• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunkman View Post
    Thanks a ton for the advice that worked great. Much appreciated
    You are welcome

Comment

Hola, I sometimes in my box ( mini m8s ii 2gb/8gb ap6212 v106), I lose the connection enthernet.
      I turn off, on the box and come back.
      Does anyone have the same problem?

Comment

For those that have very slow wi-fi with this box (like me), here is an idea.... I don't know if it is a valid way of thinking, so feel free to comment / correct me if you want :-)

I guess if the issues are hardware - related, there is nothing we can actually do (maybe connecting an external antenna is a solution here).

But, if the problems are firmware / driver - related, then maybe we could investigate this by installing LibreElec.

So the idea is to install the latest 905x LibreElec (on a MicroSD card - and not on the NAND)
        Then download / install the Speedtest.net Kodi addon and see the results.
        If the Linux driver (LibreElec is Linux based) is better, then maybe we will have better results with the wi-fi and we can settle with running LibreElec (which by the way is a much smoother solution compared to the bloated KODI of this BOX - I actually use SPMC on the NAND and LibreElec on my MicroSD).

I will try this when I get back home and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post
          For those that have very slow wi-fi with this box (like me), here is an idea.... I don't know if it is a valid way of thinking, so feel free to comment / correct me if you want :-)

I guess if the issues are hardware - related, there is nothing we can actually do (maybe connecting an external antenna is a solution here).

But, if the problems are firmware / driver - related, then maybe we could investigate this by installing LibreElec.

So the idea is to install the latest 905x LibreElec (on a MicroSD card - and not on the NAND)
          Then download / install the Speedtest.net Kodi addon and see the results.
          If the Linux driver (LibreElec is Linux based) is better, then maybe we will have better results with the wi-fi and we can settle with running LibreElec (which by the way is a much smoother solution compared to the bloated KODI of this BOX - I actually use SPMC on the NAND and LibreElec on my MicroSD).

I will try this when I get back home and report back.
          The results are not what I expected.
          My box has the AP6212A wi-fi chip and installing LibreElec did not give me any noticeable gain.
          While I was getting around 1Mbps at Android, LibreElec (Linux) gave me around 2 Mbps.

Comment

I have noticed that If I use a Reboot app from the Play Store to reboot the box, some times it loads the launcher and after that it freezes. I cannot do anything with the remote, the keyboard or the mouse.
            I have tried several Reboot apps and I still have the same issue (in like 50% of the app-initiated reboots).
            If I just turn off and On the box via the power remote button, I have no issues. I have also tried the "soft reboot" option via some of these apps, and I seem to have no issues.

Has anyone experienced anything like that ?
            Do you think this is a Firmware or a hardware issue ?

p.s. I don't know if this is related but, also every time I tried those several Reboot apps to reboot in recovery (in order to try out LibreElec on my SD card), the box would not see my LibreElec-installed SD card, and it would show me that broken android robot image with options to reboot, reboot to bootloader, etc... (see attached image)
            Only way to reboot in recovery and see my LibreElec card is to open the Terminal app and type: "reboot update".
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LostEchoes; 02-06-2017, 12:00.

Comment

Hi everyone... sorry for bugging you guys buy I'm totally lost and I need some help please...

I bought the M8S II box in july, it worked great with the default stock rom [it's the july version]. Never been able to update with the OTA it proposes [0808 firmware, 12mb update] anyway that was not a problem.
              Yesterday I installed the new KODI 17 and I read the new specs for audio passthrough: with kodi 16.1 my box just worked fine with DOLBY and DTS passthrough... now it can't play any DTS stream...
              What should I do? Update to the V109 firmware solve this issue?
              Looks like a issue related to the new IEC audio standards...

Second question: I can't figure out if netflix is hd or not... the v109 firmware is in any way related to this?

thanks, sorry again for bothering but I'm very confused after reading dozen an dozen of pages and sites...

Comment

I too have this box at current stock ROM release and Kodi 17 will not play DTS. Could be a licensing issue. I dropped back to 16.1 and all is good. SPMC also runs well on this box.
                Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by txxx View Post
                  Hi everyone... sorry for bugging you guys buy I'm totally lost and I need some help please...

I bought the M8S II box in july, it worked great with the default stock rom [it's the july version]. Never been able to update with the OTA it proposes [0808 firmware, 12mb update] anyway that was not a problem.
                  This is probably not important to you, but if you are trying to update OTA with a microSD card in the box, then remove the card and try again. It might work this time.

Comment

LibreElec have just indicated that they have made a breakthrough for Amlogic devices, so fingers crossed !

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
                      LibreElec have just indicated that they have made a breakthrough for Amlogic devices, so fingers crossed !

Meaning what exactly ?

This ? https://libreelec.tv/2017/02/libreel...-v7-95-2-beta/

Comment

... is librelec compatible? is there any guide to install?
                        what about the new IEC standards? The new firmwares solve the problem?

Comment

... is librelec compatible? is there any guide to install?
                          what about the new IEC standards? The new firmwares solve the problem?
                          Of course it is compatible with Mini M8s II box.
                          Here is everything you need to know. I have tried LibreElec installed on my microSD card and it runs fine:

This is an unofficial LibreELEC build aimed at devices based on Amlogic S905/S905X SoC. Kodi Jarvis is now obsolete, these builds are no longer updated (apart from security updates). How to install, update, FAQ: LibreELEC…

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes
                            Yes I think so..

Comment

thank you so much for the kind answer!
                              So... I'll wait for librelec "kodi 17" version... I've a microsd I'm not using so much.

Is anyone here able to solve the netflix hd problem? anyone knows if there's a patch or something?

the last firmware [I read the v109 is the last one even if for a similar box] solves something about the IEC standard o DRM level?

Comment

thank you so much for the kind answer!
                                So... I'll wait for librelec "kodi 17" version... I've a microsd I'm not using so much.

Is anyone here able to solve the netflix hd problem? anyone knows if there's a patch or something?

the last firmware [I read the v109 is the last one even if for a similar box] solves something about the IEC standard o DRM level?
                                These Chinese boxes will NEVER play netflix in HD because Netflix controls who is allowed to play in HD. As for your Kodi 17 problem, you people should really only be using SPMC, as it is the kodi fork created by the only Android Dev the Kodi foundation had. Stop using kodi on your android boxes people, it doesn't work properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X