Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YUNDOO Y6 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Amlogic S905X TV BOX 2G/32G 2.4G/5G WIFI LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YUNDOO Y6 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Amlogic S905X TV BOX 2G/32G 2.4G/5G WIFI LAN BT

Click image for larger version

Name:	YUNDOO-Y6-Android-6-0-Marshmallow-Amlogic-S905X-TV-BOX-374697-.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	592981

Android Marshmallow

Amlogic S905X

DDR3 2GB RAM, eMMC 32GB Flash

Dual Band WIFI

100M LAN

Name:	YUNDOO-Y6-Android-6-0-Marshmallow-Amlogic-S905X-TV-BOX-374704-.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	592982

Name:	geekbuying-YUNDOO-Y6-Android-6-0-Marshmallow-Amlogic-S905X-TV-BOX-385108-.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	592983
    Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

32 GB is a lot of storage space for a TV Box. Do we really need that much storage? Have you had the chance yet to try this one out?? I'd be interested to know how it performs.
    **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Reviving this old post haha.

I will be picking this box up tonight. I will post what I can in the next few days about it. 32 gigs of storage is awesome and should do well for cache and for any addons that use torrents. I just hope the one I get is rooted properly so I can install adaway.

Comment

Ok here's an update. The box itself is rather heavy, so it should have some not too bad cooling inside, maybe some metal, as it is heavier than an A95X, but the same size roughly. Wireless speeds are fantastic. 35mb a second both up and down on my 100mb network. It comes rooted, but not properly, as supersu is not installed, and WILL NOT install. Because of this, there are some serious issues with getting certain apps to work. Lots of screen tearing, or white lines as I would like to call them, throughout usage. I am not sure if these is caused by poor cooling, as it probably just has a metal plate with lots of thermal grease, or not. It also will not play 10bit HEVC files in Kodi or SPMC. So the firmware is broken of course.

No navigation bar at all. When I use a softbar, I can not bring up notifications or even recent apps. If the rom on this could be fixed, it would be a killer streaming box, as 32 gigs is more than enough space for cache and addons.

It also appears in my attempted to properly root the device I soft bricked it. So going to attempt to restore to factory if I can figure out how, as no instructions came with the device :|

Comment

There seems to be firmware available, so a good chance of getting it back to stock if required.

https://mega.nz/#F!YkAnSArK!PMrhn_1VQW02MlF4Sngpsg
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Oh man thank you. I was going to post in the Gear Best thread and request it haha. I will let you know how it goes. And hope that this doesn't have a reset button that is a pain!

Well wouldn't flash with ami tool so I had to use the reset button and sdcard image. Once again, thank you very much. You seriously saved my bacon!
            Last edited by Kuno; 01-14-2017, 22:51.

Comment

So after a few days with the device, the white lines on the tv have vanished. I have taken it apart and will post some pictures later. It does have a heavy plate on the bottom of the box which acts like the heatsink. I will try to post detailed pictures so everyone knows what it looks like. Have to be careful though as the wifi is glued to the lid like most of these boxes. I don't want to break that as it has great wifi speeds.

Comment

Just a heads up, I accidently flashed the A95X S905X firmware onto the box tonight, and everything WORKED!! Wifi, etc, no issues with SPMC and 10bit HEVC, so it appears that the frankenstein rom might work with this box as well. If it does, then seriously that would be awesome.

Comment

Xannytech Custom rom works with this as well, though you do need to copy over the wifi drivers as this box uses the same ones as the newer A95X does. Once the firmware has been updated, this box is now a beast. Though the wifi speeds have dropped from 35mb to 27mb.

Comment

If anyone else out there has this box, if you haven't flashed Xannytech yet, can you please post the remote.conf file, as the Xannytech mod did not copy it over (it's experimental and I took my chances and lost haha). Would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Finally got my box back, here are the pictures I promised. If they suck, I am sorry.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

So I was able to finally pull the remote.conf file from the stock firmware and copied across to my xannytech modded Yundoo Y6, but the remote isn't working. I think I set the permissions right, 644. I'm a newb at this so really not sure if I did it correctly. I deleted the old remote.conf and copied the new over and then set the permissions. Rebooted the box, and nothing. Is there some other file I need to copy across? Or are there different permissions? If anyone has an idea, I would love a response! I love the Yundoo Y6, so much space, so fast with the extra ram. Totally worth the price with all the hard work Xanny did with that rom that works on P212 motherboards.

Comment

Just a heads up I was able to resolve the remote issue. There are 2 remote.conf files on the original firmware. This box uses a remote1.conf file, which you then need to rename to remote.conf in order to have it work properly with Xannytech's firmware. Now the only issue is after flashing Xannytechs firmware to the box, the reset button no longer functions, and I am unable to update the box to any new firmwares. I believe it has something similar in regards to the A95x boot loader issue that Xannytech found out. I need to go through the thread and find the fix that he posted in order to see if it will allow me to update the box to his latest firmware, as it will not work with the burn tool and will not flash through twrp or sd card.

Comment

Tenho um tvbox yundoo y6 e ele nao encontra a cidade do clima no weather...como fazer eu ja formatei o tvbox e nao deu certo. alguem pode me ajudar a resolver este problema....

Comment

Working...
                            X