Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial TWRP 3.0.2-0 Probox2 Air

Hi guys,

Here you can find my build of TWRP for the Probox2 Air with Amlogic s905x chip. This build is not endorsed in any way by the TWRP team, any problems with it are my fault alone, anything good with it TWRP team are the ones to be thankful.

Like all my builds this one will backup your internal memory (SDcard) the only folders that it will bypass are the TWRP and Downloads. On restore the new data in SDcard will be kept, files with the same name will be overwritten. If you have problems after a restore, wipe your data and internal memory and do a new restore.

Install method
    • Download the image, place it on the root of your fat formatted SDcard
    • Insert the SDcard in to your Probox
    • Power off your Probox, remove the cable.
    • Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Probox
    • After proximally 10 seconds you will be greated with TWRP screen

Now if you want to install it to the eMMC click install, click images, click storage and choose the SDcard with the recovery.img. Flash it to recovery.
    Done

Alternative method

You can also use adb to in flash it. Open terminal/cmd window and issue
    • adb connect YOUR.PROBOX.IP.ADRESS. A pop up window will appear in your Probox, allow it.
    • adb push path/to/recovery.img /dev/recovery.img
    • adb shell dd if=/dev/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery; sync; sync
    • adb shell rm -f /dev/recovery.img

Done. Now you can issue 'adb reboot recovery' to reboot to TWRP

DOWNLOAD

Probox2 Air TWRP 3.0.2-0

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

abdul_pt. I installed your build on my mini M8S running TX5 Pro. I get this error when performing a backup:

/sbin/postrecovery.sh process ended with ERROR: 17

The backup process did work and rebooting into Recovery launches your TWRP. I know your TWRP was not developed for my model but I like to experiment and like what TWRP brings to installing and recovering a prior state.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

I noticed that sometimes the USB modules were not loaded on init as they should, so i made another insmod command , that script, and when the modules are already loaded it throws that error.
      It's not really an error, although it says so.
      I will fix it so that it doesn't happens.
      Thanks.

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Cool... The backup looks good. I can boot Recovery into TWRP and back to Android. Nice work.

Comment

abdul_pt. I see where I can install Boot, Recovery & Logo but I do not see kernel? How can I apply a new one or .img? The last Tanix Pro .img put recovery back to Android. No big deal to recovery yours. Thanks.

Comment

Kernel is inside boot.img

Tapatalked

Comment

In exercising this, the date stamp is 12/31/14. Not a big deal because I create my own file names on backup.. Also for a full IMG, will boot just do system & boot on install and not recovery? I'd like to get the box to be able to install without Flash Tool. I do appreciate your work.

Comment

I applied a different ROM (Tanix X5) to my M8S and lost the ability to recover into TWRP. On recovery, Android's kick in when your recovery is on SD. Sorry.

Comment

Do either of you folks happen to have a (preferably vanilla) TWRP backup for the PB2Air? I'm in a bit of a semi-brick situation thanks to my sons spirit of curiosity. I can still get to TWRP at least.

Comment

Best option is to flash using USB burn tool.

You have an image here

Comment

I've been trying that. But for some reason I can't get the Amlogic tool to work. My Windows 10 laptop detects the box, but in device manager I get an error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Not sure why. I don't understand. The driver was installed. I might have to wait for the official update. But thanks anyway.

Comment

I lost the ability to use TWRP on my M8S with the install of Tanix X5. I am at version 2.0.8 of the Flash Tool in order to flash a ROM. You can get it here. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...0-lan-bt/page9. I have been able to re-flash a number of times with this release.

Comment

Hi can I install it on custom fw like Frankenstein fw? Thx

Comment

I am using it with Frankenstein 082316. I could not get it to work with stock M8S ROM. I was having some issue doing backups to USB HDD. Switching to s USB Stick fixed my issues. Looks pretty solid from here.
                            Last edited by cjeman; 10-19-2016, 16:05. Reason: Original comment was wrong

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                              This also works on a Trongle "Android 6.0 TV Box, SEGURO X2 KODI 16.1 Streaming Media Player Amlogic S905X": https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With TWRP booted from SD-card it was possible to install Superuser :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X