X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clandestino123 View Post
    hi folks- I'm keen to know, will this work with my sunvell T95x? 2gb/8gb

thanks in advance
    This thread would suggest that it should, albeit with a slightly different approach with the Sunvell not having a reset button.

Due to the combination of having ordered an s905x box instead of a s905 one and having a few weeks off from work, I was wondering what is needed to get s905x supported. I've had a quick look at the latest amlogic kernel tarball…

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I have a COOLEME (Mini M8S II) and i installed LibreELEC 7.0 to a Micro SD Card, created a dummy.zip file .... and my box Boots straight to LibreELEC without having press any reset buttons

Pretty happy with this as i can exit Kodi using (Reboot From NAND) and the Box will reboot to Android ... so i can play games, netflix etc etc

Then using a Reboot App (from the Google Play Store) ... reboot, and it boots back to LibreELEC (this is ideal for me as want both OS's ... so i'm not gonna install LibreELEC to NAND, SD Card works fine)

this is the version i'm using:
      http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel/2016-10-03-devel/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img.gz

Comment

Very good can you post a step by step in a new thread and use topic (Install LibreElec to boot from sd) and ill sticky it. 😁
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by twevers View Post

No it's this one. You see the volume and skip buttons....volume up is not working. Neither the back button
          Might not be ideal but until you can find the PC Update .img CEC is fully working. Most TVs do have this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

Might not be ideal but until you can find the PC Update .img CEC is fully working. Most TVs do have this feature.
            I've asked for it from the vendor of my Venz box but will not be for the upcoming days I guess. CEC is not an option, my TV doesn't support (Sony flat screen >10y...)

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              One thing that I have noticed and which has also been shown to be the same with the S905x Android firmwares is that the videos are all a little too dark and therefore don't reproduce colours as they should be seen.

A good way to show this is to play this file.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! demo-uhd3d.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf demo-uhd3d.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

On a box with correct reproduction such as the Dolamee D5, the colours are vivid and deep, with black levels correct.

On the S905x the colours are dim and overshadowed by the black levels that prevent a lot of the colour from being shown.
              Settings:

Brightness 75%
              Contrast 40%

Fixes it, but that is odd. Is it just because that video is dark because it is a demo for OLED TVs??

Are there any other video formats that dark? Or is it just that one?

All the videos I have played have not had the issue of being dark.

Comment

Settings:

Brightness 75%
                Contrast 40%

Fixes it, but that is odd. Is it just because that video is dark because it is a demo for OLED TVs??

Are there any other video formats that dark? Or is it just that one?

All the videos I have played have not had the issue of being dark.
                I already tried playing with brightness and contrast.

All formats are not quite right and that demo was just a good example of where it is extreme.

When comparing to how it should be it is definitely sub par.

That is not to say that it is not eminently watchable but the difference is noticeable.

But with the same thing being the case on all Android firmwares, I think that it will be a case of waiting for SDK improvements.

Comment

I already tried playing with brightness and contrast.

All formats are not quite right and that demo was just a good example of where it is extreme.

When comparing to how it should be it is definitely sub par.

That is not to say that it is not eminently watchable but the difference is noticeable.

But with the same thing being the case on all Android firmwares, I think that it will be a case of waiting for SDK improvements.
                  I just tested it with them settings and it looked fine. When you say you played with the brightness and contrast. Are you on about on the TV or within Kodi? The settings I posted was for Kodi.

Comment

I just tested it with them settings and it looked fine. When you say you played with the brightness and contrast. Are you on about on the TV or within Kodi? The settings I posted was for Kodi.
                    In Kodi.

When I get a few minutes I'll capture some footage from the D5 and the TX5 Pro that will show the difference.

When the brightness and contrast is adjusted there is more of a washed out effect and greys are not quite right.

Comment

In Kodi.

When I get a few minutes I'll capture some footage from the D5 and the TX5 Pro that will show the difference.

When the brightness and contrast is adjusted there is more of a washed out effect and greys are not quite right.
                      I use this for my tests: http://jell.yfish.us/

That video you posted is the only one I have come across that is dark. And just bumping up the brightness and slightly lowing the contrast within Kodi fixed that. I honestly think it is just that video unless you can show another example.

Comment

I use this for my tests: http://jell.yfish.us/

That video you posted is the only one I have come across that is dark. And just bumping up the brightness and slightly lowing the contrast within Kodi fixed that. I honestly think it is just that video unless you can show another example.
                        I can show it on a few videos.

I'll capture some footage from each box so you can get an idea where I am coming from.

Comment

I can show it on a few videos.

I'll capture some footage from each box so you can get an idea where I am coming from.
                          Cool. Also show changing the brightness and contrast within Kodi while playing the video so I can get a better idea of what is going on.

EDIT#

I am just downloading a few Ultra HD videos with HDR. The issue might be with HDR videos, but need to test.

Comment

It's not just HDR.

When playing an HDR video, if a TV doesn't support the HDR layer then it will just ignore it and play the underlying stream.

But I'll sort out some comparisons tomorrow where difference in colours and also detail can be shown.

Comment

It's not just HDR.

When playing an HDR video, if a TV doesn't support the HDR layer then it will just ignore it and play the underlying stream.

But I'll sort out some comparisons tomorrow where difference in colours and also detail can be shown.
                              Don't worry about doing that. I am getting the same issue with the videos from here. When I back out to the main kodi screen while the video is playing. Everything is darker. With the theme I use the navigation bar is normally a dark grey. While the video is playing it is black. So yeah there is something going on that isn't right.

Pretty sure the issue is with Rec. 2020/BT.2020.

EDIT#

This needs to be added: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254875
                              Last edited by pinguy; 10-14-2016, 02:55.

Comment

Hey Pinguy, did you test the 7.0.2.008 already yourself? I'm trying to grab it from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.2.008 but the link seems to time-out. and I need the original one from Kazq

Comment

Working...
                                X