This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twevers View Post

OK I misunderstood :-) My link is the only thing I have. And I was able to install it via the stock recovery that came with the box (after pressing and holding the reset button, powering on and in the android stock recovery choosing install from ZIP...This was going perfectly. However, now, since I installed the TWRP recovery...It won't let me install that ZIP anymore...errors: not correct image for device hardware...or something like that). So I'm kinda stuck...
    I think that you are probably going to need to buy or borrow a cable to flash again.

I'm not sure that there is any other method that can be used in this situation.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I think that you are probably going to need to buy or borrow a cable to flash again.

I'm not sure that there is any other method that can be used in this situation.
      And I would need the full image for my box...I guess? a USB-A-male to A-male should be that hard to find... however, the full image for my box...that's another thing...

Comment

And I would need the full image for my box...I guess? a USB-A-male to A-male should be that hard to find... however, the full image for my box...that's another thing...
        Remind me which box you have?

Comment

Remind me which box you have?
          Venz V10 Pro http://venztech.com/v10pro/

Comment

This should install via TWRP: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...19FSF9pQi1qQW8

Comment

I'll see if I can find an official stock image although it is likely that other S905x firmwares listed on here will be enough to get you booted up and use the bundled update apps to use the OTA image to update and have all the correct settings for your box.

Comment

I'll see if I can find an official stock image although it is likely that other S905 firmwares listed on here will be enough to get you booted up and use the bundled update apps to use the OTA image to update and have all the correct settings for your box.
                OK Thanks...remember it's a S905 X...

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post
                  Thanx Pinguy, I'll try that but I'm wondering if that get's me rid of the TWRP in the recovery.
                  The thing is that I really need to install the latest offical libreelec from within the Android, so it takes my remote.conf from it while updating and installing. and this ****in TWRP is preventing that. I've tried it already from my backup android that's running now. I boot into android...system upgrade...from U-disk...installing the libreelec...running...reboot...and than in stead of going further on with the libreelec installation...it goes to the TWRP main page...upon reboot it crashes and telling me no OS installed. The only way to get it alive again is to get into TWRP again and restore from backup my android again....you see...I really want to get rid of the TWRP...

Comment

OK Thanks...remember it's a S905 X...
                    Fingers missed a key there lol

Comment

OK, from what I can deduce, the V10 Pro comes with Lollipop, with a promise for Marshmallow.

It's a P212 board, so firmware that runs on the likes of the Mini M8S II should work.

So that is what I would try in terms of trying another firmware, although if the V10 Pro does still only support Lollipop then the OTA update is going to be useless, unless you can find a 905x firmware with Lollipop, which there may well be some but only used Marshmallow ones myself to date.

Also try contacting Venztech through their website to ask for a copy of the stock firmware.

Comment

OK, from what I can deduce, the V10 Pro comes with Lollipop, with a promise for Marshmallow.

It's a P212 board, so firmware that runs on the likes of the Mini M8S II should work.

So that is what I would try in terms of trying another firmware, although if the V10 Pro does still only support Lollipop then the OTA update is going to be useless, unless you can find a 905x firmware with Lollipop, which there may well be some but only used Marshmallow ones myself to date.

Also try contacting Venztech through their website to ask for a copy of the stock firmware.
                        The android version that came with the box is 6.x if I remember correctly when checking the device info. That's March mellow right?
                        I just send a mail to Venz tech too

Comment

The android version that came with the box is 6.x if I remember correctly when checking the device info. That's March mellow right?
                          I just send a mail to Venz tech too
                          Yes 6.0 is MM, so that will open up the possibilities and I feel sure that one way or the other, you will be back up and running in no time.

Comment

Yes 6.0 is MM, so that will open up the possibilities and I feel sure that one way or the other, you will be back up and running in no time.
                            So if I don't get a firmware from venz,than try one from the Mini M8S II. After that doing the OTA for my venz to get the remote functioning (as they both ship with a different one)

Am I correct? (Sorry I'm new to android and Linux and those things....but still an it guy)

Comment

So if I don't get a firmware from venz,than try one from the Mini M8S II. After that doing the OTA for my venz to get the remote functioning (as they both ship with a different one)

Am I correct? (Sorry I'm new to android and Linux and those things....but still an it guy)
                              That just about sums things up.

There is no absolute guarantee as it depends on what is in the OTA update but it is a process that I have used myself in the past with success.

It would be odd to think that Venztech would not be able to supply a copy of the stock firmware because they know that there will be all kinds of situations that would require a flash from scratch.

Comment

That just about sums things up.

There is no absolute guarantee as it depends on what is in the OTA update but it is a process that I have used myself in the past with success.

It would be odd to think that Venztech would not be able to supply a copy of the stock firmware because they know that there will be all kinds of situations that would require a flash from scratch.
                                Good point, just that yesterday venz Europe support told me that I voided warranty by doing the two flash but that they would exceptionally contact the supplier....That's why I myself contacted venz main seat in china

Comment

Working...
                                X