Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running the latest, rooted firmware, and I have not seen it. Though I did see it mentioned over at Khadas, so hope it gets resolved.
    If I remember, it involves CEC. This may explain why I have not seen it, not using CEC devices at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      I am running the latest, rooted firmware, and I have not seen it. Though I did see it mentioned over at Khadas, so hope it gets resolved.
      If I remember, it involves CEC. This may explain why I have not seen it, not using CEC devices at the moment.
      Yes they have said it's probably CEC,I have flashed it with the rooted firmware and I don't have that issue anymore

Comment

Source Khadas Vim

Here release a new Android Root ROM http://www.mediafire.com/file/isj5t6...Root_170121.7z

Check Firmware Page7 to download the ROM. Infos:

ROM version: Vim_Marshmallow_Root_V170121.7z

The ROM is for EMMC installation only

Add CEC language checker menu
        Add reboot function on the power menu
        Update kodi to the '17.0 release candidate 3' version
        Adjust the ddr frequency to match both Samsung/Skhynix DDR
        Further info

Also working on

The Android multi boot will release soon.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          Source Khadas Vim

Here release a new Android Root ROM http://www.mediafire.com/file/isj5t6...Root_170121.7z

Check Firmware Page7 to download the ROM. Infos:

ROM version: Vim_Marshmallow_Root_V170121.7z

The ROM is for EMMC installation only

Add CEC language checker menu
          Add reboot function on the power menu
          Update kodi to the '17.0 release candidate 3' version
          Adjust the ddr frequency to match both Samsung/Skhynix DDR
          Further info

Also working on

The Android multi boot will release soon.
          Good stuff. Do you know if auto refresh rate change works in kodi on this firmware?

Comment

Can someone help me a bit ?

I have the khadas vim 2/16 and the only os pre-installed is the android one.
            Openelec and librelec must be installed separately , correct?
            Is there a guide for triple boot like the one seen in pictures in latest posts above?

Comment

Dual boot is happen soon have a read
              Good News! Khadas VIM is available for presale on now, and there are two models: Vim: 2GB DDR3 + 8GB EMMC + AP6212(b/n/g WIFI) $49.9 at Gearbest.com Vim Pro: 2GB DDR3 + 16GB EMMC + AP6255(b/n/g/ac WIFI) $64.9 at Gearbest.com And check the link for the coupons. Resources High resolution photos of VIM product. Tutorials for developers Full open source code on Github Amlogic openlinux website Feedbacks If any questions, kindly feedback to us as following ways: Just reply here direct...
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
                Coupon is ready!

2GB+8GB, Only $43.99
                Coupon: GBKV8
                http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-...62.html?wid=21

2GB+16GB, Only $54.99
                Coupon: GBKV16
                http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-...63.html?wid=21

You guys missed up something.. If I apply the code, the price gets even higher... Try GBKV8 and the price will jump to $52.57 not down to $43.99 . Never seen a coupon that makes the item more expensive

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 13.59.50.png Views:	2 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	624537
                Attached Files

Comment

This is because the coupon expired.

Comment

Oh no :/ are you sure? if it expired it should say so, not increase the price, right? I promised my friends that they can buy it for 40 euros. I guess I will try to make them wait till the next discount.

Comment

You have to applaud Gouwa and the Vim team. Their dual-boot rom is out in the middle of the Chinese holiday season, well ahead of time. Haven't tried it yet, but good to know it's there and that this dynamic little group continue to put their minds and hearts into this project. Would Apple or Microsoft release new firmware over the Xmas break?

Comment

Yes Excellent work indeed
                        Have it in and working good as the present just sorting thru it all as it comes
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by kokonuts View Post

You guys missed up something.. If I apply the code, the price gets even higher... Try GBKV8 and the price will jump to $52.57 not down to $43.99 . Never seen a coupon that makes the item more expensive

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreen Shot 2017-01-24 at 13.59.50.png Views:\t2 Size:\t46.7 KB ID:\t624537","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"624537","data-size":"custom"}

if I'm not mistaken gearbest agree to extent promo for khadas box
                          Last edited by KAA; 01-25-2017, 02:05.
                          MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This new year is already 25 days old so I think it would be over...for sure
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

base on chinese new year another 3 day

Comment

Working...
                                X