Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KAA View Post
    base on chinese new year another 3 day
    not based on the Chinese new year~

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
    #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Your assumption of Chinese New year is cutting it fine I feel, and will stand corrected if that is the case
      But as the deal is not active I think it has been answered.

Can we now keep this thread on topic, and keep Individual customer matters in the resellers thread
      Thank You.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A review of the Vim here http://mediaplayers.gr/khadas-vim/
        Looks like a worthy alternative to pi3

Comment

Got my Khadas so far so good expect the color is fair bit dimmer than my other devices when connected to tv doesn't seem to be any options under display settings like you would usually find with Android have tried latest Android firmware aswell but problem still persists. I'm guessing no-one else has experienced this problem since I haven't seen it mentioned before?

Also Khadas has released dual-boot..

Comment

Is there any screen recorder that works on arm?

I have tried to install simple screen recorder, added ppa, but when i try to install using apt-get, i get a message that it's unable to locate package directory.

I am not even sure is the hw even capable enough to run it, but i want to be sure, so if anyone can help?

Last edited by Tommy21st; 01-28-2017, 14:04.

Comment

I have an amd cpu fan, taken from a dead mbo, it has 4 pin connector, can it be powered up through vin port, vin port has 4 pins?

I am not at home, so i can't check to see if it fits, so if anyone with technical knowledge can answer?

Can anyone answer, on both questions, pleaseeeee

Comment

It doesn't fit, just checked it, maybe the pins are suitable, but the connector is too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy21st View Post
                  Is there any screen recorder that works on arm?

I have tried to install simple screen recorder, added ppa, but when i try to install using apt-get, i get a message that it's unable to locate package directory.

I am not even sure is the hw even capable enough to run it, but i want to be sure, so if anyone can help?

1. run synaptic
                  2. update\reload
                  3. search and install "kazam"

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска
                  Last edited by balbes150; 01-31-2017, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

1. run synaptic
                    2. update\reload
                    3. search and install "kazam"

https://yadi.sk/i/eZvQjqKv3BntE2
                    That is awesome, thanks for the video clip.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks Balbes for helping!

Comment

Yesterday I got the VIM model (2/16). Thank you members of Khadas for the sample. First impressions - very positive. I note the original design of the body, very useful for me, as it will make it easy to change for different tasks. I hope now I will be able to fully optimize my design for this platform.

Comment

Heard there a pin that shorted switches from Android to ubuntu so seems like a few Devs already on board with this device. Glad to see your working on it as well
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Heard there a pin that shorted switches from Android to ubuntu so seems like a few Devs already on board with this device. Glad to see your working on it as well
                            Thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              Heard there a pin that shorted switches from Android to ubuntu so seems like a few Devs already on board with this device.......
                              I think this is that. Jumper off, boot Android, Jumper on, boot Ubuntu. This assumes dual-boot image is installed.

Comment

Now checked the latest image (desktop MATE 20170205) on VIM. Activated-boot console UART (full firmware with Android remains unchanged, and disconnect the external drive continues to work as before). Launched system to the USB flash drive. The Sound Is OK. Wired network is OK. WiFi - is Ok. By the way, both band 2.4 and 5 GHz (router enabled 5 GHz band for China) without manual settings. At many TV consoles 5 GHz from the box not working. While playing a test video (without scaling) the temperature was about 60 Degrees. I believe that for normal operation is necessary the cooling system. Ideal - a radiator + fan. I think after a complex modernization of the cooling system, this device can operate at full capacity, fully justifying its price and having the significant potential to perform different tasks. I think the presence on the one hand opportunities for development, on the other a single platform with a massive TV consoles make this device very interesting for a wide range of users (not necessarily developers).

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Working...
                                X