Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What OS will be pre-installed? Can I turn it on and off, with my mele f10 deluxe, or I have to buy the remote what made for this box?
    Last edited by gamerhun21; 12-08-2016, 20:29.

Comment

It comes with marshmallow preinstalled, i think we will have to wait for linux ports, multi boot was the reason to buy this device, so i'm hoping it will have good developer support.

I know there are Linux ports for many Amlogic s905/s905x devices, but there aren't many with official support, and i am hoping that khadas vim will be supported for a while.

I don't see a reason why mele f10 deluxe wouldn't work with this board?

Comment

Thx,pre-ordered...

Comment

Originally posted by gamerhun21
          Thx,pre-ordered...
          Can't wait to try it out, i hope this will turn out to be a great little device.

On the hardware side, everything is more or less known, i hope that Ubuntu image will be ready soon.

Comment

For everyone interested, it looks like there is a new official page for this board.

Challenge forth trendy and inspiring products that seed a feeling of “niubility”!

I've tried to register my account on the forum, but i can't activate my account, something is wrong with registration.

Comment

yep...cannot activate thru email...

community.khadas.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
              MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post
                yep...cannot activate thru email...

community.khadas.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Hi, we moved our community address to: http://forum.khadas.com, kindly have a new try.

And for your cases who have registered the account and just need activate, just replace 'community' to 'forum' in your email link, ex:

community.khadas.com/users/activate-account/d630a7428fdb3150521cd418dad9993b

to:

forum.khadas.com/users/activate-account/d630a7428fdb3150521cd418dad9993b

Comment

Originally posted by gamerhun21 View Post
                  What OS will be pre-installed? Can I turn it on and off, with my mele f10 deluxe, or I have to buy the remote what made for this box?
                  Pre-installed with Android M.
                  Can turn off via any air-remote controller like mele f10, but you need turn on Khadas VIM via the power button on the device.
                  For better experience,we recommend to purchase the remote controller accessory of Khadas VIM which can power on/off VIM.

You can visit Khadas Docs for the tutorials.

Comment

I have not looked lately, but I think balbes150 may have a LibreELEC or some Linux for some S905x. It would not surprise me to find his efforts work on the Khadas Vim(at least in part), but that is just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                      I have not looked lately, but I think balbes150 may have a LibreELEC or some Linux for some S905x. It would not surprise me to find his efforts work on the Khadas Vim(at least in part), but that is just speculation.
                      We will release LibreELEC source code on Khadas VIM next week.

Comment

Thanks for the info gouwa. I have joined the Khadas Vim forum. I see the LibreELEC posting there.

Comment

Originally posted by theguyuk View Post
                          So anyone got one up and running with a video of it playing 4K videos

Comment

And a new video about khadas vim....

Comment

Anyone here preordered it, mine has been dispatched, at least gb app says that.

Comment

Post regarding shipping etc have been moved to Gearbest Support area
                                Easier for Gearbest to locate and deal with if a problem
                                Holiday Greetings
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X