Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

superceleron

hey bro
    I eventually downloaded the ROM and installed it on my p212 reference board!!
    now my reset button does not work and i want to get back to my own rom because wifi does not work for my box.

I tried to install twrp 3.1.1 and 3.2.3 and 3.0.2 but device sticks to logo.
    i think the problem comes from incompatible bootloader and recovery or kernel.
    could you please help me to install twrp on this rom or find a way to boot to upgrade mode?

TNX

Comment

ATV PIE 9 Khadas Vim 1 V2-Rom... Soon
      SC been at it again over paid and underworked

As per normal I think he is getting the hang of how to do this :upside_down_face:

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

New Rom Can be Found: Vim1 [ROM] SC VIM1 Pie ATV Debug/User builds v2 20200130

https://forum.khadas.com/t/rom-sc-vi...-20200130/5284

Using Kresque:

https://forum.khadas.com/t/krescue-take-full-control-of-your-vim-device/5945

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So after a bit of a muck around:

The installation of Android 9 ATV on Vim1 using Kresque works well

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            hehehe krescue all the way lol

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          So after a bit of a muck around:

The installation of Android 9 ATV on Vim1 using Kresque works well

Hi SC/Trebor, its a zstd.7z file. I can extract 7z on windows but not sure how to extract from zstd which is a linux format. Can you please post just the img file? That would really help. Also the size is pretty big. Its about 2gig and other images I have seen are in 1.2 gig range. So wanted to make sure before I download.

Comment

I believe this only comes in a Kresque format:

https://forum.khadas.com/t/krescue-t...WoT9izVb7viPiA
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

There is a zstd for windows here.

This release includes some major performance improvements and new CLI features, which make it a recommended upgrade. Faster Decompression Speed Decompression speed has been substantially improved, ...

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                Yes I tried that. But when I decompressed the file became 15 gb. So clearly unusable. But regardless, SC (and Trebor above) told me that this is a Kresuce build. I have requested SC to post a standard (non KRescue) image. I hope he does that soon but that KRescue thing did not work for me. The build looks amazing cannot wait to try it once he posts the non KRescue image.

Comment

They write that zstd decompresses 13 times faster.Perhaps because of this they switch to it .

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                    They write that zstd decompresses 13 times faster.Perhaps because of this they switch to it .
                    Probably. But I could not make KRescue work. So that build is not very helpful to me. Now waiting for SC to post a regular build/img file.

Comment

What steps did you take with Krescue? Where did the process fail?

Comment

And Not forgetting the VIM1
                        For those that may be interested:

Find a suitable Manjaro edition for your hardware.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                        X