Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A LITTLE BIT LOUDER NOW
    A LITTLE BIT LOUDER NOW

A LITTLE BIT LOUDER NOW
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Will this help?...
      I'd offer mine, but its in the shop.

Comment

Thanks to Trebor and Tommy for treading lightly round my Vim sensitivities at this point in my unit's shipping saga - Gearbest may as well have launched it on the open seas on a Viking boat..those guys got to America faster..

Seems my enforced wait may have a silver lining - the Khadas Community continues to refine firmware development, Ubuntu on emmc has now appeared, albeit still with some video issues. Linux with full h/w acceleration may take some more time. Noticed too that their current Librelec is for the 8gb/ap6212 model; if like me you ordered the 16gb/ap6255 box (wireless ac), waiting a bit longer may pay off. Meanwhile, I'm rounding up some s905x things to try. I have tracked down a developer rom (Marshmallow) for the Mi Box, which seems to be unlocked and rooted. This is a bit of a find since the excellent official firmware for that box is completely locked down and not available as an image. Will it run on the Vim, and will it be any good? Some time in 2017 I may find out...

Comment

Hello! Does this board supports USB DAC in android?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xvonabur View Post
            Hello! Does this board supports USB DAC in android?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
            Yes, USB DAC is suportted by Android, in normal case, it's nothing about hardwae/SoC platform.

Comment

Took me all day, but thanks to RISCyDude and Balbes150 got his Armbain Linux port running on my S905x Android box. Was quite a struggle getting Plex server running on it. Could not get Emby server running on it so far. Will be testing it later today, it is aggregating my videos now.

Edit: I used an old, really old 4gig microSD card that I had laying around to install this linux........ Sooooooooo, it is slow. Now, my choice is to install on the NAND or use one of my better and faster microSD cards.... I should know later if my S905x is fast enough to serve as a Plex server.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S905x.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	620174 Click image for larger version  Name:	S905x2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	620176Click image for larger version  Name:	0103171306b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	620177
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I erased eMMC and booted armbian on my Vim, at first i booted it from my tv and i thought something went wrong, but it turned out to be a display resolution problem, after i switched to monitor and plugged keyboard and mouse, everything was fine.

Now i have a problem, it looks like my root password is wrong, but i am 100% sure it is not, i don't know what to do.

I know what password i used when Armbian asked me for UNIX password, and now it won't accept it.

I don't need to enter anything when the system boots, i have no log in screen, maybe it has something to do with that?

It all works well, but i can't use anything that needs superuser rights.

I am pretty much new with linux, so i do need help for pretty much everything terminal related, i have looked all over the internet for solutions, none of them worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy21st View Post
                  I erased eMMC and booted armbian on my Vim, at first i booted it from my tv and i thought something went wrong, but it turned out to be a display resolution problem, after i switched to monitor and plugged keyboard and mouse, everything was fine.

Now i have a problem, it looks like my root password is wrong, but i am 100% sure it is not, i don't know what to do.

I know what password i used when Armbian asked me for UNIX password, and now it won't accept it.

I don't need to enter anything when the system boots, i have no log in screen, maybe it has something to do with that?

I am pretty much new with linux, so i do need help for pretty much everything terminal related, i have looked all over the internet for solutions, none of them worked.

This initial password is 1234
                  I find it best for Linux setup to use putty.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy21st View Post

Are you using the same keyboard to enter the P/W as you did to setup the P/W?

Of course, check caps lock.

You can jump out of the desktop environment(DE) and get to the login screen by using Ctrl+Alt+F2 or select logout from the Log Out menu. To return to the DE, enter startx.

Comment

Any khadas vim user manage install ubuntu on the box...
                      MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post
                        Any khadas vim user manage install ubuntu on the box...
                        Guidance to install Ubuntu on eMMC.

Comment

Ctrl+alt+f2 takes me to login screen, after i enter user name and pass, it displays welcome to armbian with few basic informations, but when i try su with the same pass, it says authentication failure.

Comment

Forgot to mention i did try with caps lock on, 1234, everything i could remember, i used the same keyboard on first boot, did not change any keyboard settings before going root, and i am sure the pass was with caps lock off.

Comment

If you are using Windows, download putty (http://www.putty.org/) and ssh into your VIM box and try the 1234 password then your new password. Putty gives you more control that trying to use the Linux GUI (at least for me). If you don't know the IP of your VIM board, use "Advanced IP scanner" to find the IP (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...p_scanner.html)

Comment

From Khadas, I noticed...

"Account info:
                                • User: root
                                • Password: khadas
                                • You can create your new admin user to suit your taste after booting"

Comment

Working...
                                X