Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy21st View Post
    A technical question, for someone more experienced.
    As i have read, gpio pins can be used to connect two additional usb ports, and i could really use them.
    So my question is, what do i have to do to connect them, can i use something that is made for raspberry, odroid c2, or something third, or do i need to wait for official khadas products to connect them. This is my first board, so i am really lost, i understand a lot about computers, but i couldn't find clear answer, or maybe i didn't know where to look.
    Always Handy to have a stack of Dupont cables on hand easy to find, and a few bits etc soldering iron and make your own
    as you mentioned something will come from Khadas, or other units, hack an old usb cable
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6508.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	620733
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thank you, i will need them, that is one thing i don't like when it comes to this tiny pc-s, lack of usb ports, and i certainly don't need a mbo soldered usb hub.

Comment

TWRP 3.0.2 for the Probox2 Air running nice on the Vim. Props to Abdul Pt for that.

And it works: backed up and restored system, data and boot in about 3 minutes in each direction.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170106_112512.jpg Views:	1 Size:	248.0 KB ID:	620883

Comment

Vim plays well on a HDTV. Its color space is well matched in that setting, USB power from the TV is quite sufficient and the Nvidia Shield looks a bit green over the Vim's tidy footprint. Oh wait, the Shield IS green, at least its LEDS are.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170106_113125.jpg Views:	1 Size:	263.3 KB ID:	620885

Comment

Khadas team is very helpful, they reply very fast, but most of the time they don't understand what i'm talking about.

I am not from US-UK, and English is not my native language, but i think i speak it well, but when i read posts written by khadas mods, it's like they are using google translate when reading or answering.

It is easier to ask here, at least for me .

Comment

No trouble following your drift, Tommy, you come across just fine. And yes, there are some very capable and helpful Freaks on the forum. Gouwa and the Khadas team are making great efforts to keep up with our early user experiences with the Vim. IMHO, only the Zidoo crowd and the Ugoos folk can compare in terms of know-how and interest - most box-makers have forgotten what their products look like or do by the time they reach us...

Comment

I just hope it will continue for a while, as you have said, there aren't many positive examples in terms of support when it comes to these boxes/dev boards.

Comment

Khadas team is very helpful, they reply very fast, but most of the time they don't understand what i'm talking about.

I am not from US-UK, and English is not my native language, but i think i speak it well, but when i read posts written by khadas mods, it's like they are using google translate when reading or answering.

It is easier to ask here, at least for me .
                  Yes, I use google translate sometimes.

And our team will try to improve our English level.

Comment

If, like me, you're not satisfied with only 1080p in YouTube, there's a fix. Edit build.prop (system folder) by adding this line (without quotes) at the end under Additional_Build_Properties:
                    "sys.display-size=3480x2160". Save the file and reboot. You should now find you can select 1440 and 2160 as a quality option when playing 4k videos on YouTube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	621308

Comment

One question, bought a micro sd card class10, uhs3, 32gb, inserted it with some no name sd reader, usb 2.0 on win10, no response from windows.

I tried to go to disk management, it shows only letter , no memory info, nothing about partition.

Card is inserted directly on the usb, it means it has no sd adapter, reader worked on my older 8gb uhs1 sd card with no problem 5 minutes before.

I bought this card for khadas, and ordered some usb 3.0 card reader which i'm still waiting, it was ordered month and a half ago from gb, same day i preordered khadas.

Card was tested on Vim, it worked, so could it be that the usb reader is limited to something, memory capacity or maybe the uhs3 isn't compatible with slow usb 2.0 readers.

I am scared now that it won't work when i get the new reader, i bought it to boot OS images from it, and if i can't flash anything on it, then the card will be useless.

Comment

Could be just your card reader not happy with 32gb
                        Card works in Khadas.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

One question, bought a micro sd card class10, uhs3, 32gb, inserted it with some no name sd reader, usb 2.0 on win10, no response from windows.

I tried to go to disk management, it shows only letter , no memory info, nothing about partition.

Card is inserted directly on the usb, it means it has no sd adapter, reader worked on my older 8gb uhs1 sd card with no problem 5 minutes before.

I bought this card for khadas, and ordered some usb 3.0 card reader which i'm still waiting, it was ordered month and a half ago from gb, same day i preordered khadas.

Card was tested on Vim, it worked, so could it be that the usb reader is limited to something, memory capacity or maybe the uhs3 isn't compatible with slow usb 2.0 readers.

I am scared now that it won't work when i get the new reader, i bought it to boot OS images from it, and if i can't flash anything on it, then the card will be useless.
                          Give this a try. Partition using the command prompt.

a. Type cmd in start search box then right click on cmd and click on run as administrator.

b. when cmd opens, type diskpart

c. After that type "list disk".

d. Select the disk of your SD card.
                          "select disk 5"

e. Type clean.

f. Type "create partition primary".

Then go into your disk manager and format it.

Edit: Under step "d", use your own disk number, it probably be anther Disk number, i have a total of 4 physical hard disk in my computer, so that is why my sd card is listed as disk 5.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

Give this a try. Partition using the command prompt.

a. Type cmd in start search box then right click on cmd and click on run as administrator.

b. when cmd opens, type diskpart

c. After that type "list disk".

d. Select the disk of your SD card.
                            "select disk 5"

e. Type clean.

f. Type "create partition primary".

Then go into your disk manager and format it.

Edit: Under step "d", use your own disk number, it probably be anther Disk number, i have a total of 4 physical hard disk in my computer, so that is why my sd card is listed as disk 5.
                            Tried that, can't remember the output error, but it didn't work!

Comment

Does your no-name reader get warm? Does it show up at all (with or without a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?) If it gets warm, the reader may be faulty or incompatible with the card. If there is any entry for it in Device Manager, uninstall it and let Windows try to detect it again after reinserting it. Try cleaning the contacts in the reader too.

Comment

Got Balbes150 Ubuntu 16.04 port running on my X9 (Amlogic S905x), and it is working very well. Waiting to see the "official" Linux for this board before I order one.

link to Balbes 150's Ubuntu firmware: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x/Link to box that I am using for my $4...
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X