Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadas Vim TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad-core (One for the Geeks) Now with Android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zahir
    Does your no-name reader get warm? Does it show up at all (with or without a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?) If it gets warm, the reader may be faulty or incompatible with the card. If there is any entry for it in Device Manager, uninstall it and let Windows try to detect it again after reinserting it. Try cleaning the contacts in the reader too.
    I think it is incompatible with card reader, it detects usb, but as if the sd isn't inserted.

I tried uninstalling it, looked at many possible solutions, nothing worked.

I will stop trying, waiting for usb 3.0 reader, i hope i won't have issues when it comes.

Comment

Received mine today,had no idea what it was as the package was so small. Has anyone got auto refresh rate change working in Kodi/SPMC?

Comment

My Khadas Vim arrived today. Thanks Willow and Khadas.

Just been playing for a little bit. balbes150's Armbian works fine on the Khadas, albeit minus WiFi/BT.

Just followed balbes150's standard method. It is not necessary to erase the installed system, as stated on the Khadas forum.
        So the Vim dual-boots between Android or Armbian by simply removing or inserting the SD card, flash drive or USB card reader.
        Excellent.

Yes, Khadas offers images specifically for the Vim, but it is always good to have more options.

Having fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          My Khadas Vim arrived today. Thanks Willow and Khadas.

Just been playing for a little bit. balbes150's Armbian works fine on the Khadas, albeit minus WiFi/BT.

Just followed balbes150's standard method. It is not necessary to erase the installed system, as stated on the Khadas forum.
          So the Vim dual-boots between Android or Armbian by simply removing or inserting the SD card, flash drive or USB card reader.
          Excellent.

Yes, Khadas offers images specifically for the Vim, but it is always good to have more options.

Having fun!!!
          Glad you received it, keep us updated.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I received my VIM box today, time to play....
            What remotes work with this box?
            I have a Harmony 650 and a Harmony Hub that I will try..

Thanks, vandyman

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	622988

This Type works with the Khandas Vim (button colour not important)
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

My vim keeps reverting back to Chinese language, does anyone elses do this?

Comment

Quick question, anybody with VIM can answer it:
                  When you plug the power cable USB-C into the board, will it boot ? or do I have to press the power button also, to make it boot? I am ready to order it, but I am afraid that it is just like geekbox, that stupid way that you need to press the power button after the power comes to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by kokonuts View Post
                    Quick question, anybody with VIM can answer it:
                    When you plug the power cable USB-C into the board, will it boot ? or do I have to press the power button also, to make it boot? I am ready to order it, but I am afraid that it is just like geekbox, that stupid way that you need to press the power button after the power comes to the board.
                    Powers straight up when plugged in

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett83 View Post

Powers straight up when plugged in
                      Thanks

Comment

Yes, it powers itself immediately after plugging in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett83 View Post
                          My vim keeps reverting back to Chinese language, does anyone elses do this?
                          I have not observed this behavior. What firmware version is on your Vim?

Comment

I am so exciting with the team what Khadas VIM will do, just check on forum. Multi-O/S Select on Khadas VIM

eg: eMMC with O/S Ubuntu+Android, TF card with LibreELEC suggestion on 16GB
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That does look interesting. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

I have not observed this behavior. What firmware version is on your Vim?
                                Stock firmware,it's a known issue apparently and khadas have said it will be fixed in the next rom

Comment

Working...
                                X