Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to nand short/reset S905X with EMMC (Nexbox A95X)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to nand short/reset S905X with EMMC (Nexbox A95X)?

Around the forums people talk about NAND shorting in order to get the tv box to enter a masked rom firmware recovery mode, however all of this seems to relate to standard flash chips where the recommendation is to short pins 7&8 or 29&30 - however many of the S905X boxes such as the Nexbox A95X have a Samsung KLMAG2WEPD-B031 eMMC flash module instead.

Is there an equivalent procedure for EMMC equipped boxes in order to enter masked rom mode, or alternatively can it be entered or the firmware recovered through the onboard Serial Port?

If not, is there any other way to recover an A95X that is stuck on the red nexbox logo and will not enter sd firmware upgrade mode or the recovery partition by depressing the reset switch inside the 3.5mm AV jack?

Any advice gratefully received, Thanks
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Does anyone know what pins to short on the A95X S905X based box?

Comment

Yes, please
      Need to know this

Comment

the pins are at the bottom of the pcb, slightly askew form the nand chip above it.
        can't really miss it. usually is the last 2 pins on the marked row (little arrow to indicate 1).
        so short the last last 2 pins on the marked row, i think 16/17 and turn the box on
        usb burner should detect it

don't press too hard cuz the solder is not that good on the ones i tried this on
        sometimes you end up permanently shorting them
        if that happens just use a plastic card or your nail to clean in between the shorted pins and should be fine again

Comment

hi tried this but didnt work
          can you post a photo please

Comment

i can't, not without taking my box apart again
            take a pic of the bottom of your board and i will show you which pins i used
            also be sure to short before plugging in the usb
            it didn't work for me on these boards when doing it once its on already

Comment

this is my board
              photo taken from google images

Comment

Originally posted by androidboxtv View Post
                this is my board
                photo taken from google images
                i have also tried the ones on the image but didn't for me
                tried them all and the last two were bingo for me
                i put red square on the last two that worked here
                my nand is sandisk
                you might have to try them all if it isn't working
                good luck!
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

which chips are the nand chips
                  what do you mean try all

how do i know which ones to try

Comment

which chips are the nand chips
                    what do you mean try all

how do i know which ones to try
                    first short the two in the red square on the pic i posted, the last two pins of the row
                    then connect box to usb where usb burner is running and you've loaded a firmware that will flash
                    once you hear the new hardware beep from windows stop shorting them

with try all i mean try all 'pairs' of contacts and short them until your box is detected

Comment

is there any way to know which pins will work without trying all of them

Comment

is there any way to know which pins will work without trying all of them
                        i don't know
                        the ones i showed you worked for me
                        if you wanna recover the box you might have to try them all

Comment

Look in the Thread for nan flash and if its there bonus. If not post it once found for others in the same boat.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I can confirm that this worked for me
                            I also found that the solder was very soft and had to be careful
                            Great tips to everyone on the thread and on the site
                            Thanks all everyone
                            Thanks to everyone who posted as well

Comment

Hi to all, I have the same problem here with my Mini M8S ii v box. I don't have the fisical NAND chip so I don't really know what pins to short... help please! Any idea howardo ??
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X