'Best' S905x box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Best' S905x box?

So, I have a QBox (2/16 memory with an S905 chip) which I love. A friend has borrowed it and has decided to buy a S905/905x streaming box. The QBox has become pricey, and I'm not sure, with LibreELEC installed that it has any advantage over any other 2/16 memory box.

Is there a well supported (community firmware, etc.) S905 or S905x box with 2/16 memory that would be a good substitute/alternative?

He'll use a wired connection, so a crappy wifi signal isn't a deal breaker. I can find the cheapest supplier, I'm just looking for some model names.

Thanks.

Andrew

Originally posted by AndyInNYC View Post
    So, I have a QBox (2/16 memory with an S905 chip) which I love. A friend has borrowed it and has decided to buy a S905/905x streaming box. The QBox has become pricey, and I'm not sure, with LibreELEC installed that it has any advantage over any other 2/16 memory box.

Is there a well supported (community firmware, etc.) S905 or S905x box with 2/16 memory that would be a good substitute/alternative?

He'll use a wired connection, so a crappy wifi signal isn't a deal breaker. I can find the cheapest supplier, I'm just looking for some model names.

Thanks.

Andrew

If he doesn't care for crappy wi-fi the Mini M8S II is a cheap 905x box with 2/16 memory and quite a lot of custom roms to choose from. Take notice, though that the Ethernet port on this box is only 10 / 100 Mbps and not Gigabit like yours.

You may find various different custom roms for this box, here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-roms-tools-bx

And here is a link with various suggestions / fixes / solutions, etc: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-10-100-lan-bt

There is also a Russian forum (easier to read by using Google Chrome's "Translate page" feature) with literally everything related to this box (bugs, fixes, stock firmwares, custom roms, advices, etc):

Now, I don't know if it's the best 905x box out there, but it certainly has quite a lot of support from devs, etc.

Comment

Is there a 905 (not X) you'd suggest over the M8S II?

Andrew

Comment

Actually more support for the 905x then the 905 section to be honest better buy.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Please try the nexbox a5 2g/16g . You need to upgrade the mod to a custom rom to get navigation/notification bars, but adding nova launcher, you will have a tablet experience and it runs kodi 17 perfectly. I have had this for many months now and I have had no trouble with this rom. I also get 43 mbps download speed on my wireless 5g

Comment

Working...
          X