T95X 1GB/8GB Clone Red Light after failed flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95X 1GB/8GB Clone Red Light after failed flash

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I recently purchased a T95x clone(1GB/8GB), and after reading this, followed the directions to flash the firmware. Unfortunately it failed, resulting in a non booting box with a red LED. I've read through Quite a few threads on these boards with no results. I've tried the burn card maker tool (no results), the usb burning tool (device isn't detected), and I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help me out? I'm assuming I need to short the pins on the nand to reset it, but I don't know which pins to short. I've attached pics of the board here and here. Thanks!

OK, so I was able to find the proper pins to short (Pins 7&8 from the upper left), but now whenever I use the usb burning tool to try and install a firmware, it errors out at 2% with the error "Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error". From (lots of) reading, it sounds like it may be due to trying to use the wrong firmware image. I've tried every image I can find, with the same results. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Comment

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an idea?

Comment

You are using the wrong firmware, i have the same issue. I cant find any firmware for my device anywhere.

Comment

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/firmw...5x-tv-box.html try and download this firmware the first link is for the mega download. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by dj10264 View Post
            http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/firmw...5x-tv-box.html try and download this firmware the first link is for the mega download. goodluck
            Same result as above: [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Comment

Same here. I tried a custom rom and it failed. The box only has a red light and will not respond. I can connect and register to the usb burn tool but it will not flash.

Comment

I have the same box . As you say only gets to 2% , the firmware for Y7 box will go to 100% but will not finalize starts again and again . It seems the DDR4 is the key to the correct firmware , as all DDR3 firmwares stop at 2%. My supplier will not answer about a firmware for this box . I hope some one can find the correct firmware.

Comment

Are you guys using just the usb cable for power? Try using the wall adapter also after it's been detected by USB Burning Tool.
                  This worked for me, although on a Mini M8S II.

I had the same romcode error and a different one also.

Comment

Cant speak for the others , but tried all the different ways + power cable etc , we just do not have the correct firmware , i have done a lot of this and i can reassure that we all have a clone .
                    The Box looks like the normal T95X but the board tells us its a T95N S905X DDR4 20161222 V1 4 WI FI Chip CSI S9082C 11634 .
                    Now the DDR4 is the big difference , this is why at 2% we get =
                    [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Comment

did you try to flash the firmware. by USB_Burning_Tool, first upload the firmware. then push start , after that plug your device in PC with recovery option. this method will flash any firmware to you with out error.

Comment

Yes tried all the ways known , please read my explanation as to why we cannot load the firmware's we have tried .

Comment

I have the same box with a lot of freeze with original firmware.
                          Try this one.
                          https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https%3A...oZy&e=54968925
                          But it is russian.
                          Need to change language.
                          Need also to remove some software (There is a soft for remove system software).
                          Try also method to load image in amlogic burning tool, press start and after connect your box

Comment

Its the wrong firmware, DDR error is usually incompatible ram with the firmware.

its a clone box, good chance some parts (ram) are different to the original non clone model. DDR3 or DDR4 and/or 1gb or 2gb ram etc.
                            ive seen boxes with hacked/faked ram, shows as 2gb when its only 1gb.

youll need to start diggng the web for another firmware. you can flash many s905x firmwares and you wont brake the box, either fail to flash or wifi, bluetooth, remote etc doesnt work, in which case, try another firmware.

personally i find USB Burning tool much more reliable. if it fails before the DDR part of flashing then i say its the usb cable/connection to the pc thats at fault.

if your using purely usb power when flashing (via USB burning tool) make sure you dont have many other devices plugged into your pc USB slots.
                            My pc would fail to flash because i had 3 external HDDs which am guessing restricted how much power was provided to my Android box.

Comment

manu _ manu4 Yes i had tried the Yundoo Y6 same result fail at 2% , as i said the Yundoo Y7 ( which is DDR4 and 1 GB ram ) will go to 100% ( takes 10 minutes )but will not finalize ( go green success ) also the Y7 put on BurnCard will do the same on TV screen ( but in both cases just goes back and starts again and again, and yes i took out the SD card when i thought it was rebooting ) as far as trying S905X firmware's i must have tried at least 16 different ones , some went to 8% and failed.
                              Pretty obvious we need the correct firmware .
                              Been through this several times before with a few other Amlogic boxes , in all cases eventually found the right one ( with help from this forum )

Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

Working...
                              X