Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOV Z69 2GB RAM 16GB ROM rooted firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary of attempted installations

My device
    Z69 TV Box - US PLUG 2GB+16GB 207325704
    Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 + 4K + Android 6.0 OS

Gatos 814 ROM has been the most stable one I've used in the last 2 years
    https://mega.nz/#!WVEmiDaZ!IP33_IxCt...UC3m-gUoRwTuwA

Gatos posted about a new firmware above (https://www.gearbest.com/blog/downlo...lash-tool-2187) and I installed on the box successfully using USB Tools, but the firmware never got past the MBOX cube letters spinning logo.

atvXperience seemed like a promising firmware and so I tried them all
    S905X_atvXperience_2FF 1G+2G, atvXperience_s905x_v2E , etc
    They failed to transfer via USB Tools and when it finally wen through it bricked the box. So I went back to Gatos

But all is not lost for those who want atvXperience on z69. I found this thread where they have made it boot up with bluetooth broken, wfi buggy and IR remote broken. But if your willing to help the moderator seems to be up for testing.

Does anyone know of a good remote app for the box?
    Best Youtube app? I find the smart youttube app 4k crashes.
    Last edited by Icy9; 01-08-2019, 00:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy9 View Post
      Summary of attempted installations

My device
      Z69 TV Box - US PLUG 2GB+16GB 207325704
      Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 + 4K + Android 6.0 OS

Gatos 814 ROM has been the most stable one I've used in the last 2 years
      https://mega.nz/#!WVEmiDaZ!IP33_IxCt...UC3m-gUoRwTuwA

Gatos posted about a new firmware above (https://www.gearbest.com/blog/downlo...lash-tool-2187) and I installed on the box successfully using USB Tools, but the firmware never got past the MBOX cube letters spinning logo.

atvXperience seemed like a promising firmware and so I tried them all
      S905X_atvXperience_2FF 1G+2G, atvXperience_s905x_v2E , etc
      They failed to transfer via USB Tools and when it finally wen through it bricked the box. So I went back to Gatos

But all is not lost for those who want atvXperience on z69. I found this thread where they have made it boot up with bluetooth broken, wfi buggy and IR remote broken. But if your willing to help the moderator seems to be up for testing.

Does anyone know of a good remote app for the box?
      Best Youtube app? I find the smart youttube app 4k crashes.
      Try this one :
      NewPipe, YouTube, Android, player, background, privacy, PeerTube, Bandcamp, Soundcloud

Comment

HELLO EVERYONEVERYON
        THANKS A LOT to Gatos814 for helping me get my Z69 2G/ 16G Android 7.1.2 back up and running all be it I have no remote, Music settings, a bug maybe no Blue Tooth, still to check but am using a wireless mouse. Got Netflix with lil help from Chrome Netflix Log in and with little differences from my previous 7.1.2 now with Android 6. Have something to watch and pass the time.
        My box crashed trying to burn RED POISON custom rom. But the blue light was good all along but won't boot up in Red Poison after burning. Just kept saying Upgrading for 2 days. I was putting on other Z69 roms and none worked except Gatos814. SO THANK YOU!

I FOUND FUN IN SEARCHINGS FOR THE WORKING ROMS, though stressful and disappointing at times. Do you make yet or know of any CUSTOM ROMS working on the Android 7.1.2 or higher for this 2017 box? has anyone had any luck with RED POISON ATV rom working on this Z69-M? as this is now about 4 years of the Z69.. Is it possible?

Love it guys! Hope to Hear about working Custom roms and getting TWRP on the Gatos814 Z68-M box running Android 6.0.

WAITING PATIENTLY FOR THE posted LINKS for TWRP VERSION 2.?.? that works with this box Android 6.0 Gatos 814 that is rooted.

THANKS!!. post SOON Guys....Bye for Now..

Comment

Corrections *. HELLO EVERYONE and *Z69-M

Comment

I have z69 3g model with rtl8723 WiFi and Bluetooth . I had success in making my own rom using the magicsee n5 firmware and replacing bootloader files from stock z69 WiFi and Bluetooth work. Also had success with getting Oreo working but no WiFi using similar method on atvxperience Oreo rom.

Comment

===S905X LPDDR3 Devices=== Android 9 ATV available for these boxes, link below i can confirm also installed on z69 3gb rtl model but ram shows as 2gb
              X96 2G (black PCB = v88-v1.0 2017-05-23)
              Z69 2G (black PCB = XJH_MX173_V00 201-03-03)

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
                Hey I have installed your old Rom for z69 android box..it has android 6.0 version....the problem I am facing is...whenever I play videos on OTT apps..it gives green screen and main video hangs and goes to the corner....youtube is working fine...but other video apps are not working...could you please help me to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarfree View Post

Hey I have installed your old Rom for z69 android box..it has android 6.0 version....the problem I am facing is...whenever I play videos on OTT apps..it gives green screen and main video hangs and goes to the corner....youtube is working fine...but other video apps are not working...could you please help me to solve the problem.
                  Sorry but i don't have this tv box any more so i can't check what you asking me!
                  Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X