Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brick it no fun in running stock find out how to unbrick it before mine comes please
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Currently running Magendanz's Nexus ATV rom for the Beelink Mini Mx 3 II...the nicest for this particular box at this time. No wifi or stock remote, but a fast, stable ATV rom all the same. I've written Videostrong suggesting they release their firmware in IMG format (fat hope, I know) and hinting that this would go some way to overcoming the false ad campaign around their box because people will at least feel able to experiment with other roms... Actually if Magendanz added a wifi driver for the M8 Pro Plus, I'd be happy to stay put with it. I suspect the remote is hard coded into the bootloader or kernel since it has power management built in..but wiser heads may know better.

If anyone else starts to tinker with USB Burning tool, note that with some IMGs. you may get an error after it erases the current bootloader. Don't panic. Leave the Tool running with the firmware you want still loaded. Unplug and replug the usb cable pressing the reset button briefly. When you reconnect, the Tool will then continue to burn the rest of the rom successfully...

PS: added build.prop from Superceleron's ATV rom for the Vim, which spoofs the Mibox. DRM Widevine remains at Level 3 but an unexpected bonus is that the Vim IR remote now works out-of-the-box...AND YouTube now plays at 2160p on my 2k monitor, so it will do 4k on the right screen. All we need is to add the relevant wifi driver..what chip does this damn thing use?
      Last edited by Zahir; 07-12-2017, 16:49.

Comment

I ordered this Bluetooth Mi remote and it works great out of the box, for any of my Android boxes. Been using it for a couple of days now, much nicer basic remote.
        This remote does NOT have the builtin MIC, which is a shame.
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...608.0.0.Rx8xKB
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks for the link, I do have the Xiaomi remote which came with my MiBox but since I don't have wifi or BT working yet on Magendanz's ATV rom, the Vim IR remote was a nice break for me.
          Last edited by Zahir; 07-12-2017, 18:03.

Comment

BINGO! Have solved wifi and YouTube 2k/4k while activating the Khadas Vim IR remote in lieu of the factory one. Now to put it all together on a solid ATV base. Either TX5 Pro or the XannyTech mod might do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              BINGO! Have solved wifi and YouTube 2k/4k while activating the Khadas Vim IR remote in lieu of the factory one. Now to put it all together on a solid ATV base. Either TX5 Pro or the XannyTech mod might do it.
              That is good news, mine shipped yesterday.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

So, a smooth ATV rom with root and TWRP that does YouTube in 2k/4k with working wifi and (non-factory) IR remote. SPMC etc etc play gorgeously.. Sufficient unto the day, especially when you consider the crap firmware I started with. Widevine Level 1? To what end at this point?
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Well lets have look then, do an upload
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

TWRP backup anyone?

I doubt many will take the jump away from the factory rom that I did. But if any do and want to know how I reached this point, I'll be pleased to explain. (Actually, you can pretty much see what I did from my posts).
                    Last edited by Zahir; 07-13-2017, 00:51.

Comment

What's needed to bring stock remote functionality to this atv rom mod? Not everyone has remotes for other devices. Rather fast fix for this product. Thanks..

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Damac10, if you're running the stock firmware, look in /system/etc for remote.conf. See if you can copy/paste it and upload it to me. I'll look into the factory codes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                          Damac10, if you're running the stock firmware, look in /system/etc for remote.conf. See if you can copy/paste it and upload it to me. I'll look into the factory codes.
                          Hi please pm email.  Will forward copy of original remote.conf

Comment

Zahir Email sent. Hope file is good. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                              Zahir Email sent. Hope file is good. Thanks

Thank you, I received it fine. As I suspected, this remote, which closely resembles the Zidoo box remote, also operates like it: i.e. the remote.conf file is called from the kernel/bootloader and depends on that link. On its own, the file doesn't cause the box to recognize key codes from this remote. I tried several things, but with the same non-result. Appreciate your efforts, all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir

Thank you, I received it fine. As I suspected, this remote, which closely resembles the Zidoo box remote, also operates like it: i.e. the remote.conf file is called from the kernel/bootloader and depends on that link. On its own, the file doesn't cause the box to recognize key codes from this remote. I tried several things, but with the same non-result. Appreciate your efforts, all the same.
                                Thanks.. Will sacrifice stock remote for a working device. Stock rom is horrible and sluggish. Will you he posting link to your tweaked rom. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X