Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in from Geekbuying. I had written to them underlining the ad fraud, and seeking their support to get VideoStrong to release an IMG version of the stock rom, (though I can't say I'm missing it all...)

Dear friend,

Thanks for your inquiry
    Yes, we got fooled by our supplier and we found it out the time we got the sample.
    We will update firmware at blog.geekbuying.com

Enjoy your shopping

Comment

Regarding my tweaked version of Magendanz's excellent and readily available ATV rom, my changes have been made on the fly to a running rom, and then frozen via a TWRP backup.

I can help anyone who has really thought through the decision to leave the stock rom behind to achieve the same results. My changes to the original are not many. The time went into testing several alternatives before selecting Magendanz, into tracking down the (still rare) wifi drivers and into tweaking build.prop slightly. I can supply the latter two. I also used a system app remover to remove the system version of the ATV YouTube app that comes with this rom, so that I could install both the non-ATV and ATV versions from the Play Store.

The hardest part for some may be taking that deep breath before jumping off the White Wine Level, knowing that you're probably not going back there again unless we ever get that IMG file from VideoStrong. One also needs not to panic when USB Burning reports an error after erasing the bootloader, but rather to do as I recommended earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
        Regarding my tweaked version of Magendanz's excellent and readily available ATV rom, my changes have been made on the fly to a running rom, and then frozen via a TWRP backup.

I can help anyone who has really thought through the decision to leave the stock rom behind to achieve the same results. My changes to the original are not many. The time went into testing several alternatives before selecting Magendanz, into tracking down the (still rare) wifi drivers and into tweaking build.prop slightly. I can supply the latter two. I also used a system app remover to remove the system version of the ATV YouTube app that comes with this rom, so that I could install both the non-ATV and ATV versions from the Play Store.

The hardest part for some may be taking that deep breath before jumping off the White Wine Level, knowing that you're probably not going back there again unless we ever get that IMG file from VideoStrong. One also needs not to panic when USB Burning reports an error after erasing the bootloader, but rather to do as I recommended earlier.
        Please provide wifi drivers and build.prop so we can fidde. Thanks

Comment

Here we go then..

Build.prop

https://mega.nz/#!pdxAwaJa!lhyXi-2YG...9Ak1pgHJDMaxEw

MeCool WiFi Drivers

https://mega.nz/#!ZMhVxTpb!w_cclwRTt...XzeKb_4idATbzA

To install the wifi drivers, use this order and these locations:

/system/lib/9082xs.ko
          /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so

/System / bin / wpa_supplicant
          /System / bin / netd

If, after pasting over the first two files, the box spontaneously reboots, don't worry: when it comes back, you'll have wifi and may not need the last two files at all.

Good luck, but be sure before you take the plunge...I can honestly say I've no regrets. Before, I had a stubborn, slow and locked down rom with none of the capabilities I value. I now have a nippy ATV rom, with root, UHD YouTube (non-ATV), good wifi and even better LAN. TWRP as a bonus too. Any half-decent Amlogic remote that uses the standard NEC protocols will work. A usb air mouse, however, is an indispensable tool for apps that require mousing.

And oh yes, get your Netflix apk (standard) from the web; the ATV version from the Play Store won't work.

Last edited by Zahir; 07-13-2017, 19:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir
            Here we go then..

Build.prop

https://mega.nz/#!pdxAwaJa!lhyXi-2YG...9Ak1pgHJDMaxEw

MeCool WiFi Drivers

https://mega.nz/#!ZMhVxTpb!w_cclwRTt...XzeKb_4idATbzA

To install the wifi drivers, use this order and these locations:

/system/lib/9082xs.ko
            /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so

/System / bin / wpa_supplicant
            /System / bin / netd

If, after pasting over the first two files, the box spontaneously reboots, don't worry: when it comes back, you'll have wifi and may not need the last two files at all.

Good luck, but be sure before you take the plunge...I can honestly say I've no regrets. Before, I had a stubborn, slow and locked down rom with none of the capabilities I value. I now have a nippy ATV rom, with root, UHD YouTube (non-ATV), good wifi and even better LAN. TWRP as a bonus too. Any half-decent Amlogic remote that uses the standard NEC protocols will work. A usb air mouse, however, is an indispensable tool for apps that require mousing.

And oh yes, get your Netflix apk (standard) from the web; the ATV version from the Play Store won't work.
            Thanks friend...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there non rooted version of atv roms as my local satellite provider app does not work with rooted devices

Comment

You could try SuperCeleron's ATV rom for the mini M8S II: as I recall, root on his roms is optional. You have to choose root from his custom tab under settings, so just leave it off. If you use this rom, you should stick to his build.prop, not my tweaked one and you may or may not have the use of the standard Amlogic remote.

If the remote proves an issue, I can edit his build.prop and hopefully get that going.

Comment

Well i have on this one coming... but still some time until i get it here!

Comment

That's great news! I'll be watching out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron
                      Well i have on this one coming... but still some time until i get it here!
                      Thats great news. Please save this sad device. Please leave option to root or not. Good luck

Comment

Thought I should pen a quick update after soak-testing my made-over Mecool (MeMag?) 24/7. The Magendanz rom seems altogether capable. I've experienced no nasties or crashes, Power management (standby/ON) works fine with the remote power button. I left the box spinning through YouTube 4k videos last night and it was still displaying them and related videos smoothly this morning. It doesn't get hot at all and video clarity is really good. The rom flips through apps and screens competently, both Play Store and Aptoide deliver and install apps painlessly, I can use Comcast's Stream TV to access my cable package, including all subscribed premium channels, the Puffin TV browser and Haystack TV get me quick news flashes OK etc etc.

This is no longer a sad box! And when the custom roms start to roll, White Wine will be a thing of the past and no-one will miss it..

Comment

well on this one, i will be focus on A7!

Comment

Hello,
                            Is it possible to install TVStock (Android TV) on the MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Medosofts View Post
                              Hello,
                              Is it possible to install TVStock (Android TV) on the MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X? Thank you for your help.
                              For now i think you can install some custom A6 roms, but you will lose the L1 DRM.
                              Read this thread from the beginning i think some guys used my ATV rom and Magendanz ATV rom on it!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

For now i think you can install some custom A6 roms, but you will lose the L1 DRM.
                                Read this thread from the beginning i think some guys used my ATV rom and Magendanz ATV rom on it!
                                Thank you for your help, I will try to re-read the post from the beginning, but I have a question about L1 DRM, what is the disadvantage of losing this L1 DRM . Thank you ag
                                ain for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X