Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want Amcodec, the video driver aimed at Amlogic, stick with SPMC or Jarvis.

Comment

I have Libreelec (v8) all my other boxes (S805's, Rpi's) as they need to be on the same Kodi version inorder to work with my NAS mySQL database, the pre-installed v17.1 fits in with that, but wondered if its a special version. I suppose if it has references in settings to amcodec still, then it could be their own forked version?

I dont really understand what makes this a bad stock ROM, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for stable custom ROM progress.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherFreak
        I have Libreelec (v8) all my other boxes (S805's, Rpi's) as they need to be on the same Kodi version inorder to work with my NAS mySQL database, the pre-installed v17.1 fits in with that, but wondered if its a special version. I suppose if it has references in settings to amcodec still, then it could be their own forked version?

I dont really understand what makes this a bad stock ROM, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for stable custom ROM progress.
        Its sluggishness and jittery compared to other s905x roms. Airmouse is unresponsive.. Its 7.1.1 not 7.1.2. Kodi has problem sizing video suggesting permissions errors.. Its not Android Tv Os

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got this box yesterday, I put libreelec on a sd card and booted libreelec, but wifi is not working in libreelec,
          I wonder what can be done to get it to work

Comment

Originally posted by spymare View Post
            I just got this box yesterday, I put libreelec on a sd card and booted libreelec, but wifi is not working in libreelec,
            Do you download the correct dtb file ?

Comment

Originally posted by spymare View Post
              How did you boot to LibreELEC. Can't seem to do this myself. Which method did you use?

Comment

Hmmmm I just got it... Doesnt seem all doom and gloom as postings suggest... .works pretty good out of the box. Stock firmware always less then perfect i know few that ship with good running firmware.

Now to see how many different firmwares it will take before its bricked lol.... Ps. Already tested one or two the device hardware is little better then boxes selling for more so if you got for the 31 dollars you got a grear deal.... Time to dive into this device...
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  Hmmmm I just got it... Doesnt seem all doom and gloom as postings suggest... .works pretty good out of the box. Stock firmware always less then perfect i know few that ship with good running firmware.

Now to see how many different firmwares it will take before its bricked lol.... Ps. Already tested one or two the device hardware is little better then boxes selling for more so if you got for the 31 dollars you got a grear deal.... Time to dive into this device...
                  Dang, I ordered mine on July, 2 and it still has not shipped........... lol I remember one time, I got my box a couple of weeks before you........
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

in my opinion the stock firmware is really bad. it rebooted itself a few times, and it has permission errors as well, it won't save your settings,
                    so if you plug out the power cable, the default language will be chinese. another thing is that they bought the bootscreen from videohive (you can hear the voice when it boots, "border jungle" I think it says).
                    that's very unprofessional if you ask me, but hey, the price is very low, so a custom rom could probably cheer it up, but my plan is to run libreelec on this bad boy, and use it as my default device.

I erased my sdcard using "sd card formatter" then I downloaded libreelec for s905x devices and used win32discimager to put the image there,
                    and then I downloaded the IMG ( the one ending with "nano" ), but yeah, wifi is not working..

http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/ I took:
                    gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb (edit: tried them all, wifi is not working in any of them)

and here's the thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...or-s905-s905x/
                    Last edited by Macen; 07-23-2017, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post
                      in my opinion the stock firmware is really bad. it rebooted itself a few times, and it has permission errors as well, it won't save your settings,
                      so if you plug out the power cable, the default language will be chinese. another thing is that they bought the bootscreen from videohive (you can hear the voice when it boots, "border jungle" I think it says).
                      that's very unprofessional if you ask me, but hey, the price is very low, so a custom rom could probably cheer it up, but my plan is to run libreelec on this bad boy, and use it as my default device.

I erased my sdcard using "sd card formatter" then I downloaded libreelec for s905x devices and used win32discimager to put the image there,
                      and then I downloaded the IMG ( the one ending with "nano" ), but yeah, wifi is not working..

http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/ I took:
                      gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

and here's the thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...or-s905-s905x/
                      Not sure what device you got but mine works fine and is in English by default.

Which method did you use to boot from SD-Card. I tried them all, and if I try to boot normally with the SD Card in it freezes

Comment

Originally posted by ElGato View Post

Which method did you use to boot from SD-Card. I tried them all, and if I try to boot normally with the SD Card in it freezes
                        Use sd card formatter, and then use win32diskimager, after that, insert the sd card.
                        Now download terminal emulator from the play store and type: reboot update.
                        It will now boot from the sd card.

But it doesen't help much, as I only have wifi in my living room, no ethernet.. if anyone gets wifi working in libreelec, it would be very appreciated

Comment

OK, so I followed exactly what you did and it booted from SD Card into LibreELEC. Previously I had used LibreELEC USB creator and gxl_p212_2g.dtb. Thanks for your help.

Comment

OK, so I followed exactly what you did and it booted from SD Card into LibreELEC. Previously I had used LibreELEC USB creator and gxl_p212_2g.dtb. Thanks for your help.
                            no problem, yeah I tried the usb creator as well to begin with, that did not work.
                            Let me know if you get wifi to work .

Do you know how to find out what wifi chip it uses?

one thing i like about this box is the remote, it actually works great, it's very responsive, and all buttons works

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post

no problem, yeah I tried the usb creator as well to begin with, that did not work.
                              Let me know if you get wifi to work .

Do you know how to find out what wifi chip it uses?

one thing i like about this box is the remote, it actually works great, it's very responsive, and all buttons works
                              I like the remote, unfortunately not working for me in LibreELEC. WiFi is SCI 9082C, relatively unknown apparently.

Comment

I like the remote, unfortunately not working for me in LibreELEC. WiFi is SCI 9082C, relatively unknown apparently.
                                https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/49...box-q1-master/

that sucks I bought this device for librelec. superceleron will make a rom for it, then it will at least get better than it is now.

you have to remap all keys to get the remote to work in libreelec.

Comment

Working...
                                X