Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
    you speak about micro sd but i flashed it with USB_Burning_Tool
    You can use either Amlogic Burning Tool or Card Maker NEITHER ways will work because the fact is the boot loaders from Android 6 onwards are encrypted by their box manufacturers with stock firmware. They will not release this keys to their competitors to protect their own works.

Only ROMs which are SIGNED with the correct keys known only by the manufacturer will be able to update/flash write the contents to your box. For the cases of custom ROMs that you find around this site, you'll know that the developer will tell you which box's original stock firmware he use to work on. If he says it's he's from Mecool, Tanix, Beelink, Ugoos or whatever brand, the customized ROM inherits the same decryption SIGNED keys that the original stock ROM which was used for to make his project. You have to start from somewhere, not out of nowhere.

In the case of open source projects, the roms used by the manufacturer on their boxes are encrypted by PUBLIC released keys meaning any developer can acquire them publicly to SIGN their own customized ROMs.

These China TV boxes aren't open source, every brand and manufacturer need to protect their own development works and interests. They won't entertain rogue developers because who knows if some of these rogue developer is a spy for another company and steal their source codes after using their keys to decrypt their stock ROM contents?

TANIX is not stupid to spend money and develop a dual boot Android OS/LibreELEC ROM only to be stolen by another unbranded competitor and helping your rival to boost sales?

Comment

I downloaded it from tanix site with the mega link send by mail
      The Tanix's TX3 ROM is signed with their own manufacturer's key, how did your X96 Mini encrypted bootloader got decrypted by another manufacturer's key during the flashing process? Your case is a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by xanadu89897 View Post

Your case is a miracle.
        Good to know.
        If you visit Paris, i can show you my box.

Comment

some others miracles

Discontinued Hello, this thread is for our Android TV Box (AMLOGIC S905w, X96mini, Tanix TX3mini). Here I would like to collect all related firmwares, recoveries, updates, information etc. and discuss with you. I spent a couple of days working...

Comment

Pagina de Facebook para Venta de SmartBoxhttps://goo.gl/8MUWeChttps://www.facebook.com/VentasCasique2018My PayPal: PayPal.Me/IvanCasiqueArchivos: Contraseña:...

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

I'm not lying and you know everything about amlogic firmwares

LOL
            Last edited by manu_manu4; 01-15-2018, 07:16.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fvg_o41Lw0

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

I'm not lying and you know everything about amlogic firmwares

LOL
              What are you trying to prove with those links?

In the 1st one, it's clearly shown that the image used was a original stock firmware for the X96 Mini. This is what I meant when I said that you can only use an (.img) signed by the manufacturer themselves to flash the targetted box. The aml_upgrade_package.img is an official X96 Mini image which is SIGNED so of course it'll flashed properly.Try using the Tanix image instead and you'll break your box almost immediately after flashing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2i1efwn.png
Views:	2210
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	701817

In the 2nd link the Viet user is showing off a ATV version of a ROM but look carefull and you'll see the board he's using is NOT a X96 Mini. The X96 Mini does not have blue colored LED on the right hand side on the front panel. Logic will immediately tell you that's not a X96 Mini.

Click image for larger version

Name:	21nh6hw.png
Views:	2159
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	701818Click image for larger version

Name:	205rxxc.png
Views:	2154
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	701819

That is also not a X96 Mini controller shown in the video, it is from some other higher end box with an ATV(Android TV) rom.

So your point is???

Comment

this is a remote with an usb dongle and i see your also racist.

I have apple tv, xiaomi box, mecool and a lot of others.

Your joint date is December 2017 and you know everything about amlogic ?????

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Enough of this tit for tat stuff...
                  get along or move.....

this is a remote with an usb dongle and i see your also racist.

I have apple tv, xiaomi box, mecool and a lot of others.

Your joint date is December 2017 and you know everything about amlogic ?????
                Calm yourself, don't be hot headed and quick to start your offensive.

What has shit-hole got to do with race, when it's referring to places?

I'm trying to warn people here not to brick their device, but you insists on doing otherwise.

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Enough of this tit for tat stuff...
                  get along or move.....

• scooter2014
                  scooter2014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found that post offensive it's been deleted. Best to not go down that path again please.

Originally posted by gamzone View Post

I just want to say "thank you TOLB ! You save my life :-) ".

In fact, I tried to install Supersu on my "x96 mini box" (from Playstore) and then... i had an issue with a boot loop.

--------------------

How to fix this ? (and reinstall firmware ?) :

1° Restart your "x96 mini box".

2° Immediatly when it boots, you need to take something (for example a thumbtack) to use the reset button of your X96 box tv. For information, the button is hide inside the "AV" hole (look the photo i upload to understand)

3° When it succeeds, you will be in "Recovery Mode".

4° Go here https://yadi.sk/d/AaNjRSHi3NrjQ5. Then, choose "Sdcard" and Download "p281-ota-root.zip".

5° Copy "p281-ota-root.zip" on your micro sd card.

6° Insert your micro sd card in your "X96 mini box tv".

7° In the "Recovery Mode" (cf. 3°), choose "Apply Update from external storage".

8° Search "p281-ota-root.zip" on your sd card and install it.

9° It will reboot....and then.... perfect, it's works !!!!!
                ------------

PS: I hope my explications could help some people

PS2: If you see errors in my english, say it ! (like that, i could improve it)
                Can help me? same problem here, but the data is not avaialbe any more to donwload.
                thanks

Comment

I was looking for a cheap android box, purchased X96 Mini 2GB / 16G variant.
                  However, its UI is so bad and is not supporting most of the Android APP I need. Amazon Prime can't be installed "saying app is not compatible with your device". Is there way we can install stock Android kind of thing on this Device.. it is just missing so many things.
                  I have another 2GB RK3228 device, its so much better than this one.

I also find it slow.

I think I made a mistake by going for S905W device.. Any advice ?

Comment

Hello,

Similarly to the post #145 I would need a stock Android on this device.
                    My aim is to get Live Wallpaper working but its support is not embedded in the official ROM.
                    Do you have any idea to make it work? (Just installing/copying a LiveWallpaperPicker seems not working...)
                    Actually I don't know what is needed for Live Wallpapers to work.

I understand the official ROM issues could think Live Wallpaper may cause performance issues, but I have a special project where I would use ONLY that feature besides the basic UI.

Alternatively if someone is experienced with other cheap Android box that has capability of supporting Live Wallpaper - at similar price of X96 Mini...

Thanks for the hints in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by RmatriX1218 View Post

I don't have much technical knowledge for ROM and firmware.@

However, flashed ROMs on mobile through TWRP and flashed ROM on android stick through flashing tool many times based on instructions provided.@

Quite appreciate your explanation.@

I am not fan of X96 mini stock ROM. And default root access is biggest worry for me as device can be easily attacked by virus, malware, adwares silently.@

Hence, looking for custom modified ROM for X96 mini. However, couldn't find any custom rom build for X96 mini.@

Not knowledgeable enough to experiment directly with other device ROMs.@

Can you advise some ROMs from other devices, may be compatible with our X96 mini with some guide?
                      If root is all you're worried about, the december 2017 update for the X96 comes with an option in the slide out settings menu to disable root access. You can find the image file in the thread. Let me know if you can't find it and i'll upload it to google drive and shoot you a link.

Comment

Originally posted by filfafe View Post

Can help me? same problem here, but the data is not avaialbe any more to donwload.
                        thanks
                        If your aim is to just have the ability to control root access with SuperSU, just flash the firmware then install SuperSU from the play store and it will take over all root requests. DO NOT UPDATE SU BINARY!! It cause a boot loop. You have to just deal with the annoying prompt every time. Or you can boot into TWRP and flash Magisk 15. That's been the best experience for me.

Comment

Is there any custom ROM available for this device which is not a stripped down version ?

Comment

Hello any Android TV rom working with this device? best

Comment

Working...
                            X