Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Unfortunately this device is 720p and not 1080p as advertised there are some custom roms that can make it to output 1080p but no more than that, check this forum
    Yesterday I connected my x96mini stock (with Magisk) to my new TV UHD and It turned to an higher res, don't remember if 2160p at 30hz or something like this. When I changed resolution to 1080p it changes for true, I could see the pointer of mouse more or less big and image at 1080 didn't fit perfectly in TV screen.

Also in Coreelec, that I installed on an sd in dual boot, make me choose from a lot of resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by marcolan View Post

Yesterday I connected my x96mini stock (with Magisk) to my new TV UHD and It turned to an higher res, don't remember if 2160p at 30hz or something like this. When I changed resolution to 1080p it changes for true, I could see the pointer of mouse more or less big and image at 1080 didn't fit perfectly in TV screen.

Also in Coreelec, that I installed on an sd in dual boot, make me choose from a lot of resolutions.
      Like I Sayed mate the duvice res is 720p you can achieve other resolutions by software this means higher or lower resolutions are similar to magnification its not on the GPU it's achieved by software... Best regards...

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Like I Sayed mate the duvice res is 720p you can achieve other resolutions by software this means higher or lower resolutions are similar to magnification its not on the GPU it's achieved by software... Best regards...
        Ok, thanks

Strange thing is that if I don't connect the av cable to the tv I can't see images via HDMI. I also suspect that w/out AV cable the box don't boot. This only when I connect to the uhd tv, with a fhd monitor I see without issues.

Comment

Originally posted by marcolan View Post

Ok, thanks

Strange thing is that if I don't connect the av cable to the tv I can't see images via HDMI. I also suspect that w/out AV cable the box don't boot. This only when I connect to the uhd tv, with a fhd monitor I see without issues.
          Like @Nayam say do your settings manualy, about booting without av, maybe you just dont get a picture becouse you got the thing auto stetting it, the bootloader detects the screen type you are connected to and if you have it auto it selects whatever it detects, some how it is not detecting yours properly, another thing is dont change display wile the box is on, like changing from tv to hdmonitor or from av to hdmi becouse if you do that you are messing about with the abilaty of the box diplaying the proper signal you need, ending on you seeing no picture and the box being booted and connected, and it mess HDR and CEC features

Comment

Thank yoo for the answers.
            I resolved by changing HDMI cable, I used that in bundle with the box but it looks to be too cheap for my case.

Comment

Just registering in order to thanks all of you, this discussion help me to unbrick my x96mini box
              Doing a male-male USB cable, installing USB burner, starts on White usb port with reset button pushed, burn stock firmware, here we go !
              Thanks a lot guys for your software links, explanation (and your problems )

Comment

plz zip file

Comment

Can anyone help? I've read through this entire forum, and though nearly all of it appears as complete gibberish to me, I don't think the answer to my question is in there. I have two of these boxes. I wish to change the launcher to something I can customize with practical and useful categories tailored for the novice user, ie: Movies and TV, Live TV Streaming, Kids Korner, Sports, Music etc. But every launcher I find that fits the bill, will not work on this system. Is there a simple work around for this? And by simple, I mean, I know next to nothing about electronics or programming, I set up two T95Z+ for my adult children, and they run and look FABULOUS with HALauncher and custom colors and backgrounds. I was going to do the same for my parents. I got these x96 minis at a really good price but now that I'm loading them up I just can't fathom my parents being comfortable with the interface choices these boxes are limited to, Either half the screen is taken up by playstore (which they will NEVER use) and everything they would use is dumped into a generic category that would be daunting to open up and sift through all the various choices... OR like nova launcher and most of the others, they are presented with absolutely EVERYTHING they might want to use on the main screen. Again a bit daunting for folks who don't even use a smart phone. Please, is there an easy way around this?

Comment

Originally posted by moviemonster View Post
                    Can anyone help? I've read through this entire forum, and though nearly all of it appears as complete gibberish to me, I don't think the answer to my question is in there. I have two of these boxes. I wish to change the launcher to something I can customize with practical and useful categories tailored for the novice user, ie: Movies and TV, Live TV Streaming, Kids Korner, Sports, Music etc. But every launcher I find that fits the bill, will not work on this system. Is there a simple work around for this? And by simple, I mean, I know next to nothing about electronics or programming, I set up two T95Z+ for my adult children, and they run and look FABULOUS with HALauncher and custom colors and backgrounds. I was going to do the same for my parents. I got these x96 minis at a really good price but now that I'm loading them up I just can't fathom my parents being comfortable with the interface choices these boxes are limited to, Either half the screen is taken up by playstore (which they will NEVER use) and everything they would use is dumped into a generic category that would be daunting to open up and sift through all the various choices... OR like nova launcher and most of the others, they are presented with absolutely EVERYTHING they might want to use on the main screen. Again a bit daunting for folks who don't even use a smart phone. Please, is there an easy way around this?
                    Well i can recommend this atvxperience rom for the s905w devices that was mainly built for your box, i assume you have the 2 gbs ram version, this rom i say is Genuine android tv with a few tweaks for improvement, it was achive the final stage of development so this fully compatible built is available, check t out i beleive that @Nayam and the boys will Welcome you aboard
                    This is a more user friendly experience, and for your Folks i gess it will be better use and very intuitive, in the end that's what matter
                    There is a s912 version as well but i cant tel you how will preform on your T95Z coz i don't own that device but i tried on the H96Pro and it's snappy

Here the Forum Link http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...nce#post729971

Here the boys website https://www.atvxperience.com/

Check them out

It's a pretty much straight forward installations but if you get trouble let us know, i am sure someone will guide you to success

Comment

Is there any way to install Xposed framework and Magisk on this box ?
                      Last edited by Rana Asim Wajid; 09-26-2018, 08:09.

Comment

Try this : http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...xposed-update/

Comment

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
                          thx....but link isnt opening

Comment

Originally posted by Rana Asim Wajid View Post

thx....but link isnt opening
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Thanks, that's really cool stuff!

Comment

Is it possible to safely install Magisk on the X96 Mini using Magisk Manager software?

Comment

Working...
                                X