Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sappy View Post
    This one said - it has - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.rootchecker - and I first did not check Freaktab for possible problems.., and Box is in the boot logo (bootloop).., so now I am downloading FW on this page - I see that in the package "170828" there is also "aml_upgrade_package.img" so anybody flash this with USB Burning tool - successfully !??

And for overtheating there is also very cheap solutions from from ****...

And I tried "aml_upgrade_package.img" with USB Burning tool - flashed successfully - about 4 minutes...and back to business..., so who have male to male usb cable - this is easier than with sd card...
    Ok, so I tried with that root check as you said, but on mine it says that X96mini is not rooted.
    But, curiously, it says busybox IS installed...
    So, I'm in a little confusion here...
    Does Root access has to be activated somewhere in this box? some option?
    I have a Motorola Photon Q with lineageOS, and for that one, I had to go to the settings to activate root access.
    But I can't find that option in this box, so...

BTW: Tried KingoRoot with this... Root failed 0x18866C

UPDATE :GOT ROOT! Updated the build using the Wireless Updater app of the system, and the newest version of 20171009 has built in root.

Update 2: Got hardware acceleration working on the box! Followed these steps: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/1073

Here is my instruction how to run movies with amcodec on 7.1.2
    1. We put SPMC with amcodec support (for example, SPMC-16.7.1-spmc-4baafdf-armeabi-v7a.apk, download from off site)
    2. Turn on amcodec in the acceleration settings
    3. Need a root. Go to / system / etc / find public.libraries.txt, add to the end libamcodec.so
    4. Reboot and enjoy!

And it's working!
    Last edited by MDashK; 10-28-2017, 12:43.

Comment

As I said mine has root acces and busybox installed, and I try SuperSu - and Bootloop after su.binary update and reboot.., so do not install SuperSu or some other aplication, because you will have to reflash FW like me...(toothpick and Usb burning tool method..)

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
        As I said mine has root acces and busybox installed, and I try SuperSu - and Bootloop after su.binary update and reboot.., so do not install SuperSu or some other aplication, because you will have to reflash FW like me...(toothpick and Usb burning tool method..)
        Yep same here - but I downloaded the FW update and copied to the sdcard - When I installed SuperSU and DID NOT update the binaries on reboot there was blank screens and huge lag delay.
        But instead of a full FW reload I just flashed the update.zip and it removed the supersu and kept all my downloaded apps and settings

Downloading the pta-ota-root.zip file to see if that works report back later Image already added

Comment

My WiFi is very slow - like it's throttled. Laptop & Phone show 30mbs but my box ranges from 0.5 to 4.5mbs.
          I've updated the fw, cleared cache cleared WiFi settings etc etc but still I've got useless download speeds.

Any ideas, dodgy box?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nickzeptepi View Post
            My WiFi is very slow - like it's throttled. Laptop & Phone show 30mbs but my box ranges from 0.5 to 4.5mbs.
            I've updated the fw, cleared cache cleared WiFi settings etc etc but still I've got useless download speeds.

Any ideas, dodgy box?

Place your box in the same place your other devices reach 30mbs and then test the box in the same network.

If the box is in a different palce of the house, it's probably interference or network overlapping.
            If it's in the same place as the other devices, it could be WiFi issues on the box.
            But it is always best, if possible, to also test with other networks in the area.

Comment

Seems latest ota is rooted... Updated soon as it booted and root is there...
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Seems latest ota is rooted... Updated soon as it booted and root is there...
                What date is your ota? Image already added

Comment

Build 20171009.10:49

Ota 20171101_005813
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

mine is 20171009.10:49_20171009-1049

and tells me I am up to date - It might come through later

Is root under developer options?

If I install any root apps on reboot the screen flashes every 2 seconds - I dare not install supersu and update bineries as this bootloops

Image already added

Comment

Reboot/es file abd root checker yup rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
                        Reboot/es file abd root checker yup rooted.
                        Have you tried any apps that need root?

I get the same root report but the flashing screen if I reboot after installing a root app.

Comment

Yes Rootboot and Es file with root access.

Comment

Hmmmmm after using for few days now kinda like it for a basic budget box its sure quick. Smooth. So far everythkng working no issues. 720 I can live with not to shabby for under 30 bucks.

If they add the task bar notification think they got a winner. Kinda shocked how fast it runs. Shows other resolutions loaded in build prop... So maybe it might get 1080 who knows. With the ir extender box cool running might be the one to shove behind garage tv.

So far no complaints but the dumb eu plug. But sorting that.

Comment

has anyone attempted to install xposed framework & addon like gravity box for example - did that work OK ?

Comment

Hello,
                                Mine is Build 20171009.10:49, not OTA found.

@scooter2014
                                How do you have Ota 20171101_005813 ?

After install SuperSU, i can have root on apps (ES file Explorer)
                                If i update binaries, boot loop.

I try W95 firmware (W95_705N0)

It's working, root to.
                                But don't update binaries, boot loop.
                                I don't try remote, because i have an usb dongle with a remote.
                                If remote not working, you must backup /etc/remote.conf before install new firmware

@rusty2k
                                I have installed last apk,XposedInstaller_3.1.4.apk

With root you can finish install after launch Xposed apps.

Comment

Working...
                                X