Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Florix View Post
    I know. But it works on the X96 mini. I have it on my own!
    Does everything work (specifically wifi and remote)?

Comment

Originally posted by erw1n View Post
      i have a problem with my Android box x96 mini. I have connected it to my Sony bravia kdl-40ex600. Often the collors goes green. I changed all the settings in the TV or android and the problem is still. Please can some one help to resolve this issue?
      thank you in advance
      Ervin
      Try changing video output from hdmi to rgb. It helped with some Sony and Phillips tvs.

Comment

I do not know what X96 Mini I have, but I broke installation with Super SU. I reinstalled succesfully Tanix TX3 mini firmware for it. Can't understand why X96 mini maker can't share own firmware as Tanix do. Next TV Box will be Tanix, even it cost more.

http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...mage-20170829/

EDIT: Not tested wifi. USB, remote and network plugs works.
        Last edited by Jafarin; 02-20-2018, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot2 View Post

Try changing video output from hdmi to rgb. It helped with some Sony and Phillips tvs.
          I read in some forums that it can be fixed changing the rgb to full in android box , but I can't find it. Is any command that I can configure it via ssh?
          thanks

Comment

i have a problem with my Android box x96 mini. I have connected it to my Sony bravia kdl-40ex600. Often the collors goes green. I changed all the settings in the TV or android and the problem is still. Please can some one help to resolve this issue?
            thank you in advance
            Ervin
            I have had similar colour problem, and it was fixed with better HDMI cable. Have you try to change cable? Cheap cables, what comes with tv-boxes are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe
              Did you guys try 20180125 update? It's slow as hell! It has made x96 mini unusable!
              Sorry, no. I do not have right kind USB cable, so for me USB or SD cards was only way to do it. I tried to use IMG-file to make USB zip-file, but I do not have all needed brain force. Used all at Nokia.

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe
                Did you guys try 20180125 update? It's slow as hell! It has made x96 mini unusable!

Sent from my F3116 using Tapatalk
                Yes, and I agree with you that it is unusable. I got temperatures up to 90°C and video and audio were out of sync, or simply did not work, while subtitles carried on like nothing happened.
                I went back to stock firmware. Now, max temperature is around 85°C (which I believe is still very high), but I have no glitches while watching movies.
                I use X96mini mostly for kodi...

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just check the heat sink is attached...just in case

x96 mini no enciende después de estar apagado.
                ¿ que puedo hacer ?

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Power supply ?

trebor commented
                02-21-2018, 23:59
                Just check the heat sink is attached...just in case

I don`t know how to reply to a reply, so I pasted previous reply...

I checked the heatsink, it is attached and I even put some thermal paste od both sides of that blue cube which connects proc and heatsink.

This is the stupidest design of heatsink I have ever seen. There is no airflow through the box since there are holes only on bottom side. We all know that hotter air tends to go upwards but top part is sealed with motherboard and then with plastic case...

Comment

Well maybe that is the Problem

In theory that should work well just the thermal Pad (blueblock)...
                  I would clean the paste off,
                  Maybe look around for some more thermal pad
                  Maybe put a small heatsink on cpu with paste and use blueblock between heat sink and block

Airflow is never great on most devices like this

Last edited by trebor; 02-22-2018, 09:34.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

x96 mini does not turn on after being turned off.
                    What I can do ?

The power supply is not the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Well maybe that is the Problem

In theory that should work well just the thermal Pad (blueblock)...
                      I would clean the paste off,
                      Maybe look around for some more thermal pad
                      Maybe put a small heatsink on cpu with paste and use blueblock between heat sink and block

Airflow is never great on most devices like this
                      That is not the problem, since I had overheating problem before I intervened with thermal paste.
                      Also, that paste is designed specifically for transferring heat so it cannot hurt, only benefit...

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                        Where ist exactly WiFi antenna???
                        Printed on the board or if you are lucky is a strip glued on the box

Comment

thank you in advance
                          Ervin
                          Change software with Tanix tx3 mini.

Comment

I have connected my box to LAN and disabled wifi. Now, max tempereature is 5°C lower than what I had with wifi.

Comment

Working...
                            X