Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 Mini TV Box Amlogic S905W + Android 7.1.2 + Quad-core Cortex-A53 + 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashed successfully fw x96 mini 20180512 with Amlogic burn tool

Comment

Originally posted by zadryl View Post

mac "mac_mo

hello friend,

first of all, thanks you for your help

i tried first burn method with the file you gived me, but upgrading stops in the begining.

and when i use the second method (booting device with zip file update, it stops in the middle of the operation.

and using usb burning tool, it blocks in formatting 7% and if i untick erease flash, it blocks at 8% download aml...

i think that this box is died
      Never use the usb burn method but i've read in a s912 thread somethung about a key in order fpr you to unlock the bootloader flash procedure i think that is what you are missing by the fotos you sent try to find the amlogic flaching tool for the x96mini when you unrar the file there must be one file called "mac_something.ini" and other caled mac something.dll" they must go to a folder called licence inside the programs folder on yourcomputer, i strongly beleive that this is your problem somhow you managed to erase your bootloader and its locked so you cam't flash another one thats whyit faiks at 7% just afeter the erae procedure, if you manage go get it there is a chance to get your devic3 back , but keek seashing i don't know for seure that this is your problem i just started to flash things always with the burn card and i only flash bootloaders if there is an upgrade of os exp from 6.0.1 to 7.0 or 7.1.1 if the version on the meachine maches the one i am about to flash i leave bootloader alone, my asvice keep ser=arching there is a solution i mean the factory had to get the firmware in the machine right? Try in 4pda russian web site they always have good hakers there you may find a solution there, good luck, sorry i wasn't much of a help but check them 4 pda guys its alwas worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by zadryl View Post

hello friend,

first of all, thanks you for your help

i tried first burn method with the file you gived me, but upgrading stops in the begining.

and when i use the second method (booting device with zip file update, it stops in the middle of the operation.

and using usb burning tool, it blocks in formatting 7% and if i untick erease flash, it blocks at 8% download aml...

i think that this box is died
        Sorry i forgot one thing, try with erase flash tick and erase bootloader untick some versions of this device came with locked bootloaders

Comment

hi.

exist android tv rom for x96 mini ?

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

here is what you need,

USB urning tool

https://mega.nz/#!6N4RDLjb!c2XRwu8gL...-chLJZ17muv4S4

worldcupdriver

https://mega.nz/#!XEYQHYba!nOVmBgoG9...-e7MvgAUjCsRMY

Firmware

https://mega.nz/#!KBYD2R6L!2rTmHTb_k...F8W0I48JTioms8

after installin this one there is an update use the update app to do it for you it works, new update brings root as well
            you need to extract all rar files and you will get the proper file

heres an extra the burn card maker for flashing with card method

https://mega.nz/#!PIpkiKZb!dIv86A60-...AnL-xIGAcwCrhc

make sure your downloads don't get corrupted
            Hi mate,

I downloaded the worldcup driver but it asked for password to unrar the file.
            Could you please share the password.

I am trying to fix my x96 mini box and recover it. Currently it can not boot up and only red light (even when i try to hold reset button and power it up) after i failed to upgrade the firmware using sd card burn method

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by manusiabodoh

Hi mate,

I downloaded the worldcup driver but it asked for password to unrar the file.
              Could you please share the password.

I am trying to fix my x96 mini box and recover it. Currently it can not boot up and only red light (even when i try to hold reset button and power it up) after i failed to upgrade the firmware using sd card burn method

Thanks
              sorry for that pass is ANDROIDCASIQUE let me know your outcome

Sent from my ATVXperience using Tapatalk

Comment

sorry for that pass is ANDROIDCASIQUE let me know your outcome

Sent from my ATVXperience using Tapatalk

well noted.

Could you please guide me step by step on how to do this?

So far ive downloaded all files you gave and installed the world cup driver.

I am crossing my finger that my box can be fixed.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by manusiabodoh View Post

well noted.

Could you please guide me step by step on how to do this?

So far ive downloaded all files you gave and installed the world cup driver.

I am crossing my finger that my box can be fixed.

Thanks
                  Run the amlogic USB flash tool on your PC it will be in Chinese click on the second option to left of the window to make it english, load the firmware plug the USB male to male to your computer not to the box yet the upgrade port is the with one insert a toothpick in the av hole on the back of your box carefully there is a reset button hidden in there, do not plug the power cord to the box now press start on the computer program press the reset button insert usb male to the withe por of the box and keep it pressed until it finishes setting drivers and you see the box detected on the program flash will start, now verry important when it successfully finishes disconnect the USB from box first then press stop. If for some reason the flashing do not start do it all over again until success. Good luck, let me know if you successfully in the end

Comment

Run the amlogic USB flash tool on your PC it will be in Chinese click on the second option to left of the window to make it english, load the firmware plug the USB male to male to your computer not to the box yet the upgrade port is the with one insert a toothpick in the av hole on the back of your box carefully there is a reset button hidden in there, do not plug the power cord to the box now press start on the computer program press the reset button insert usb male to the withe por of the box and keep it pressed until it finishes setting drivers and you see the box detected on the program flash will start, now verry important when it successfully finishes disconnect the USB from box first then press stop. If for some reason the flashing do not start do it all over again until success. Good luck, let me know if you successfully in the end
                    Thanks mate. I did everything, your instruction and any info i found on the internet but i still can make it alive.

With usb burning method, my pc cant detect and connect with the box, it just red light.

i dont know, maybe my usb port (white color) is broken because since i bought it i cant use that port and it couldnt detect anything (mouse, hdd, etc). But when i connected that white port to PC, the red light went on, so i have no idea whats going on.

I even did open up the box and try to follow pressing pin to ground method and nothing happened

Comment

Originally posted by manusiabodoh View Post

Thanks mate. I did everything, your instruction and any info i found on the internet but i still can make it alive.

With usb burning method, my pc cant detect and connect with the box, it just red light.

i dont know, maybe my usb port (white color) is broken because since i bought it i cant use that port and it couldnt detect anything (mouse, hdd, etc). But when i connected that white port to PC, the red light went on, so i have no idea whats going on.

I even did open up the box and try to follow pressing pin to ground method and nothing happened
                      That is an other upgrade port for it to enable you need to be totally without power the plug one side to the PC then holding the rest button plug the cable to that USB port hopefully the PC will see it and start placing the drivers another one thing I found just today download the latest amlogic USB tool for better results, ok now that your PC sees that box and connects it run the tool and load the firmware to it, when ready press start on your PC hold the reset button and plug the cable as soon as connection is establish it will start to flash when it finishes the blue bar will become green disconnect the USB cable first the click stop your box should know be back 1st boot takes longer. Just keep trying until you got it to connect, the verry first time we connect is verry frustrating cos it's a a pain to get it connected, but is only on the verry 1st time after that it connects quite well, try another burning tool if that one don't see the box I can't remember for sure which sub tool version works with it coz I got other boxes but I would assume that one is the correct one, but I may be mistaken it's many diferent versions, don"t give up if it shows a light must be a software issue, how did you lose your box in the 1st place? Was you trying other firmware?

Comment

That is an other upgrade port for it to enable you need to be totally without power the plug one side to the PC then holding the rest button plug the cable to that USB port hopefully the PC will see it and start placing the drivers another one thing I found just today download the latest amlogic USB tool for better results, ok now that your Pund otn C sees that box and connects it run the tool and load the firmware to it, when ready press start on your PC hold the reset button and plug the cable as soon as connection is establish it will start to flash when it finishes the blue bar will become green disconnect the USB cable first the click stop your box should know be back 1st boot takes longer. Just keep trying until you got it to connect, the verry first time we connect is verry frustrating cos it's a a pain to get it connected, but is only on the verry 1st time after that it connects quite well, try another burning tool if that one don't see the box I can't remember for sure which sub tool version works with it coz I got other boxes but I would assume that one is the correct one, but I may be mistaken it's many diferent versions, don"t give up if it shows a light must be a software issue, how did you lose your box in the 1st place? Was you trying other firmware?
                        I installed USB burn ver 2.1.6 (i believe this the latest version) and have been trying to plug in and plug off the cable for 1/2 hour and the box just didnt want to connect to PC.

how did i lose the box in the 1st place? i was trying to install firmware named norchers (found on this page https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-mini-t3718658).

I did everything and follow the instruction (btw i have never done this before). I used sd card burn method and I did this:

1. Download Norcher firmware and burn it into SD card.
                        2. Insert SD card into X96 mini and use toothpick to hold the button inside AV hole then i plug in the electricity. On the screen it says updating and immediately i pulled off the toothpick. This was when disaster started to happen, the screen went blank and my box did nothing.

Thats it, since then my box became stuck.

Yes i believe its not the hardware but i dont know, maybe the white usb port is not working ( just like i said, since day one i couldnt use it) and thats why they cant be connected. As i said i even try this https://blog.danman.eu/bricking-and-...ntar-x96-mini/ but i dont how to follow the instruction

if only the box and pc can shake hand to each other

Comment

I installed USB burn ver 2.1.6 (i believe this the latest version) and have been trying to plug in and plug off the cable for 1/2 hour and the box just didnt want to connect to PC.

how did i lose the box in the 1st place? i was trying to install firmware named norchers (found on this page https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-mini-t3718658).

I did everything and follow the instruction (btw i have never done this before). I used sd card burn method and I did this:

1. Download Norcher firmware and burn it into SD card.
                          2. Insert SD card into X96 mini and use toothpick to hold the button inside AV hole then i plug in the electricity. On the screen it says updating and immediately i pulled off the toothpick. This was when disaster started to happen, the screen went blank and my box did nothing.

Thats it, since then my box became stuck.

Yes i believe its not the hardware but i dont know, maybe the white usb port is not working ( just like i said, since day one i couldnt use it) and thats why they cant be connected. As i said i even try this https://blog.danman.eu/bricking-and-...ntar-x96-mini/ but i dont how to follow the instruction

if only the box and pc can shake hand to each other
                          okay i am going to recreate your problem and try to give you a solution, in the mean time reinstall the worldcup driver on your pc, open the amlogic burn tool, move the window in a way that you can see your desktop without closing or minimize, get the device manager on screen and conect the usb cable to your pc, press the reset button keep it pressed and plug in usb to the box windows should sound that conection thing if its missing driver it should sound the disconnecte thing a few seconds after, anyway there should be a red light in front of your box, observe the device manager for any changes, if you get some unknown device right click it and update the driver for the one we need, if you got no light ccheck your cable did hapened to me once i have a broken cable and i was trying somany things then i check the cable and that was the problem, you can try to boot linux or lybrelec from sdcard go to mxqproject.com there are tutorials on how to do that.let me know after, catch you latter...

Sent from my ATVXperience_v2B using Tapatalk

Comment

okay i am going to recreate your problem and try to give you a solution, in the mean time reinstall the worldcup driver on your pc, open the amlogic burn tool, move the window in a way that you can see your desktop without closing or minimize, get the device manager on screen and conect the usb cable to your pc, press the reset button keep it pressed and plug in usb to the box windows should sound that conection thing if its missing driver it should sound the disconnecte thing a few seconds after, anyway there should be a red light in front of your box, observe the device manager for any changes, if you get some unknown device right click it and update the driver for the one we need, if you got no light ccheck your cable did hapened to me once i have a broken cable and i was trying somany things then i check the cable and that was the problem, you can try to boot linux or lybrelec from sdcard go to mxqproject.com there are tutorials on how to do that.let me know after, catch you latter...

Sent from my ATVXperience_v2B using Tapatalk
                            in the mean time reinstall the worldcup driver on your pc, open the amlogic burn tool, move the window in a way that you can see your desktop without closing or minimize, get the device manager on screen and conect the usb cable to your pc, press the reset button keep it pressed and plug in usb to the box windows should sound that conection thing if its missing driver it should sound the disconnecte thing a few seconds after, anyway there should be a red light in front of your box, observe the device manager for any changes -> Try this and the device manager doesnt show any changes nor sound meaning the pc cant pick up the box through usb. the red light was on though as usual.

you can try to boot linux or lybrelec from sdcard go to mxqproject.com -> i checked the site and wath the video, but i dont think it will work too. because i have tried to boot the box with sd card before but it didnt work

Thanks mate for helping me so far. appreciate your effort.

Comment

in the mean time reinstall the worldcup driver on your pc, open the amlogic burn tool, move the window in a way that you can see your desktop without closing or minimize, get the device manager on screen and conect the usb cable to your pc, press the reset button keep it pressed and plug in usb to the box windows should sound that conection thing if its missing driver it should sound the disconnecte thing a few seconds after, anyway there should be a red light in front of your box, observe the device manager for any changes -> Try this and the device manager doesnt show any changes nor sound meaning the pc cant pick up the box through usb. the red light was on though as usual.

you can try to boot linux or lybrelec from sdcard go to mxqproject.com -> i checked the site and wath the video, but i dont think it will work too. because i have tried to boot the box with sd card before but it didnt work

Thanks mate for helping me so far. appreciate your effort.
                              Actually it may boot because it has it's own bootloader and uboot files these are the ones that you probably miss on your emmc when you first installed your firmware some how the chip was formated and there are no uboot info so it can not boot what i find strange is the pc not see your box (emmc) so next step is by shorting pins out but lets make sure that this is really the issue, you can always boot librelec, if you miss ubooth, i tested with mine recreated your steps and it's a go then i made a new sdcard with the previous firmware i was able to go back, so i just wonder did you erase your bootloader some of these devices come with locked bootloaders and if you erase them it will delete uboot too, so for what i believe one of these things is happening with your's is no uboot, or may be that the chip responsible for wakeup signal to the cpu is shorted (dead) if it is as soon as you apply power or plug in usb the box go straight to sleep mode open your box plug power for some 10 seconds and feel around the back of the board if you have a small transistor (MOSFET) like getting really hot compared to other components if you do there's your answer... I'm sorry if that is the case i cannot help you any further take your box to a electronics shop and see if they can replace that one... Let me know which one is it...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X