Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box - Amlogic S905W + A7.1.2 2/16gb + (L1) 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box - Amlogic S905W + A7.1.2 2/16gb + (L1) 4K VP9 H.265

Click image for larger version  Name:	1505895932904483.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	672325

Main Features:
    ● A full-4K high-performance SoC that supports H.265 video decoding up to 4K at 30fps
    ● 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC, support up to 32GB of expandable storage, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them
    ● It runs on the Android 7.1.2, which is good to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box
    ● A high performance of quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
    ● Built-in 2.4G WiFi. Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. A more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
    ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV
    ● Support Miracast / Airplay, share your video to your TV
    ● The remote control is powered by 2 x AAA battery ( not included )

Gearbest
    Last edited by superceleron; 04-07-2018, 00:22.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Thanks to Gearbest to day we can have a look and the Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box - Amlogic S905W + A7.1.2 2/16gb + 4K VP9 H.265

2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC, support up to 32GB of expandable storage, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them
    It runs on the Android 7.1.2, which is good to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box
    Built-in 2.4G WiFi. Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. A more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
    HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV

This Unit has Widevine L1, and unlike other 905W units this unit has 1080 display. not reduced (720)
    But more on that later.

Lets have a look at what we have..

Very Typical Mecool, Simple and plain

Sticker on the back explains all.

What's in the box

Off with the lid

The Base, with a splash of Red Bling

Top Side

Underside
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

An easy setup with this Media player, Google update and install apps ok and easy
      The Usual Mecool UI and Apps installed,
      Has Lower Status bar as they call it option in display to activate, No Upper, Has Root and L1
      1080 UI other 905w running a 720p viewport thing
      WiFi speed ok Ethernet better

Let's have a look

UI and Sytem information

DRM Info

Ram and Storage Truth:

Antutu

CPU-Z

Temps 50c ~ 65c on testing

Geekbench CPU

More Info >
      http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4574198

Geekbench Compute

Vellamo

AIDA64

AISD Bench

Chance for a bit of a fiddle and not too shabby at all....
      We have 4K Youtube
      WE have HD Netflix
      We have a 1080p ViewPort (resolution) not restricted to 720p like other 905W works well on My 4K Sony
      2/16gb Ram moves along ok and a I would say as On a Budget box move over 905x (sorta)

Thanks to Gearbest for the show and tell
      Last edited by superceleron; 04-07-2018, 00:23.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Do you happen to have original firmware for thix box, anyoune?

Comment

Does this "Mecool M8S PRO W" have a bluetooth receiver built-in? Or if not, will a bluetooth dongle work with the firmware that's included if plugged into the usb port?

Thanks.

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            No in both cases sorry to say.

Thank you. I guess I'll get the M8S PRO L version instead, since its supposed to have bluetooth built-in (want to use a mini bluetooth keyboard).

Comment

ATV OS Playstore OR Standard OS PlayStore???

Comment

I think you will find it will got the ATV way eventually via update
              My Version is Standard, at present.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I bought a Mecool M8S Pro W from Gearbest recently. On receiving it, I found that the HDMI port is not working, atleast with my plasma TV and HD monitor. I could not find any settings to set resolution/refresh rates in stock firmware. Is there a way to debug HDMI problems in this box, or could this be a hardware problem in this particular piece? Anyone else faced this problem?
                The box is working fine with Analog AV output.

Comment

Bit of a deal on this

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by ityogi View Post
                    I bought a Mecool M8S Pro W from Gearbest recently. On receiving it, I found that the HDMI port is not working, atleast with my plasma TV and HD monitor. I could not find any settings to set resolution/refresh rates in stock firmware. Is there a way to debug HDMI problems in this box, or could this be a hardware problem in this particular piece? Anyone else faced this problem?
                    The box is working fine with Analog AV output.
                    Recently got one too no problems at all with my samsung ue40h6400 maybe something is wrong with your tv set, try a different hdmi cable if you havent tried allready.

Comment

Originally posted by popec82 View Post
                      Do you happen to have original firmware for thix box, anyoune?
                      Yes!

Comment

Hi,

For the price it is a great box. But it´s everythink have many bugs the stock ROM. I use the same for watch tv usually streaming in a Kodi. In my case the box have a lot buffering, i aplly addons for limitation of use cache, use the speed internet but any this points solve my problem.

So my question is, with this ROM i can solved the problems i report?

Comment

Hi again,

i teu install ROM with twrp, but said me the rom is too big for mi device. I dont understand why reason to appear this mensage. I have 16gb in device it's enough or not?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            I think you will find it will got the ATV way eventually via update
                            My Version is Standard, at present.
                            Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X