No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO W TV Box - Amlogic S905W + A7.1.2 2/16gb + (L1) 4K VP9 H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this product. I think youtube 1080p, netflix 720p. Is not it? What about the others?

Comment

I brought a m8s pro w box, thanks to gearbest for international shipping.
      Intended to use that woth hp v192 LED monitor with resolution 1366*768@60hz with VGA input only. Tried to use it with a converter (HDMI to VGA with audio out). It didn't work. Monitor says input out of range. Please select 1366*768. Don't have any other display at hand. Stuck here. Help is very much appreciated guys. What can be done? Is it possible to change the output resolution? If yes, can anyone please give how to make the change blindly with the remote ( like down key twice, right key 4 times.. sequence like that maybe?) . Please help..

Comment

A newer version of the MeCool M8S Pro W with full Android TV is now available. Supports Netflix in 4K @ 30fps, remote is voice activated, Widevine L1 approved DRM.
        The Android TV is like the Shield, Mi box type interface, I.E. 10 foot lean back. Available for 41.99 from large China retail outlet "B" Just make sure it is the latest, as many Pro W's on market.
        This unit has Nougat 7.1.1 and full Android TV interface from manufacture.

Comment

Can Confirm Pro W with Voice remote has L1 and Flix HD 1080
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks trebor i just buy it now with the voice remote.
          Your work help me for the choice

Comment

I have a m8s pro w tv box to be used with hp v192 monitor(1366*768) using a hdmi to vga converter. but the output resolution selected as 720 p doesn't fill the screen, can you please help to change the output resolution of the box to specified output.
            Help appreciated.

Comment

i think only u can help me out..because no one on the internet is talking about this box i have a problem.. During intitial setup
              On the setup
              Ipaired my remote
              And then connected to my wifi
              I then chose the option to put my email and password for the account..it signed in but in the end it was asking for location access i gave it but then i receive an error saying google sign in has stopped
              And now i am stuck ..even whei restart box always stuck at the same loop
              i dont know what to do...i havent even seen its home screen ..i am in the loop of setting up device
              I think maybe faftfac resetting it may solve it...but i dont know how to do it ..as i dont know how to open recovery mode

Comment

Hi guys, I bought one of these boxes on gearbest, and it works like charm for about 2-3 hours then starts to freez picture and restarts.

I ask them to send me firmware but I can't update it because box uses newer firmware then the one they send. Anyways the link to the firmware is here if anybody needs it (it's not an .img upgrade but the local update for going true UPDATE app:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I found here on forum .img file tryed to downgrade with SD card burn maker, but the box will not go to recovery. What would be the easiest way to come to recovery, and which is recomended firmware that works OK?

THX

Comment

I also got a defective one from gearbest, It freezes randomly even after just 20 minutes on. It has firmware from 24 July 2018
                I just wrote a ticket, waiting their reply.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Does anyone know where I buy a new power supply/adaptor for this box? I have googled it but all I see is other mecool boxes. hope someone can help.thanks.

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Google 5 VDC 2 Amp power pack should find something local to your area.
                    Just make sure the bit the plugs in to the box is the same size.

Has anyone succeeded in booting to CoreELEC ?

My MECOOL M8S Pro W won?t boot to CoreElec. It goes straight to TWRP. I am using a USB Drive, not an SD card. I have tried both USB ports.

I used the correct DTB file (gxl_p281_2g.dtb) as dtb.img.

Any help please ??

I forgot to mention that I have Nexus ATV installed, from Freaktab.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)
                  WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

Comment

Working...
                  X