Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus EXTRAS!! (NEW)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. That would be good thing to do.

Comment

I need TWRP for my new Tanix TX7 (runs Android 7.1.2, 2GB/32GB). It can boot from SD-Card with the reset switch. I ried several versions for the s905x, p212 board but TWRP won´t start (hangs on the amlogic logo bootscreen)
      Any of you here have a working version? Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by kszabo View Post
        I need TWRP for my new Tanix TX7 (runs Android 7.1.2, 2GB/32GB). It can boot from SD-Card with the reset switch. I ried several versions for the s905x, p212 board but TWRP won´t start (hangs on the amlogic logo bootscreen)
        Any of you here have a working version? Thanx!

Maybe ???????????????????????????

Comment

dont know if it helps - retroarch, kzsaq's kodi and emulation station build here - https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/47...kodi/?pageNo=1

Comment

tried them already, they do not work I would need a twrp.p21x_N version

Comment

silly question.. WHY does this need acestream? I thought acestream was essentially P2P streaming and sharing.. so why would you need that for playing emulated games?

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
                silly question.. WHY does this need acestream? I thought acestream was essentially P2P streaming and sharing.. so why would you need that for playing emulated games?
                If you read careful you see there are various topics behind.
                One for AceStream and another for EmulationStation
                Mini M8S II

Comment

I still cannot install this new Acestream tar.gz. Can someone write commands for Putty, for newbies like me ?
                  Last edited by Axe; 02-12-2018, 15:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe
                    I still cannot install this new Acestream tar.gz. Can someone write commands for Putty, for newbies like me ?
                    Sorry I haven't had anytime, I'll write something properly later I'm on my phone so probably be spelling mistakes as phone likes to autocorrect etc...

Obviously you need a ssh and ftp client personally I use a couple of apps on my Android phone (juicessh) and (ftpcafe) to save me firing up the laptop.

Step 1.
                    Download the tar file Rootz posted and stick it in /storage/.config use winscp or something I'm not sure if you can curl from zippyshare ?

Step 2.
                    If upgrading from Pinguys version your need to remove old acestream engine, chances are it's already running so you won't be able to remove it, for ease its probably best to first change the autostart.sh file first and reboot so It's not running.
                    Code:
                    nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                    Create edit or add this to your existing autostart file
                    Code:
                    #!/bin/sh
                    (
                    /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
                    )&
                    To exit nano press ctrl & x and answer y to save changes..

Ok now we can reboot by simply typing
                    Code:
                    reboot
                    Step 3
                    Once rebooted, we can now remove the old engine and scripts, extract the new engine and tidy up.
                    Code:
                    cd /storage/.config
                    rm -r acestream
                    rm shutdown.sh
                    tar xfz acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                    chmod +x autostart.sh
                    rm acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                    Step 4
                    Once rebooted you should be good to go, however it's worth noting all the Acestream setting are in file called acestream-user.conf if you want to change the number of peers, cache etc it's done here, but you won't see the changes until after a reboot (see post 37)
                    To edit it from ssh
                    Code:
                    nano /storage/.config/acestream/acestream-user.conf
                    ### edit forgot to mention
                    You may need to comment out this line (put a # in this line of the acestream-user.conf)
                    #export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup
                    ctrl & x and answer y to save.

Sorry it's brief see how you get on maybe we get to tidy it up later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Invisable; 02-15-2018, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz View Post

If you read careful you see there are various topics behind.
                      One for AceStream and another for EmulationStation
                      I have read carefully and your reply is none the clearer either.

If Acestream provides needed libraries for Emulation station then that makes sense - does ES use the torrenting ability of acestream to download cover art etc? Or are they totally unrelated items lumped together in this thread?

that is what I am trying to clarify.
                      Last edited by gizmomelb; 02-13-2018, 00:55.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb
                        Or are they totally unrelated items lumped together in this thread?
                        that is what I am trying to clarify.
                        Completely unrelated. Acestream has nothing to do with emulation station.

Comment

Invisable thank you for very detailed explanation. I will try this in few days and try to solve this (install 3.1.24.2).

I dont know how to uninstall old acestream, so i will try a stratch new build, and after install edit autostart file.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe
                            Invisable thank you for very detailed explanation. I will try this in few days and try to solve this (install 3.1.24.2).

I dont know how to uninstall old acestream, so i will try a stratch new build, and after install edit autostart file.
                            I accounted for that if you follow the steps your be uninstalling the old version, if you get an error at any stage just let me know as its prob a typo.

Anyway I noticed yesterday, that the Russians have just released a new version completely rewritten with different scripts. It's still based on the same engine though

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
                              I accounted for that if you follow the steps your be uninstalling the old version, if you get an error at any stage just let me know as its prob a typo.

Anyway I noticed yesterday, that the Russians have just released a new version completely rewritten with different scripts. It's still based on the same engine though

Where?
                              Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz

Where?
                                What newer version ?

Comment

Working...
                                X