Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus EXTRAS!! (NEW)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tested that version but i dont why previous version its more fast and stable for me.
    and conf file dont have memory size only space on disk.
    Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz
      I just tested that version but i dont why previous version its more fast and stable for me.
      and conf file dont have memory size only space on disk.
      I havent tried it yet.
      Looking at the post it seems that you have to change the size via json.
      With the language barrier and Google translate the sentences are a bit backward like reading something Yoda has written
      It contains the minimum required parameters for starting the engine. You there, if desired, need only be replaced with your own
      With it running have you manage to try this to see if you get a response and to see if the setting is listed ?
      Code:
      http: //ip.address.your.engine: 6878 / webui / app / ReplaceMe / settings / get
      Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable
        I havent tried it yet.
        Looking at the post it seems that you have to change the size via json.
        With the language barrier and Google translate the sentences are a bit backward like reading something Yoda has written
        With it running have you manage to try this to see if you get a response and to see if the setting is listed ?
        Code:
        http: //ip.address.your.engine: 6878 / webui / app / ReplaceMe / settings / get
        I'll try tomorrow

EDIT

to much configurations...
        rollback to classic 3.1.24.2
        Last edited by Rootz; 02-16-2018, 16:13.
        Mini M8S II

Comment

Ok that looks amazing, question:

how to add reicast for dreamcast and replace nds emu with drastic? also how do i make it 480p cvbs mode? im using crt tv an d thats the only one i have

Comment

Well, hello all. Sorry that I havent been around. Between the holidays, illness, and lack of notification (i will be looking into that) I apologize for my absence. Thank you Rootz for maintaining in my absence. I will be updating my links and builds this weekend. If there are any other crucial things that need to be updated, PM me and I will make sure it is added to the main posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Urgodfather View Post
              Well, hello all. Sorry that I havent been around. Between the holidays, illness, and lack of notification (i will be looking into that) I apologize for my absence. Thank you Rootz for maintaining in my absence. I will be updating my links and builds this weekend. If there are any other crucial things that need to be updated, PM me and I will make sure it is added to the main posting.
              Can you please read my post and give me a hand? i would love to see it working with 480pcvbs resolution

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
                Sorry I haven't had anytime, I'll write something properly later I'm on my phone so probably be spelling mistakes as phone likes to autocorrect etc...

Obviously you need a ssh and ftp client personally I use a couple of apps on my Android phone (juicessh) and (ftpcafe) to save me firing up the laptop.

Step 1.
                Download the tar file Rootz posted and stick it in /storage/.config use winscp or something I'm not sure if you can curl from zippyshare ?

Step 2.
                If upgrading from Pinguys version your need to remove old acestream engine, chances are it's already running so you won't be able to remove it, for ease its probably best to first change the autostart.sh file first and reboot so It's not running.
                Code:
                nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                Create edit or add this to your existing autostart file
                Code:
                #!/bin/sh
                (
                /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
                )&
                To exit nano press ctrl & x and answer y to save changes..

Ok now we can reboot by simply typing
                Code:
                reboot
                Step 3
                Once rebooted, we can now remove the old engine and scripts, extract the new engine and tidy up.
                Code:
                cd /storage/.config
                rm -r acestream
                rm shutdown.sh
                tar xfz acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                chmod +x autostart.sh
                rm acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                Step 4
                Once rebooted you should be good to go, however it's worth noting all the Acestream setting are in file called acestream-user.conf if you want to change the number of peers, cache etc it's done here, but you won't see the changes until after a reboot (see post 37)
                To edit it from ssh
                Code:
                nano /storage/.config/acestream/acestream-user.conf
                ### edit forgot to mention
                You may need to comment out this line (put a # in this line of the acestream-user.conf)

ctrl & x and answer y to save.

Sorry it's brief see how you get on maybe we get to tidy it up later.

Finnally i manage to put my time on this. I do this following this steps which you writed. It works like a charm :top:

Thank you again for your effort and explanation.

Comment

New engine released again by Dorik over at 4pa.ru this one has a built-in web interface to change the acestream settings.

Ive been testing it its seems OK, It's still based on the same Acestream version, they seem to change quite regularly so won't write a guide just yet.

Comment

came back to this to try and get acestream installed and running but it just refuses point blank to work.

i'm running libreelec 8.2.3.1 and the the 'about' page says it's S905.arm for the architecture. tried the instructions in post #54 and nothing - every time i try an acestream link it says 'acestream not installed'

any clues would be most welcome

Comment

Witch version you install?
                      Mini M8S II

Comment

Seeking for advice, maybe you guys can shed some light. Currently what is the best choice to have Libreelec and Kodi integrated with Retroarch, considering my needs below?

What I'm looking for:
                        • Box usage is mostly on Kodi player;
                        • Occasional retrogaming focused on popular consoles (SNES, Genesis, N64 etc.) and PC (DosBox, Scummvm, Doom etc.);
                        • Arcade (MAME, FBA etc.) or less popular consoles are not a need;
                        • The simpler, the better, therefore I prefer not having to deal with frontends like EmulationStation, IARL etc. Nothing against, they are nice but for me that adds a layer of complexity that I don't really need.
                        My hardware: Beelink MXIII-II (S905X) 2G, currently on Kszaq's Libreelec 8.2.3.1

From what I was able to understand after reading several posts, these are my options (named after its creators, sorry if I missed or got wrong some credits):
                        1. Pinguy: "Bolt Ons" add-ons including Retroarch sourced from AlexElec.
                        2. Jokerz: standalone Retroarch sourced from Lakka.
                        3. Gamestarter (Bite your idols!): Post on libreelec forums.
                        4. Niabi (Sx05RE): Instead of an addon, he focused on a full compiled distribution called Sx05RE.
                        5. AlexElec: Russian distribution which includes far more things than I need.
                        6. Lakka: standalone distribution focused on Retroarch only. Has nothing to do with Kodi.
                        From all above, the first two options (Pinguy and Jokerz) would allow me to keep Kzsaq's Libreelec and install Retroarch on top of it. Looks to me they are quite similar on the approach, but using different sources: one got it from AlexElec, while the other from Lakka. Also, there are differences on core systems available.

The third option (Gamestarter) is actually focused on RPi and other hardware. Not sure if it would work on a S905(X).

Then the last three options mean I would have to give up Kszaq's distributions. Actually, Niabi's Sx05RE is based on Kszaq's, but I would lose upgradeability if Niabi doesn't catch up with Kszaq. Finally, Lakka - as good as it is - seems to me the worst option, as I'd have to swap SD cards between Libreelec (Kodi) and Lakka on my box every time I move from one system to another.

So, what do you recommend? Which version is still being maintained?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz View Post
                          Witch version you install?
                          this one ..

acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz

Comment

Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post

this one ..

acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                            You need to active acestream process with autostart.sh
                            Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz View Post

You need to active acestream process with autostart.sh
                              I've done that and it still doesn't work. I actually completely wiped my box (Tanix TX5 non-pro version) a few days ago and re-flashed it with the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz from this thread ..

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...or-s905-s905x/

I then downloaded acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz and then used putty to access the box and followed these instructions after changing to storage/.config

Code:
                              chmod +x autostart.sh
                              rebooted the box and then added the autostart.sh with this ..

Code:
                              #!/bin/sh
                              (
                              )&
                              rebooted the box and .. nothing .. still. when i try to access an acestream channel i still get the error that acestream isn't installed

if i go into putty and run the autostart.sh script manually, i get an error "chown: unknown user/group daemon:nogroup" if that makes any difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by ClemFandango

I've done that and it still doesn't work. I actually completely wiped my box (Tanix TX5 non-pro version) a few days ago and re-flashed it with the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz from this thread ..

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/93...or-s905-s905x/

I then downloaded acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz and then used putty to access the box and followed these instructions after changing to storage/.config

Code:
                                chmod +x autostart.sh
                                rebooted the box and then added the autostart.sh with this ..

Code:
                                #!/bin/sh
                                (
                                )&
                                rebooted the box and .. nothing .. still. when i try to access an acestream channel i still get the error that acestream isn't installed

if i go into putty and run the autostart.sh script manually, i get an error "chown: unknown user/group daemon:nogroup" if that makes any difference ?
                                Can you log in via putty and run a few commands to double check.
                                Have you commented out the line in the acestream-user.config?
                                Code:
                                nano /storage/.config/acestream/acestream-user.conf
                                Put a # symbol before or alternatively delete the line
                                export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup
                                Exit and save ( ctrl & x and answer y )
                                Probably also best to run these commands
                                Code:
                                chmod 777 /storage/.config/autostart.sh

chmod 777 /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
                                Then reboot and check......
                                If it still doesn't work see what happens if you try and start the engine without using the autostart script.
                                Code:
                                cd /storage/.config/acestream

./autostart.sh
                                If that still doesn't work the log file is created in the Acestream folder your probably have to post or look at that to see what's going wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X