Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus EXTRAS!! (NEW)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClemFandango

Do you installed Plexus before installing 3.24 Acestream ?

Comment

Rootz Have you tried Acestream with CoreELEC Leia ?

I tried today using your method after copying .tar to config .
      I had to install Plexus as it isn't in this package: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...425#post706425
      Code:
      cd /storage/.config
      tar -xzf acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
      rm -f acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
      created autostart.sh in /storage/.config/
      Code:
      #!/bin/sh
      (
      /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
      )&
      Rebooted via command.
      edited acestream-user.conf and marked with a hashtag # because it wouldn't start.
      #export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup

That got it started but no stream opens. Failed to load lists after start and get the failed notification after 1 minute of Downloading notification.

Comment

kostaman I'm using Acestream 3.1.29 with coreelec Leia that works fine, not sure about this version.

If I upload it later and tell you to need to edit the autostart.sh to suite will you be confortable with that ?
        I don't have much time to offer support or give step by step guides.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
          kostaman I'm using Acestream 3.1.29 with coreelec Leia that works fine, not sure about this version.

If I upload it later and tell you to need to edit the autostart.sh to suite will you be confortable with that ?
          I don't have much time to offer support or give step by step guides.

No problem. I can handle the autostart . Didn't know about the 3.1.29 version.

Comment

OK download this..

pop it in the storage/.config folder

Untar it like you did the other engine

Once untared, your notice you have another folder called acestream.engine the start script is inside this folder so your have to modify your autostart.sh to suite.

Code:
            (

/storage/.config/acestream.engine/acestream.start

)&
            To get the web user interface to work your also need to edit the "hosts.conf" file in the .config folder too.
            If you look in....

/storage/.config/acestream.engine/androidfs/system/etc

Your see there is a hosts file you can use "there's only a couple of extra lines"

Ok once done reboot your box.

When it's loaded you should be able to remove the old ".acestream" folder from the .config directory.

You should also be able to edit settings of the engine by simply using another device on your network with a web browser and typing.

Code:
            http://IP.adresss.your.box:6878/webui/app/ReplaceMe/server
            Sorry it's really brief.

Comment

Sorry it's really brief
              Great instructions. Thanks so much. Worked immediately.

I gather the options not to cache to disk are in this version.
              So i gather cache to Memory is used as default.
              Pretty fast opening.
              My screenshot of defaults.Click image for larger version

Name:	Acestream Settings.png
Views:	1805
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	721942

Comment

kostaman.
                Yes I believe all the settings are in this version.
                I know caching to disk is preferred if you want to watch a Torrent file
                I just cache to Ram as i only use for Acestream links but you or anyone do use it for Torrent files I believe you need enough free space to download the whole Torrent or else you get kicked out.

I've not played around too much with it. I just set max peers to 100 and off i go.
                With this WebUI version you can also add playlists, we can let our little Amlogic boxes do the backend stuff and enjoy the playback on any device with a web browser, I've not personally tested it though.

One other thing I've noticed. A few times I've had to edit the host.conf file again, I'm not sure if it happens with some Elec updates it reverts to default so just a heads up if it

Comment

Can you log in via putty and run a few commands to double check.
                  Have you commented out the line in the acestream-user.config?
                  Code:
                  nano /storage/.config/acestream/acestream-user.conf
                  Put a # symbol before or alternatively delete the line
                  Exit and save ( ctrl & x and answer y )
                  Probably also best to run these commands
                  Code:
                  chmod 777 /storage/.config/autostart.sh

chmod 777 /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
                  Then reboot and check......
                  If it still doesn't work see what happens if you try and start the engine without using the autostart script.
                  Code:
                  cd /storage/.config/acestream

./autostart.sh
                  If that still doesn't work the log file is created in the Acestream folder your probably have to post or look at that to see what's going wrong.

Arrrggghhh .. this completely fell out of my head. I'm so sorry - thankyou so much for the ideas and i honestly didn't mean to look like i ignored you !!

I tried editing the file you mentioned and I removed the "export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup" line and it does actually appear to have solved the problem - sort of.

I've tried a couple of acestream channels and one has worked so far, but then the majority go through downloading, starting acestream engine, playing torrent and then .. nothing. they just tick over and eventually time out.

it *might* be my broadband connection or ISP though, but i'm going to try a few more later this afternoon when there's more soccer on TV as there seems to be a wider selection of acestream options then.

sorry again for forgetting all about this ..

Comment

Hello, I installed these bolt-ons from Pinguy's old thread but now I don't use emulators and want to free up space on my device and remove all related addons and data.
                    Can someone help me do so?

I found the post below, I think this way I can remove this acestream engine but I don't really recall what else I have to remove and how I can do it.
                    I mean...just remove these addons like emulationstation and retroarch?

Sorry I haven't had anytime, I'll write something properly later I'm on my phone so probably be spelling mistakes as phone likes to autocorrect etc...

Obviously you need a ssh and ftp client personally I use a couple of apps on my Android phone (juicessh) and (ftpcafe) to save me firing up the laptop.

Step 1.
                    Download the tar file Rootz posted and stick it in /storage/.config use winscp or something I'm not sure if you can curl from zippyshare ?

Step 2.
                    If upgrading from Pinguys version your need to remove old acestream engine, chances are it's already running so you won't be able to remove it, for ease its probably best to first change the autostart.sh file first and reboot so It's not running.
                    Code:
                    nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                    Create edit or add this to your existing autostart file
                    Code:
                    #!/bin/sh
                    (
                    /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
                    )&
                    To exit nano press ctrl & x and answer y to save changes..

Ok now we can reboot by simply typing
                    Code:
                    reboot
                    Step 3
                    Once rebooted, we can now remove the old engine and scripts, extract the new engine and tidy up.
                    Code:
                    cd /storage/.config
                    rm -r acestream
                    rm shutdown.sh
                    tar xfz acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                    chmod +x autostart.sh
                    rm acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                    Step 4
                    Once rebooted you should be good to go, however it's worth noting all the Acestream setting are in file called acestream-user.conf if you want to change the number of peers, cache etc it's done here, but you won't see the changes until after a reboot (see post 37)
                    To edit it from ssh
                    Code:
                    nano /storage/.config/acestream/acestream-user.conf
                    ### edit forgot to mention
                    You may need to comment out this line (put a # in this line of the acestream-user.conf)

ctrl & x and answer y to save.

Sorry it's brief see how you get on maybe we get to tidy it up later.

Comment

I installed acestream succesfully with this post above from Invisable few months ago on several devices with libreelec.

But now, i cannot install it neither way. It just keep saying ''acestream is not installed''. is it possible that this is some kind of problem ith new plexus 0.1.8., some kind of incompability or something like that ?

Edit : Works perfectly with 0.1.8. I did not copy # in one line on acestream.conf file
                      Last edited by Axe; 09-17-2018, 17:21.

Comment

Hey,
                        anybody knows how to play magnet links from within Kodi and Plexus and Acestream? I know this is possible using the webinterface, but I would like to be able to play from Kodi directly.
                        Example:
                        Code:
                        works: 'plugin://program.plexus/?mode=1&url=http://link.to/file.torrent'

not working: 'plugin://program.plexus/?mode=1&url=magnet:?xt=urn:....'

Comment

Ok soooo - i have X96 box.
                          Libreelec instaled on sdcard - not internal.

Now i buy second device (Same model).
                          Teory:

If I pull the card from the first device, if I put it in the second one - I will run it from the memory card (it's exactly the same model) will it all work? My library, settings, etc.?

I dont want setting up second device from scratch - if that metod will work i just clone sd card

Comment

im loking for
                            acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz any one?

or the lasted version
                            Last edited by zambu; 11-05-2018, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by zambu View Post
                              im loking for
                              acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz any one?

or the lasted version
                              Here you go, version 3.1.33

NOTE IMPORTANT !!!!
                              If your have using an autostart.sh your have to modify it as the start/stop scripts are in the "acestrem" folder rather than the "acestream folder"

Code:
                              https://www88.zippyshare.com/v/hMQXPDad/file.html
                              for this version....follow these instructions

If upgrading stop the old acestream engine and delete the " acestream.engine" folder from the .config dir

download the new tar and pop it in the storage/.config folder

Untar it

Once untared, your notice you have another folder called acestream.engine or ( acestrem.engine) the start script is inside this folder so your have to modify your autostart.sh to suite.

Code:
                              (

)&
                              *******Read Note******* in some versions folder is spelt wrong acestrem.engine

To get the web user interface to work your also need to edit the "hosts.conf" file in the .config folder too.
                              If you look in....

Your see there is a hosts file you can use "there's only a couple of extra lines"

When it's loaded you should be able to remove the old ".acestream" folder from the .config directory.

You should also be able to edit settings of the engine by simply using another device on your network with a web browser and typing.

Code:

Comment

Here you go, version 3.1.33

NOTE IMPORTANT !!!!
                                If your have using an autostart.sh your have to modify it as the start/stop scripts are in the "acestrem" folder rather than the "acestream folder"

Code:
                                https://www88.zippyshare.com/v/hMQXPDad/file.html
                                for this version....follow these instructions

If upgrading stop the old acestream engine and delete the " acestream.engine" folder from the .config dir

download the new tar and pop it in the storage/.config folder

Untar it

Once untared, your notice you have another folder called acestream.engine or ( acestrem.engine) the start script is inside this folder so your have to modify your autostart.sh to suite.

Code:
                                (

)&
                                *******Read Note******* in some versions folder is spelt wrong acestrem.engine

If you look in....

Code:
                                are you using the stander configs?

Comment

Working...
                                X