Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus EXTRAS!! (NEW)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Here you find a TWRP for S905x Devices.
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Try it if it Works.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello,

Here you find a TWRP for S905x Devices.
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Try it if it Works.

Neomode
      Worked a treat - thank you!

Comment

You are welcome.

Neomode

Comment

Hello guys,

I thought I'd write this (for posterity) incase anyone who's already installed Libreelec onto their player's emmc decides to upgrade to Coreelec's latest version. For me, when I noticed I was no longer able to boot into TWRP for some bloody reason, something I hadn't tried in quite a while, it just seemed like the right thing to do. I have an Nexbox A95X B7N with 2gb/16gb storage and I can say that Coreelec on this box works extremely well. Also nice that I can have NETFLIX, STAN and FOXTEL all working together (in Australia for those wondering what the hell I'm talking about). Also, the remote control works as well (by following the instructions on the first page of this thread).

Basically, you start by getting onto the Coreelec site and downloading the UPDATE file for the player which you will copy (I used Filezilla) to the /storage/update/ folder.

On reboot it goes through the update process, but without the appropriate DTB file (I have no idea how to incorporate the DTB with the update but obviously some of you clever chaps probably do).
          Despite limited abilities it installed, though with a message along the lines of (file tree out of date) or something along those lines - I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Until that little detail is resolved it needs a press of a key to proceed past the post message (unless you enjoy protracted count downs).

From there, using PuTTy I logged into the little unit and proceeded with the following. Note that Coreelec default username / password is root / coreelec

mount -o remount,rw /flash
          cp /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g.dtb /flash/dtb.img
          reboot

- system rebooted, and again logging in with PuTTY.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1
          dd if=/usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g.dtb of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
          reboot

Note: you need to know the name of the DTB file specific for your device. On my A95X its the file I've underlined in the above scripting. To find out the specific filename you need, again from the Correlec website - go to download, choose 9.2.1 (stable), then 'new installation'. The download helper will ask you for the details of your device and once entered you will see on the bottom left hand corner of the window, the specific DTB filename (you just add the .dtb extension when entering the above script.

Now, none of this is my work but the result of google and the clever people out their who know all things LINUX. The first part of the script may possibly be unnecessary but regardless, the result is quite excellent.

Comment

Working...
          X