Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX3 Max & Mini - DUAL OS EDITION - LibreELEC + Android -> (S905W)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    A third version of this firmware will be released. They are testing.
    Young Javimetal.
    Tip: Meanwhile, why not release a Dual OS version, with: stable version (TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip) + LibreELEC + Kodi?
    Congratulations on your work and dedication!
    Tks.
    webipsum
    CS968 - JESURUN (Rockchip RK3188 Android 4.2.2)
    S95 - ALFAWISE (Amlogic S905W Android 7.1.2)
    GT1 ULTIMATE - BEELINK (Amlogic S912 Android 7.1.2)

    Comment


      Originally posted by webipsum
      Young Javimetal.
      Tip: Meanwhile, why not release a Dual OS version, with: stable version (TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip) + LibreELEC + Kodi?
      Congratulations on your work and dedication!
      Tks.
      I don't see the point. If they're about to release a new Android version with fixes for those crashes, it seems logical that a Dual boot version with this Android should be next, or, install the new third Android version over the dual boot one. I read here that it would update Android on your dual boot firmware without loosing LibreElec.

      Comment


        Mine completely froze after about 10 - 15 minutes watching a video. The power button didn't do anything or home button. Renders the device basically useless for my needs. Please update soon, I have several TX3 Max's.

        Comment


          How do I revert back to the 12/20/17 Android only version? I didn't see it posted on Tanix's site and I don't need LibreElec.

          Comment


            Originally posted by maestro View Post
            How do I revert back to the 12/20/17 Android only version? I didn't see it posted on Tanix's site and I don't need LibreElec.
            What version of Dual OS firmware are you using?

            I applied the firmware (zip) TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip. Replaces previous firmware, then LibreELEC is no longer available. The previous firmware was the dual operating system: p281-ota-20180109.zip.

            I applied the TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip firmware, using the app UPDATE & BACKUP (Select and Update).
            webipsum
            CS968 - JESURUN (Rockchip RK3188 Android 4.2.2)
            S95 - ALFAWISE (Amlogic S905W Android 7.1.2)
            GT1 ULTIMATE - BEELINK (Amlogic S912 Android 7.1.2)

            Comment


              Originally posted by maestro View Post

              Just figured it out. Go to the icon/app you want to change, hit the menu button (the one with 3 lines right of Home), then pick an app.

              It will change the app but it won't look as nice as the original icons.

              Now I just need to figure out how to make them nicer like the originals. Any ideas?
              That Worked ...Thanks!!

              Yes, the replaced app icon appear smaller.

              Comment


                BETA - LibreELEC + ANDROID - DUAL OS


                For testing, this is a new version (.IMG): https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8

                And here the .ZIP file: https://mega.nz/#!rFNCFL7B!hr6rbCvr9...PV3PUY7ytw8FFk

                LibreELEC is a new compilation forked from adam88 repo. LE version is 8.9

                Android part has some changes:

                1 Updated Airscreen, Netflix, Google Play Store
                2 New function at Settings > More Settings: WiFi emulator (when you are connected by Ethernet, the APPs will think you are using WiFi)
                3 Added "Run TWRP recovery" option from Recovery screen

                Tanix TWRP
                4 remove status bar battery icon


                DOWNLOAD IMG: https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8

                DOWNLOAD ZIP: https://mega.nz/#!rFNCFL7B!hr6rbCvr9...PV3PUY7ytw8FFk
                Last edited by Javimetal; 01-25-2018, 20:04.
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

                Comment


                  Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                  What version of Dual OS firmware are you using?

                  I applied the firmware (zip) TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip. Replaces previous firmware, then LibreELEC is no longer available. The previous firmware was the dual operating system: p281-ota-20180109.zip.

                  I applied the TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip firmware, using the app UPDATE & BACKUP (Select and Update).
                  The Dual OS version firmware I'm running is 20180112. I'll try 20171220 again. If not I'll attempt the latest update posted right above mine.

                  Comment


                    Ok I tried TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip but this is firmware for TX3 Mini and looks different from the one I have which is TX3 Max. What would the firmware be for TX3 Max? I will try the new BETA download from today for now.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by maestro View Post

                      The Dual OS version firmware I'm running is 20180112. I'll try 20171220 again. If not I'll attempt the latest update posted right above mine.
                      You do not mind that in the changes to the latest beta version of a word about the most important problems that developers are closing their eyes?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bodrick View Post
                        You do not mind that in the changes to the latest beta version of a word about the most important problems that developers are closing their eyes?
                        The biggest complaint I saw was the video freezing issue. I had this happen to me also. Today's update seems that it might have resolved it from the test I'm currently running. Right now I'm 1 1/4 hours into a movie and it hasn't frozen, where yesterday my video froze in like 10 - 15 minutes.

                        I do still have the crashing problem on the video I've been trying with all versions. The new version shows the first screen of the movie and then crashes now. Before it would just crash and not show the first screen.

                        It seems to be an improvement and hopefully they will quickly resolve the major issues.

                        Edit: finished 2 1/4 hour movie with no issues. Put on a movie now that is almost 2 3/4 hours. So far 55 minutes in and no issues.
                        Last edited by maestro; 01-25-2018, 10:06.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                          BETA - LibreELEC + ANDROID - DUAL OS


                          For testing, this is a new version (.IMG): https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8

                          LibreELEC is a new compilation forked from adam88 repo. LE version is 8.9

                          Android part has some changes:

                          1 Updated Airscreen, Netflix, Google Play Store
                          2 New function at Settings > More Settings: WiFi emulator (when you are connected by Ethernet, the APPs will think you are using WiFi)
                          3 Added "Run TWRP recovery" option from Recovery screen

                          Tanix TWRP
                          4 remove status bar battery icon


                          DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8
                          Hello!

                          How do I install this? So far I've just installed .zip files on the Tanix mini box! This is now the .img file! I would like to ask you step by step help. Thanks

                          Comment


                            I had the same problem funthomaspr . You need to do this on your computer. You need a USB male to male cable. Then download https://mega.nz/#!WNU1wJDB!sFIoEyBHy...gi53T09uEvVypc (Amlogic Burning Tool). The instructions are here http://www.tanix-box.com/124/how-to-flash-tanix-tx5/​​​​​​​ . It's the same instructions for the TX3 Max.

                            It took me like 20 minutes total because it was the first time and I couldn't figure out how to get my computer to recognize the box. After several plug and unplugs it worked. Hopefully it will be faster for my other boxes.

                            Comment


                              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30702.jpg Views:	1 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	704786
                              Originally posted by maestro View Post
                              I had the same problem funthomaspr . You need to do this on your computer. You need a USB male to male cable. Then download https://mega.nz/#!WNU1wJDB!sFIoEyBHy...gi53T09uEvVypc (Amlogic Burning Tool). The instructions are here http://www.tanix-box.com/124/how-to-flash-tanix-tx5/ . It's the same instructions for the TX3 Max.

                              It took me like 20 minutes total because it was the first time and I couldn't figure out how to get my computer to recognize the box. After several plug and unplugs it worked. Hopefully it will be faster for my other boxes.
                              I did step by step everything and this bug came! :-( There is no such cable "You need a USB male to male cable"!
                              Last edited by funthomaspr; 01-25-2018, 10:47.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                                BETA - LibreELEC + ANDROID - DUAL OS


                                For testing, this is a new version (.IMG): https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8

                                LibreELEC is a new compilation forked from adam88 repo. LE version is 8.9

                                Android part has some changes:

                                1 Updated Airscreen, Netflix, Google Play Store
                                2 New function at Settings > More Settings: WiFi emulator (when you are connected by Ethernet, the APPs will think you are using WiFi)
                                3 Added "Run TWRP recovery" option from Recovery screen

                                Tanix TWRP
                                4 remove status bar battery icon


                                DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#!jMtWXJwI!c8GOxH2Jk...IkATwHXi-S5ao8
                                Does this version also include 1080p UI for Android ?
                                What about usb/sd boot support ? Is that also planned ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X