Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX3 Max & Mini - DUAL OS EDITION - LibreELEC + Android -> (S905W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TANIX TX3 Max & Mini - DUAL OS EDITION - LibreELEC + Android -> (S905W)

Opening this Topic for those Tanixers who are interested in LibreELEC and Android running from TX3 Max & Mini internal eMMC.

This is a dual boot system, so, it is possible to reboot from Android to LibreELEC or LibreELEC to Android.

If you are running Android, just LONG PRESS the power button and choose the option "Reboot from LibreELEC".

If you are running LibreELEC, press the power button (from KODI UI) and choose "Reboot from Android".

This is the first version, so some bugs can be found.

If you have subscribed, probably you already got an email including instructions and links for download.

If you are new here, you can download here: TANIX TX3 MAX & MINI DUAL OS EDITION (LibreELEC + Android)

There are two methods to install:
    Flashing an .IMG file from PC or upgrade your box by "UPDATE APP" and a .ZIP file
    Last edited by trebor; 01-07-2018, 03:33.
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

What happened with the old topic ?

Comment

Also, i still havent received my link. Is it released already ?

Comment

can I get a complete list of changes in the new firmware?

Comment

Neverfind, i've found the link in my junkbox
          Here is the link
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Tried playing with it a bit. Seems to work fine, wifi, led clock, remote all works flawlessly. Good job, Tanix

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post
              Neverfind, i've found the link in my junkbox
              Here is the link
              But this is the max image, yes? This works also for Tanix TX3 Mini ?

And is it necessary to have a sd card inserted where LibreELEC is installed?
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Works with mini as well and no, you don't need sd card installed, as this is a dual boot eMMC install.

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post
                  Works with mini as well and no, you don't need sd card installed, as this is a dual boot eMMC install.
                  Thanks

And can I use the installed Kodi with all add-ons and settings? Or must I make a fresh Kodi install? (hope not)

Comment

Can the .img file be flashed from USB / SD, or do I need to follow the flash procedure as stated on the Tanix Website? (This link: http://www.tanix-box.com/124/how-to-flash-tanix-tx5/)

Comment

how much space does libreelec use/require? is it repartitioning the main memory, so what sort of partition size does it create?

edit: to answer my own question, it only boots libeelec, it shares data with android.
                      Last edited by dimspace; 01-06-2018, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

Thanks

And can I use the installed Kodi with all add-ons and settings? Or must I make a fresh Kodi install? (hope not)
                        It's works well for me with the previously installed kodi 17.6, I updated the system without wiping data.

Comment

Anyone tried to extract DTB file from libreelec ?

Comment

Just a word of caution; booting ubuntu 17.04 off this image is not possible. Flashing boot script to boot from sd card breaks libreelec. It does start booting Ubuntu (or whatever linux you put on the sd card) but from my testing, 17.04 ubuntu doesn't boot to desktop.

So stay on older October build if you need this.

Comment

BUG - it desperately needs keymaps for a few things in libreelec. Long press ok is working sometimes for context menu, not at other times. context/hamburger key doesnt work at all

this is especially a nightmare in PVR where the hamburger button is meant to bring up options and instead have to move a mouse cursor down to activate it.

BUG (Intermittent) - if you reboot from libreelec back into libreelec its not always reconnecting to network
                              Last edited by dimspace; 01-07-2018, 02:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X