Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX3 Max & Mini - DUAL OS EDITION - LibreELEC + Android -> (S905W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you try to find the box via name or via ip? Try IP and check if you got the settings done and http service is active in kodi settings on libreelec too..works here on both sides (android and libreelec) when you got identical settings(ip, device name, user/password for http connect)

Comment

The new 1080p beta installs also pretty well on dual boot rom..maybe some people are interested in testing too(to get back to state before testing u could do a backup with booted twrp)!? http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...233#post703233

Javimetal I couldn't find any way to boot from usb or sd card since dual boot rom-is there any way to start linux from a pen drive (again)??
      Where is the setting done to make the "hamburger key" work on libreelec-I prefer the right click behaviour in librerelec like on pc and want to undo it on my box..

Comment

hello somebody can gime me a link to an image of ubuntu already setted for tasnix tx3 mini ? i would like to test .thanks

Comment

and i forgot to ask if some one had succeed in setting the same folder for kodi android and kodi librelec ,to have the same libray ,to have an idea to set it.thanks

Comment

Well, I don't use the same data on both, but via backup addon I made them identical and ported my setup to libreelec. The problem is that libreelec uses other pathes to external memory like hdd, so all pathes don't exactly fit, but after correcting them(just the sources for each category like movies series..) kodi converted the db somehow and shows all seen content like on androids kodi. As I prefer Libreelec I had no need to synchronize data with android again, but should be not that big problem if using same folder for backup from both sides and selecting just the altered database.

Comment

You could try it with the ubuntu from here: https://yadi.sk/d/pHxaRAs-tZiei
              What I did, I described here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...376#post680376

Comment

hello i want to ask if decode with the new dual boot dts sound and 5.1 with vlc or mx player...what about ac3 5.1 sound?sorry for my bad english

Comment

How do I change the content of the bigger box in the Alice UX launcher? I remember seeing another app initially but now have Youtube appear twice on the main screen. Any tips to config Alice will be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by vu3voc View Post
                    How do I change the content of the bigger box in the Alice UX launcher? I remember seeing another app initially but now have Youtube appear twice on the main screen. Any tips to config Alice will be helpful.
                    Just add another app (choose +) then you see all apps and can select or deselect them. Maybe you have to scroll around to see the "big" box selection. I remember that i changed it but i have the box not near me now.
                    Maybe just deselect youtube and then the box is empty and then you can select something else.

Btw. i have the app "Airscreen" on the big box ... great app to stream content to the tanix and it works (you don't have to buy a chromecast stick).
                    The included app does not work for me.
                    The comments in playstore are ridiculous - it is a server not a client and they are too dumb to recognize it.
                    I am also very happy to have dual boot so for kodi i use libreelec and for the rest android.

Last edited by alreadyused; 01-22-2018, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadyused View Post

Just add another app (choose +) then you see all apps and can select or deselect them. Maybe you have to scroll around to see the "big" box selection. I remember that i changed it but i have the box not near me now.
                      Maybe just deselect youtube and then the box is empty and then you can select something else.

Btw. i have the app "Airscreen" on the big box ... great app to stream content to the tanix and it works (you don't have to buy a chromecast stick).
                      The included app does not work for me.
                      The comments in playstore are ridiculous - it is a server not a client and they are too dumb to recognize it.
                      I am also very happy to have dual boot so for kodi i use libreelec and for the rest android.
                      Thanks alreadyused . I tried but any app that's selected or deselected affects the + box and the big box remains static. There should also be an option to change the background screen which has the classic street image.This needs to be looked by the Alice UX designers.

Comment

Javimetal.
                        The only Tanix Mini firmware that runs 100% on my Alfawise S95 is Android Only: TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.
                        Is it possible to install LibreELEC + Kodi to run in Dual OS format?
                        Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by vu3voc View Post

Thanks alreadyused . I tried but any app that's selected or deselected affects the + box and the big box remains static. There should also be an option to change the background screen which has the classic street image.This needs to be looked by the Alice UX designers.
                          Just figured it out. Go to the icon/app you want to change, hit the menu button (the one with 3 lines right of Home), then pick an app.

It will change the app but it won't look as nice as the original icons.

Now I just need to figure out how to make them nicer like the originals. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick
                            Who else has this color problem on the latest firmware? Appears during video playback in some players.
                            Javimetal ,
                            I also have friezes as in this video and box freezing began in the latest firmware, please pay attention to it and tell the developers!
                            Last edited by claw3000; 01-24-2018, 01:36.

Comment

Originally posted by claw3000 View Post
                              Javimetal ,
                              I also have friezes as in this video and box freezing began in the latest firmware, please pay attention to it and tell the developers!
                              A third version of this firmware will be released. They are testing.
                              Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

I noticed certain videos crash Kodi. I was trying to watch a video with AC3 codec and it crashes Kodi every time (HD as well as SD). Not sure if it's specifically related to that codec but it was the same crash every time with that video. Most other videos no issues. I replicated this issue with the 12/20/17 Android only version and the newest beta (both on the Android side).

Comment

Working...
                                X