Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TX7 Android 7.1 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2/32gb Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz + 5GHz Bluetooth 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX7 Android 7.1 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2/32gb Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz + 5GHz Bluetooth 4.0

Click image for larger version  Name:	1515132829419138.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	700547

- Swift and stable system: outfitted with the highly customized Android 7.1 system, you get swift and stable system operations
    - 2.4GHz + 5.0GHz dual band WiFi will simply connect to any network with any security type and stream your favorite content without the hassles of wires
    - Amlogic S905X quad core CPU is rapid and stable which can give you a high-speed feedback and smooth response

Coupon: GBTX7

Save 5 bucks or so I am advised

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 01-10-2018, 09:59.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a closer look at the
    TX7 Android 7.1 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2/32gb Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz BT4.0
    All Metal Case, External Antenna, spec look OK 905x 2/32GB
    Let's see what surprises can be found.

The Box

What's in the box

Look Around

Remove Base, Could add some thermal Pad Between base and PCB if need

Remove PCB

The Main Bits

looking ok so far...

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 01-28-2018, 23:58.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well a surprise of the good kind
      Appears to be no surprises(Bad ones)

Looking better than OK

Tanix Startup wizard easy setup all good.
      Connection to WiFi, Google setup and installed Apps smooth.
      Upper Notification and Lower Task bar available.
      Option to Root with access in setting enable/disable, Another story to hide safetynet...
      UI Appears Zippy and No B/S
      Remote OK for IR
      BT Detects Headset, Speakers, TV about 5 meters distance.
      Temps also Good...Idle 40~50c Streaming YT 50~55c no problems here as yet

Lets have a look see:

UI and Installed Apps

System Info

DRM Info: L3

Ram and Storage Truth

CPU-Z

Antutu, Noticed the sound is Weird or Dead of late with A7

GeekBench CPU more >>
      http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6761721

GeekBench Compute

A1 SD Bench

YT Streaming 1080 temps good

Someone asked today about Miracast,
      WiFi Display call it what you will, INever use or had a need, Found on TX7 ran App Pointed Phone and Done.

So not too shabby at all I feel Amlogic 905x 2/32 Ram all the Basics are there and appear to do.
      Thanks To Gearbest for the chance to show and tell.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Same Hardware as my older stock TX7 but with Android 7.1
        Where on Earth is this Firmware Update ?
        I emailed Tanix as it's not on their website Firmware Downloads.
        Response NOTHING. 2 weeks ago.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180205_093043.jpg
Views:	1597
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	706998

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
          Same Hardware as my older stock TX7 but with Android 7.1
          Where on Earth is this Firmware Update ?
          I emailed Tanix as it's not on their website Firmware Downloads.
          Response NOTHING. 2 weeks ago.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180205_093043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	706998
          I think this is what you need

Comment

Originally posted by bodrick View Post
            Greatly Appreciated. I will give this a try and report back.
            By the way is there a version of Amlogic Burning Tool you may have used with this ?
            I'll give it a go with what i have or chase up Google for current version. Thank You again

Comment

Greatly Appreciated. I will give this a try and report back.
              By the way is there a version of Amlogic Burning Tool you may have used with this ?
              bodrick Glad to report that image worked perfect. using Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8

Comment

bodrick Glad to report that image worked perfect. using Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.8
                I'm glad that everything is working

Comment

Thx for sharing It is first FW what is work on my box (qbox s905x p212 or whatever it is LoL) try nexbox fw etc... Always something not work wifi, bluetooth remote power on.... After little modding get fully work rtl8723bs at last

Comment

Originally posted by jas7o View Post
                    Thx for sharing It is first FW what is work on my box (qbox s905x p212 or whatever it is LoL) try nexbox fw etc... Always something not work wifi, bluetooth remote power on.... After little modding get fully work rtl8723bs at last
                    jas7o can you elaborate on the modding to get WiFi module to work? Trying this android 7.1.2 on the Le Potato S905x-cc and would like to learn how you did it. Appreciate the help.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

As I good remembered just delete some frimeware file and modules then use nexbox a95x FW Android 7.1 files. Download flashable zip what I make and have a look inside zip what files I deleted and what files replace /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

My zip is using NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_7.1_8723bs_8g2g_171120preview modules , try flash it mabe gonna work for you if not find frimeware for you box where Bt wifi work and replace files inside zip and try again I spent week to get it work. good luck

(Ignore lines commented with # inside update script)
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Originally posted by jas7o View Post
                        As I good remembered just delete some frimeware file and modules then use nexbox a95x FW Android 7.1 files. Download flashable zip what I make and have a look inside zip what files I deleted and what files replace /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

My zip is using NEXBOX-A95X_S905X_7.1_8723bs_8g2g_171120preview modules , try flash it mabe gonna work for you if not find frimeware for you box where Bt wifi work and replace files inside zip and try again I spent week to get it work. good luck

(Ignore lines commented with # inside update script)
                        Many thanks jas7o I will try to follow your steps with Le Potato.

Comment

Is there any way to get the launcher to 'stick' after a restart? It keeps defaulting to Oranth, until you hit the home button.

Comment

THX for img file This android is working with my device (My motheboard p212_9377; device MXQ PRO+ 4K; CPU S905x)

Comment

My TX7 won't start anymore, only red light after power up, no reaction to remote, seems bricked.
                              I tried to re-flash the firmware with version I found online - "HQYG-TX7-nikodi-20180104.img" via "USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.6".
                              I only get to 9% progress and flashing always ends with following error:
                              [Err]--failed:Verify Failed with sha1sum, origin sum "78813f7b79d754181bbef75515124fa52fbc341a" != gen sum "404ed59b1635e7be0ece41a9dd326675feaa0550"
                              [HUB9-1][Err]--[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition _aml_dtb/Verify patition/Error result

From the error message it seems that the firmware checksum is not correct for my device.
                              Could anyone please send me some other (maybe older) full size firmware for Tanix TX7 2/32GB S905X for flashing ?
                              I'm asking because the link posted in this thread by user bodrick is now dead.
                              Originally posted by bodrick View Post
                              Thanx in advance
                              Last edited by blackie333; 01-21-2020, 09:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X