X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for firmware update T95X S905X 1gb/8gb

Hello,

I have a

2017 Model GooBang Doo Android 6.0 Marshmallow TV Box, T95X Android TV Box Amlogic S905X 64 Bits

It is absolutely terrible to use. I am looking to update it so that is stable. Very slow overall and needs reset a lot

Can someone tell me the best new firmware to use? I don't mind rooting but if not needed preferred.

Thanks

I have 3 GooBang Doo T95X boxes I got a few weeks ago for cheap on amazon. They were advertised as Android 6.0, but they are actually Android 7.1.2. I bricked the 1st one installing SuperSu the wrong way, so I searched endlessly for this firmware created in 2018. I cant find it anywhere, GooBang Doo sent me a link for 6.0 firmware but it will not flash, as most others I've tried.

I finally found firmware for the nexbox a95x that would install, & after research I realized these boxes are 1gb DDR4 ram & these other firmwares are meant for ddr3, is the reason they wouldnt flash. In the other 2 identical boxes it shows that its underlying firmware is nexbox a95x/t95x made in 2018. The problem was the remote wouldnt work after flashing. I even made a twrp backup & tried to restore to the bricked box after I installed the nexbox a95x but after that it was stuck on boot logo. Tried many times with different versions of twrp recovery but no luck. So I found the files to make it function, all but the power going back on once you put it to sleep or shut it off. So i found a universal remote that would work to turn it on.

I really wish I could find the original firmware, but this is working. If you or anyone would like the links to the firmware, just reply to this post & I will add the link to the posts & the firmware. Also if anyone knows where I might find the correct firmware I would be ecstatic & extremely grateful. Also the new firmware for the TX7 works on this box too, but its meant for 2gb ram so its sluggish beacase the ram use is always maxed out & the system reserved ram only leaves it with 814mb left to play with. If anyone knows a way I can modify the TX7 from 2gb to 1gb that would be great also. Thanks in advance.......

Comment

I have solved the problem for for updating to 7.1.2 with these boxes, the t95x with 1gb ddr4 ram/8gb rom. But the only way it can be done is through a special TWRP backup I have made. You boot into stock recovery then choose update from ext, then choose twrp zip file that you put on an sd card prior. It doesn't install twrp but it runs it & allows you to backup & restore 13 partitions. All other twrp versions I have tried only backup & restore 5 partitions, so it would fail to work. After the 1st box I bricked I bought 2 more & used this method to restore the 1st box & it runs smooth & fast now nougat 7.1.2. PM me & ill upload the backup & the twrp zip file. You will also need a thumb drive to put the backup on.

Comment

Hello, I have a box android TX3 S95x 1GB-8GB under android 6.0. I would like to install android 7.1 or android 8, did you do it and where to find the firmware? thank you

Comment

Working...
        X