Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z11 pro (aka TX3 pro) Nougat ROM o similar alternatives

Hi there

I installed LibreELEC on this tv box: s905x cortex armv7 3.5 ghz, 2 gb ram, 16 gb emmc.

I'm trying to install roms (SD) of other s905x boxes but i get no luck: doesn't get past the boot screen. I thought they would have worked on it since the chipset is the same.
    Reason of this choice is Z11 pro development is stuck on Marshmallow.

My aim is to get Widewine L1 or 1080p Netflix working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

up

Comment

Thank you guys for your support very helpful indeed!

Comment

Does enyone have firmware for Z11Pro I was trying to flash with usb burning tool but no results it stuck on 7% formatting. Please someone help.

Comment

Try bumerc's custom ATV9 firmware for (all) S905X boxes.

Comment

I tryed with atv expirience on my z11 pro but again it stuck on 7% formatting. Any sugestions what is problem?

Comment

To start with, you just have to keep trying, some work and some just dont. I asked this on another forum and the reply was ram timings which makes sense because the chip and gpu are the same but the memory chips and emmc can vary from board to board let alone bluetooth and wifi.

My board hads a S905X chip with 2 gigs of ram but has no bluetooth or wifi so ive been trying other roms not to worry about bluetooth or wifi.

Ive tried about 15 different roms only 3 will boot and usually they have other weird issues. Its fun trying them because there is some WHACKY roms out there for these boxes

Here is what ive noticed with mine when it comes to errors, i dont know about yours but mine makes a beep noise when connected to my computer, then as it writes the firmware it will beep twice as it updates. You have to hold the firmware update button on the box till the second beep then you can let off the button (on mine anyway) my computer makes one sound when connected, then a differne tone when disconnected. It makes these sounds a few times during the update then stops. First beep when first plugging it in, second at 4% then at 7% then its usually done and i can let off the button and wait for it to finish

I also noticed that my computer wont power the board fully during the entire update, i have to power it off the PC first till it says "connection successful" then i have to power from the adapter then i can start the update. If you think about it the power supplies are like 2amps, my USB ports on my PC are like .5 amps if that so it will just boot loop if i dont use the extra power

Comment

Working...
              X