Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used this revamped version of customization tool to edit the DTB file to allow this Oreo firmware to work on a M96X S905X box - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...omization-tool

Comment

Originally posted by ignis627 View Post
      Flashed to my KM8 S905X Box, my main issue being the KM8 OEM remote doesn't work plus the BT issue. But using mouse and keyboard been able to finally load 64 bit Lodi alpha1.
      If someone can help me get the OEM remote working against, it would be Great, Thks
      Did you manage to get remote working?

Comment

This is really impressive, been using for few hours and no problems which is unbelievable.

every now n then get error; droid system has stopped, have to reboot to fix. Usually happens after leaving box off over night then turning on

​​​​​​Random reboots during YouTube videos. Not stable enough for daily driver
        Last edited by BrookerA; 06-30-2018, 11:06.

Comment

Is there no possible way to boot into twrp on here? tried everything, doesnt seem to work. Works fine on s912 & s905w boxes

Comment

Please help tried downoading the firmware with the enclosed latest usb burning tool and I received this error, any idea how to fix it, please reply.
            update; When I used usb burning tool version 2.05.15 instead I do not have this error but cannot get past 7% loading, then discovered that my device is always discoverable (connected) whether I puss the recovery button or not, could that be my problem?
            Any help and specially Lewy's will truly be appreciated, thanks
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by minonano; 06-29-2018, 18:56. Reason: update to my status

Comment

I tried installing this ROM using both SD card and the USB burning tool, neither were successful. With SD card, on the upgrading screen it showed an android with a red circle with an X through it. With USB burning tool it said [0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result. Full log can be found at this link

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Any idea why it didn't work for me? I had a similar fail using the Nougat ROM for Tanix TX7 on this box via SD card method. For now I had to reinstall Magendanz marshmallow nano rom. For reference, my Mini M8S II has the blue motherboard with a sheep on it, not sure if there are other variants of the hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Edit: Followed the settings here and it flashed successfully using 10/80 temperature range. But when I unplug from the computer and plug the power back, the board is not powered. I don't see the front LED or the optical port light turn on. The box doesn't respond to my remote or USB keyboard. When I plug in the USB cable to my laptop, the optical light turns on and I have to pin short so USB Burning Tool recognizes the box. Any ideas?
              Last edited by fattest; 07-01-2018, 03:33.

Comment

Could this be converted to ATV?

Comment

I will make atv rom, but still waiting for 8.1 sdk
                  Everything is possible if we work together!
                  ApkFreak

Comment

working on u2c z pro s905x 2gb. How do you get the remote control back to work? Great work!

Comment

This remote control of mini m8s pro or w95 work's prfecpe
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Does the firmware on the green board work? (Mini M8S II) And I understand it will be the version of ATV?

Comment

Originally posted by aviraz View Post
                          Does the firmware on the green board work? (Mini M8S II) And I understand it will be the version of ATV?
                          I think they are waiting for 8.1 SDK

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
                            Please help tried downoading the firmware with the enclosed latest usb burning tool and I received this error, any idea how to fix it, please reply.
                            update; When I used usb burning tool version 2.05.15 instead I do not have this error but cannot get past 7% loading, then discovered that my device is always discoverable (connected) whether I puss the recovery button or not, could that be my problem?
                            Any help and specially Lewy's will truly be appreciated, thanks
                            reintall windows.

Comment

Originally posted by mark-1978 View Post

reintall windows.
                              Scary response, I would not re-install my windows!

Comment

could be some memory error, either with the box or with the computer. Or the box simply isn't a p212.

Comment

Working...
                                X