Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zelder View Post
    Id you try doing it in network settings? Choose manual and then go through the wizard
    There is no wizard or any such option for the Ethernet connection. That connection does not even show up in the Network settings. Only Wireless is shown as an option.

But if there is a way to get to the Ethernet connection, can you please walk me thru?

Comment

Dear. I have an android tv box mini m8s 2g ram and aml soc s905. Is there a possibility that Oreo can install? as I read in a post yoursI quote
      As Android Oreo for S905 / S905x is quite new there may be some bags.
      I will also make Oreo for first generation of Mini M8S with S905 processor "

please help me...

Comment

Hello! Install your ROM in my television box, it has a s905x SOC processor, 2gb of RAM, the commercial model is t95x.

I tell you that WIFI does not work or the remote control, I was reading about the remote control and in oreo there is no longer the file remote.conf, so they told me should I re-compile the kernel so that it supports the new keymap is it so this?.

Regarding the WIFI, when I activate the Wi-Fi continuously remains off, there is no way that it works.

I clarify that you install atvveexperience and everything works without any problem, thus discarding Hardware problem.

I love your rom for the speed, it is extremely clean and fast but unfortunately I do not know how to operate the remote and the wifi.

If you can help me thank you very much

Comment

dear levy

tanx alot for your very nice rom but, like othe friends herre, i wana know if it is possible to able change native resolution to 4k and hdr becose at this moment i cant use 4k app.

tanx again for your work keep working

have good day

Comment

Is there any update.zip for oreo. I couldnt connect mini android box to usb burning tool. I will try with sd card update zip.
            is there any solution to watch netflix hd with my box, thanks.

Comment

Dear levy

I fund it in my self for change résolution 4k. For who still asking about that you can cat more option in other icon option in the all app place you have on icon settings and in you can changer résolution .

Tanx again for your nicely job.

Have good day

Comment

Not able to make the remote work well. Any suggestions on how to fix the Remote issues? I am currently able to put a USB receiver based remote and it seems to be doing OK. But not all buttons work well. Was wondering if there is any way to fix it. Most of the time there is an issue with Remotes. I think Android developers show make it really simple to integrate remote config files. Or just have an app that could help reconfigure the key strokes.

Comment

hi levy
                  did you have stop the dev on this room?
                  are you will give 8.1 update?
                  are you alive?
                  we love you

live long and prosper

have good day

Comment

No 8.1 sources avilible so no update.
                    Still waiting.
                    Everything is possible if we work together!
                    ApkFreak

Comment

Ok ty for washing.
                      we love you he hé

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                        No 8.1 sources avilible so no update.
                        Still waiting.
                        Today I have install your rom on my Mini M8s II.
                        Same some advice and error report, I hope you enjoy it:
                        1. I have Mini M8s II 2/16GB (2GB ram and 16GB of internal memory), your rom see only 4GB of internal memory (about 1 used from OS and 3 free);
                        2. After install SD card (16GB) as internal memory, your rom see 32GB on SD (about 16 used from OS and 16 free);
                        3. The OS seems optimized for mobile phones not for TV: for example the app page on play store use only central part of the screen, if I try to scroll files on Solid Explorer the files are drag not list moved;
                        4. On status bar I can see battery icon;
                        5. Using an air mouse this is not very precise, sometimes is hard to press the buttons.

Are you work on something of these problem?

Thanks for your works.

Comment

It seems like they didn't release 8.1 but they did release android 9.0 http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

Comment

I made 2 firmwares based on the Levy android 8.1 firmware thanks to the project treble.
                            s1a1g1e1r1t has 9 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

Comment

Hi Levy,
                              Been using your 8.0 build for months now and so far so good. Not one single issue.
                              But I had a question about the recovery. I see the build uses a stock type of recovery.
                              Is it possible to install a TWRP recovery and still have 8.0 work properly?
                              I have one compatible recovery that I've been using for other Mini MS8 II boxes and wanted to install it on this 8.0 version.

Thank you and much appreciate your work.

Comment

This rom actually brought my Mecool MS8 Pro+ back to life. Like a few users wrote before, it works on the boxes from the faulty batch (SEC 652 to 713).

Unfortunately, flashing the Android TV Oreo ROM breaks the box again.

Could anyone tell me how to get a more Android TV like experience on this Rom?

Installing Leanback Launcher should be easy but how do I control it with the remote only and how do I install Android TV apps instead of the refular once?

Probably editing build.prop and changing some files?

Comment

Working...
                                X