Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tronsmart CX View Post
    This rom actually brought my Mecool MS8 Pro+ back to life. Like a few users wrote before, it works on the boxes from the faulty batch (SEC 652 to 713).

Unfortunately, flashing the Android TV Oreo ROM breaks the box again.

Could anyone tell me how to get a more Android TV like experience on this Rom?

Installing Leanback Launcher should be easy but how do I control it with the remote only and how do I install Android TV apps instead of the refular once?

Probably editing build.prop and changing some files?
    I have a Mecool M8S Pro + from the faulty batch as well, exactly which ROM worked are you able to provide a link to the ROM?

What benefits did this new ROM have over the standard Mecool ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

I have a Mecool M8S Pro + from the faulty batch as well, exactly which ROM worked are you able to provide a link to the ROM?

What benefits did this new ROM have over the standard Mecool ROM?
      It's the ROM posted on the first page of this thread. My box was broken after trying to update my box from the faulty batch.

Flashing this rom fixed my box.

The main benefit is obviously that my box works again. You will also get a Oreo ROM (instead of Nougat) without any bloat ware. This ROM is fast and stable.

Just make sure to disable Bluetooth after flashing the Rom. You have to edit build.prop in /Vendor folder. It's done in 10 seconds. Restart your box and enjoy

Comment

It's the ROM posted on the first page of this thread. My box was broken after trying to update my box from the faulty batch.

Flashing this rom fixed my box.

The main benefit is obviously that my box works again. You will also get a Oreo ROM (instead of Nougat) without any bloat ware. This ROM is fast and stable.

Just make sure to disable Bluetooth after flashing the Rom. You have to edit build.prop in /Vendor folder. It's done in 10 seconds. Restart your box and enjoy
        Thanks for quick response.

Am I correct in assuming that you have to disable Bluetooth because the box doesn't have Bluetooth? Never been in build.prop before is there a link how to disable Bluetooth?

How do you get the box into load new ROM mode, is there a pinhole on bottom of the box?

It's my mates box I don't have it here so I can't look see, I will need to convince him to let me install the new ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Thanks for quick response.

Am I correct in assuming that you have to disable Bluetooth because the box doesn't have Bluetooth? Never been in build.prop before is there a link how to disable Bluetooth?

How do you get the box into load new ROM mode, is there a pinhole on bottom of the box?

It's my mates box I don't have it here so I can't look see, I will need to convince him to let me install the new ROM.
          Yes, you have to disable it because it doesn't have Bluetooth. This ROM is actually made for a box which has Bluetooth which results in an error message that pops up every 10 - 30 seconds.

You need an App like Root Explorer or Solid Explorer. Navigate to /Vendor and open build.prop. It's basically a text file. Scroll down till you see disable Bluetooth and edit one line: Instead of "false" write "true".

For flashing this ROM you need Armlogic USB burning tool. Start the tool, load the Rom and press "Start". The reset button is on the right side. A paper clip will do the job.

Hold the reset button and connect a male to male USB cable to the box. Flashing will start immediately.

​​​​​​The procedure is described in more detail somewhere in this thread

Comment

Tronsmart, thanks again for responses, I'm downloading the ROM from OP, then I'll talk to my mate.

Comment

This rom actually brought my Mecool MS8 Pro+ back to life. Like a few users wrote before, it works on the boxes from the faulty batch (SEC 652 to 713).

Unfortunately, flashing the Android TV Oreo ROM breaks the box again.

Could anyone tell me how to get a more Android TV like experience on this Rom?

Installing Leanback Launcher should be easy but how do I control it with the remote only and how do I install Android TV apps instead of the refular once?

Probably editing build.prop and changing some files?
              Reading through the thread pages, it appears wifi may not work.

Did wifi still work OK after you burn ROM in OP?

I only have wifi connection and would not wish to lose wifi.

Comment

I turned off Bluetooth using the Root Uninstaller application.

Comment

Can someone please help me with the remote? I cannot type anything and it has become very frustrating. My original remote does not work. So I purchased Harmony Hub. I have tried different Android TV boxes on it and one of them allows me to navigate and select. But I cannot type anything. Can someone suggest a box (manufacturer and model) whose remote works just fine with this build? I have been very happy with it except for the remote part. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I will continue to try other boxes and see I am able to type (by type I mean the keyboard appears in the bottom but I cannot go to the keys to do anything so I am unable to type)

Comment

This rom is very nice/fast. 2 issues, and I think fixing 1 will fix the other?
                    1) the update doesn't work. Any chance for a roll-up img file? or a tip to make ota work?
                    2) can't see external HDD. Is this fixed in updates?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Guys

Plugged in male to male between Mini M8S II and laptop, run the burn tool, but unable to detect the box. I even tried the toothpick b4 connecting to USB without success.

Am I missing something or steps here?

Previously on other Z69 Mini I didn't had any problem

Pls adv

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
                        Hi Guys

Plugged in male to male between Mini M8S II and laptop, run the burn tool, but unable to detect the box. I even tried the toothpick b4 connecting to USB without success.

Am I missing something or steps here?

Previously on other Z69 Mini I didn't had any problem

Pls adv

Thanks
                        Try different version of the burn tool.

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                          No 8.1 sources avilible so no update.
                          Still waiting.
                          Where would one find 8.1 sources to provide you have a copy?

Are more WiFi options dependent on 8.1 sources, I have bad batch Mecool M8S Pro+?

Comment

8.1 SDK you can get only from amlogic. Amlogic or anyone who get the source from them should upload the SDK to github or anywhere else. For now there is no way for a cammon user to get the SDK.
                            Everything is possible if we work together!
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                              8.1 SDK you can get only from amlogic. Amlogic or anyone who get the source from them should upload the SDK to github or anywhere else. For now there is no way for a cammon user to get the SDK.
                              Thanks for response, unfortunately I don't have access to 8.1.

What about working WiFi on bad batch Mecool M8S Pro+, is that dependent on 8.1?

Comment

where can i find ROM for mini m8s 1 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X