Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01520717 View Post
    I was working on another project when I realized why this isn't loading on my Android box.

In the boot log, I noticed I have one of those boxes that was sold as having 2GB RAM but only one rank is recognized so only 1GB is usable. I edited Lewy's DTB for 1GB of RAM and now it runs fine on my box.

If Lewy's image won't boot on your box, use the Customization tool to unpack the first level then replace the _aml_dtb.PARTITION with the one attached here and repack the image. Then it should run on your box. I even took Lewy's update and it applied fine, i.e. it didn't change the DTB.
    The last time that i tried to install this rom on my Sammix R95s did not worked says a error at 2% can you tell me any way to install this rom on my tvbox.

Thanks 01520717

Comment

Most likely also dtb is the couse.
      Everything is possible if we work together!
      ApkFreak

Comment

I recommend using a USB 3.0 port if your computer has one. If not, try a different computer and see if that helps it proceed past 7%.

Comment

Trongle S3 (Mini m8s2 clone) install and works but " Bluetooth keep stopping" message keep in front...

Comment

This is friggin awesome, lewy20041! Were you able to compile the Khadas VIM Source pretty much as is, or did it require a bunch of tweaks to work with the generic Amlogic p212 reference board?

Comment

There has to be some changes but not that much.
              the most important chnge was in bootloader. There is a board check witch need to be disabled to get it work on other devices.
              Last edited by lewy20041; 04-11-2018, 08:50.
              ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                There has to be some changes but not that much.
                the most important chnge was in bootloader. There is a board check witch need to be disabled to get it work on other devices.
                Considering u-boot is compiled separately from the kernel and android, maybe a person could compile u-boot for the Amlogic S905X and compile the kernel and Android for KVIM. Theoretically this should work fine and it would save the time of having to manually edit the KVIM u-boot code and it would add some functionality like support for multiple DTBs to the bootloader. Whether it actually works in practice is a totally different question...

Comment

Does the airmouse mx3 work out of the box in this build?

Comment

hello
                    really nice looking ROM.
                    i tested it on my X96 2GB/16GB.
                    everything works fine so far, but i also have problems with Bluetooth, continuous error message window
                    i hope you could fix the Bluetooth

SajetS

Comment

Sorry for the offtopic: lewy20041. Could you please answer my private message? I'm desperately in need.

Comment

hi z69 3gb 32gb android box dont update.fail usb burning tool

Comment

Originally posted by ysengoz View Post
                          hi z69 3gb 32gb android box dont update.fail usb burning tool
                          Chances are, you have to edit the DTB so it supports your box's 3GB of RAM

Comment

Originally posted by 01520717 View Post
                            Considering u-boot is compiled separately from the kernel and android, maybe a person could compile u-boot for the Amlogic S905X and compile the kernel and Android for KVIM. Theoretically this should work fine and it would save the time of having to manually edit the KVIM u-boot code and it would add some functionality like support for multiple DTBs to the bootloader. Whether it actually works in practice is a totally different question...
                            I tried compiling u-boot using gxl_p212_v1_defconfig and then compiling oreo with kvim_defconfig and that worked fine, i.e. the compile finished and the resulting image booted up properly on my Android box.

That method saves a couple of steps versus having to edit the kvim source before compiling u-boot. Plus by default it supports multiple DTBs so the image would work on a 1GB, 2GB or 3GB box.

Thanks to lewy for showing us oreo works on our Android boxes. Now we have something new to play with!

Comment

hello

is there any solution for the Bluetooth error message screen? message screen?

SajetS

Comment

You could probably delete bluetooth.apk from system partition using twrp. Just place twrp(rename to kernel.img) and dtb.img on external sd or pendrive and reboot the unit.
                                ApkFreak

Comment

Working...
                                X