Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Android Oreo
    Tested with Mini M8S II
    (Possible to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180310-115228.png Views:	2 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	713970

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180314-142852.png Views:	1 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	714381

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180310-115241.png Views:	2 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	713969

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180310-115317.png Views:	1 Size:	33.6 KB ID:	713971

Stock remote colour buttons:
    *Red - Screenshot
    *Green - Music App
    *Yellow - Browser
    *Blue - Recent Apps

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - Ethernet
    - Bluetooth
    - USB
    - MicroSD Slot
    - Playstore
    - Remote
    - CEC
    - Passtrough (also in official kodi 17)
    - Adjust Refreash Rate (tested in spmc 16.7.4, mediacodec surface disabled)
    - Led
    - Power Off
    - Sleep
    - StatusBar, NavigationBar
    *fully immersive, just swipe from up for statusbar and from down for navigationbar
    - Ota Updates
    - Etc.

Whats not working:
    - Webcams (not working with stock camera but works with USB Camera app in playstore and probably more similar apps)
    link to camera app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sbcamera&hl=pl
    - Mic (Same as webcams)

Whats new:
    - 64bit
    - New bootloader compiled from source
    *selinux permisive
    *auto multiboot function:
    (example: -libreelec- just put kernel.img and dtb.img to boot from external devices like sdcard or usb)
    (example: -armbian- to boot linux the bootloader will serch for s905_autoscript on sd or usb)

- init.d support

- Youtube 4K60FPS

- New kernel compiled from source

- Firmware build with sdk

- SystemUI Tuner

NavigationBar will be disable by default becose some apps are not compatible and dont scale properly,
    to enable it just remove # in build.prop from #qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

As Android Oreo for S905/S905x is quite new there may be some bags.
    I will also make Oreo for first generation of Mini M8S with S905 procesor.
    What bugs? I cant find all bugs by myself so, if there is a bug please report and i will try to fix it for future versions.
    Firmware is Rooted.
    Also i changed the default UI resolution to 720p for performance.
    If you wish to have UI in 1080p you need to change /vendor/mesondisplay.cfg and also /system/build.prop lcd.density to 240. Later will add switch to change ui resolution in the firmware. And also ota updates.

Download:
    LINK
    Use latest "Burning tools included"

(All Donations even small are really appreciated)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lewy20041; 03-17-2018, 10:27.
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Nice one Lewy

another Freaktab First O on Tv Box. Way to keep us on the leader board..... now I'll have to dig that box out again Thanks lmao...
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Glad to see you back Lewy, always enjoy your builds.......
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks,

Updated few things today, like working led, youtube 4k, more apps compatible with playstore and some other things i dont remember Rom should be up in few days.
        ApkFreak

Comment

Sounding very good Lewy.......
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Nice work m8!
            wait a bit more and you should have 8.1 available in a few weeks (i have it but cant share it because of work )

Comment

Sadly i dont have acces to 8.1:" when i get sources for 8.1 i will release ota update so the users will be able to update stright from the box. Will add update future to the rom before relising it.
              Last edited by lewy20041; 03-13-2018, 21:00.
              ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                Sadly i dont have acces to 8.1:" when i get sources for 8.1 i will release ota update so the users will be able to update stright from the box. Will add update future to the rom before relising it.

Comment

First post updated with download link.
                  Testers needed!
                  ApkFreak

Comment

Installed it on my X9 box, same as the Mini M8S 2. Burning it to my box, using the provided burn tool in your zip worked perfectly, took a little over 5.5 minutes to burn. Connected it to my TV, but now it is hung up in the loading screen, 4 colored circles going round and round. Will wait for a few more minutes and try again........

Edit. Pulled the power plug and plugged it back in, working now.......... Will set it up and post a video............. thanks.

Edit 2: All I can say is "WOW", it is fast. It downloads my apps from the Google Play Store fast.

Edit: Video showing how it works.

Lewy from Freaktab has ported the Android Oreo version to the Amlogic S905x boxes.https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players...
                    Last edited by clarkss12; 03-16-2018, 15:18.

Comment

Very nice video Also CEC in settings is for control the unit with tv remote.
                      ApkFreak

Comment

Looking good indead,

Installed on Mini M8S

First boot sat and hung Like in Clakies Vid, pull power all good.
                        Setup easy, good updates etc,
                        Even an OTA already excellent

Using Logitech k400 not 100% smooth, with mouse and left click sometimes jumps about....more checking to be done on that
                        Remote as seen in Video ok.

Can't add widgets message touch and hold,
                        How to drag Apps from from list to Lower Bar ?

Snappy indeed,

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok, noted. Will try to do something about cursor in leter versions. As to the launcher you can try any other from playstore it should be fine. Maby i will fix this for next versions or just replace with difreant one.

Thanks for pointing out the bugs. It will help future development
                          ApkFreak

Comment

Will tinker about see what other unknowns can be found, looks great

Yes a different launcher, easiest fix
                            Thanks
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to lewy20041 and the testers, I will this a shot when I get a chance.

Does this rom have the brightness 'fix'?
                              Last edited by rahzel; 03-17-2018, 18:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X