Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shkumba View Post
    This remote control of mini m8s pro or w95 work's prfecpe
    thought under system/etc or system/vendor/etc there are remote.cfg files with the keymapping in it. But still can't seem to make it 100% working.

Comment

Originally posted by mark-1978 View Post
      could be some memory error, either with the box or with the computer. Or the box simply isn't a p212.
      P212 is printed on the board, as for the recovery always on, maybe from trying to constantly pushing the reset button, its stock there?
      I also tried different PC with W8 instead of W10, recovery still on. Even by using the SDcard maker, no need to push the button, but will load until about 5% the stops...
      Would love to revive this box taht I cannot even call bricked (recovery always on).

Sorry P212 is not printed on the board but it is S905X, are'nt all S905X P212 board?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by minonano; 07-06-2018, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post

P212 is printed on the board, as for the recovery always on, maybe from trying to constantly pushing the reset button, its stock there?
        I also tried different PC with W8 instead of W10, recovery still on. Even by using the SDcard maker, no need to push the button, but will load until about 5% the stops...
        Would love to revive this box taht I cannot even call bricked (recovery always on).

Sorry P212 is not printed on the board but it is S905X, are'nt all S905X P212 board?
        There's the older s905x and the newer s905x. If this oreo doesn't work for you, you probably have a newer board. You can try www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/?s=p212 and use the newest rom.

Comment

Mark
          so you think my problem in incomplete loading is wrong rom, and not defective board?
          Last edited by minonano; 07-08-2018, 05:51.

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
            Mark
            so you think my problem in incomplete loading is wrong rom, and not defective board?
            Think you have a p21x board. It's newer variant. Try chinagadgetreviews.com and search for p21x.

Comment

I flashed this fw to my M8S pro+ with success. Now i want go back to my original rom. BurningTool or Windows 10 will not recognize my box anymore.
              What is the best way to go back with this fw to 7.1.2 without BurningTool?

Comment

Originally posted by blackThirteen View Post
                I flashed this fw to my M8S pro+ with success. Now i want go back to my original rom. BurningTool or Windows 10 will not recognize my box anymore.
                What is the best way to go back with this fw to 7.1.2 without BurningTool?
                Are you able to get into the Android Recovery?
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Ok,
                  i tested to flash back in recovery with zipfile. But i get updateerror. Looks like the update.zip think, that my box is no more Meccol M8S pro+.
                  Do i have to edit the build.prop?

edit:
                  My box has no resetbutton. I always brick the pins with some paperclip. Before flashing this image it always worked.

And i have also no luck with burncardmaker, because of my reset problem. Maybe because of this i have also no luck with windows 10 anymore.

edit2:
                  Ok, i will check if i can mod the updater-script to flash the zip.

edit3:
                  With editing the updater-script and flash again i get "Signature verification failed", Error 21 :-(

edit4:

So now i need help. I thought, installing twrp could help me to pass the signature check. So i flashed this zip

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-0-probox2-air

now i have no more recovery. I also extracted the recovery to the internal storage and used terminal with the command:

su dd if=/sdcard/your_custom_recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery

Is that right? Or need i another targetlocation? Because no recovery come up.

edit5:

Now i tried also this recovery without success.

Maybe a problem because of using oreo?
                  Last edited by blackThirteen; 07-10-2018, 22:02.

Comment

Hii guys,

Oreo runs great so far, but I have a strange problem:
                    I canĀ“t shutdown the box - it always reboots after shutting down...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

anyone try install new Android Tv Home launcher?

Run only Android Oreo

Comment

@lewy20041

where is the recovery located in your cfw? /dev/block/recovery or something else? I flashed twrp and now recovery is gone.

Comment

If you flashed twrp it moust likely want boot as kernel in twrp is not compatible with the oreo dtb. You can try to disamble twrp and recovery and switch kernels than it might work but it want be fully compatible. You could try your recovery before flashing by placing it on the root of the sd card renaming it to kernel.img with dtb.img
                          Everything is possible if we work together!
                          ApkFreak

Comment

uh ok, hardcore for me. How can i get my right dtb.img and how can i then test it, if it can work?

edit:
                            can you please provide your orig oreo recovery? And, can i flash back to Nougat with your oreo recovery?

Comment

You can use twrp for nugat or marshmalow, you just need to have right dtb. So download orig firmware for your box most likely for mini m8s ii should work also if this rom worked for you. It mast be .zip firmware not the img so you can easly unpack with 7zip or winrar. Rename twrp to kernel.img and place it with dtb.img on sdcard or pendrive. Insert into the box and reboot. It should boot to twrp.
                              Everything is possible if we work together!
                              ApkFreak

Comment

Ok, i extracted the dtb from Magendanz Mecool M8S Pro+ cfw and renamed recovery.img to kernel.img. Put both to my fat32 16Gb micro sdcard
                                The box stuck at bootbackgroundlogo (Android O by levy), nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X