Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is difficult editing remote configurations in a device tree so some Nougat and newer boxes have a specialized program, e.g. remotecfg, that runs during the box's startup process to load remote configurations from the old-style remote.conf file.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
      Thanks! I guess I will try it!

I am still thinking of one thing:

There are Nougat DTBs without customcode (=factorycode) inside BUT with etc\remote.conf....

The DTBs with customcode inside do not have etc\remote.conf but have (in my case) remote_mouse1.tab, remote_mouse2.tab in etc\

Maybe, if customcode is missing in DTB then device looksup etc\remote.conf?
      In android 8 i have in my /vendor/etc files remote.tab1 , remote.tab2 , remote.tab3 .

Comment

I just unpacked and made a screenshot....this is contents of level 2:Click image for larger version  Name:	Oreo_unpacked.png Views:	1 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	765683

Windows says it is .sys file?

When opening as txt file this is content: !<symlink>&#255;&#254;/ v e n d o r

Curious....I thought I could open it yesterday as txt file and it showed some chinese chars...like this:

xxxxxxx\vendor...weired ..maybe I dreamed of it lol

01520717 any idea how to manage to loadup remotecfg to be able to load old remote.conf?

Comment

That file is a symlink to vendor partition. Thats how it works in oreo.As to remote.cfg it wont work in this rom. Buttons mappings are hardcoded in dtb.
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

If you look at the Poison ROMs, they run remotecfg as a service. If I remember right, it is defined in init.amlogic.rc.

The problem with going this route is that you'll have either find a copy of remotecfg that's compiled for the kernel version used in lewy's ROM or you'll have to find the source code and compile it yourself. I've never looked for the source code so I don't know if it is publicly available.

Comment

thanks for the hint!!

Comment

Ok, I wouldLiketo share a Very responsive regular 7.1.2 but Remote codes are hardcoded. Maybe I could try remotecfg from Poison rom to get Remote.conf working....worth trying

but I am not a dev..

Comment

Program to open and edit amlogic downloads.Similar to Amlogic tool Ricky Divjakovsky.

Comment

IR Remote Configuration Utility for Amlogic devices.

Comment

how to use?

Comment

how to use?
                        I myself have not figured it out.Little information.In this github account , there is also amlogic.

Comment

how to use?
                          Ask Stane1983.He also does this and he is here on the site freaktab.

Comment

stane1983 : Could you kindly add more details on github for amremote and how to use. Could it be helpful while dealing with hardcoded remote information?

Comment

[QUOTE = soldiaz; n768173] stane1983 : Не могли бы вы добавить дополнительную информацию о github для amremote и о том, как его использовать. Может ли это быть полезным при работе с жестко закодированной удаленной информацией? [/ QUOTE]

Я перешел на новую. Мне нужно использовать ее в Ubuntu. Есть использование
                              remote.cfg
                              IR remote configuration utility for Amlogic devices - GitHub - Stane1983/amremote at new
                              Last edited by sagert; 04-05-2019, 07:12.

Comment

Excellent ROM!!! Very pleased with it. It brought new functionality to my X9 - I can stream with HBO Go now.

One major issue that I have... When in Titanium Backup, I want to use my external microSD card as the backup location. Whenever I try to change it to external microSD (TB --> Menu --> Preference -->Backup folder location --> (click to change) --> DocumentProvider storage ) it returns to TB home page. I can not select the external microSD card. Also, when I go into Setting --> Storage and select my external SD card, I get a dialogue box indicating that "Settings has stopped".) How to fix? (I tried reloading ExternalStorage Provider by clicking on the apk and even loading it with TWRP. Nothing changed.) Had the same problem when I formatted the external microSD as extended memory -- I would prefer microSD to be formatted as Portable storage.) I downloaded your zip file 4 times, and reloaded the image on my X9, and have the same issues. Please help. Thanks in advance.

BTW, using ATV Launcher (free verison) and it works great with this ROM.
                                Last edited by razpuli; 05-03-2019, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X