Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagert View Post

On 37 page post 555 download the firmware.I made 2 firmware.Install using usb burning tool v 2.1.7.Everything is changing.I couldn't do firmware before.Now i can do differently.
    Great. First impression is responsive. I'll test it more in coming days. Perhaps you should start your own thread for this rom where we could test it and provides feedback, updates, etc

Comment

Originally posted by canadien View Post

Great. First impression is responsive. I'll test it more in coming days. Perhaps you should start your own thread for this rom where we could test it and provides feedback, updates, etc
      How to do it?

Comment

Did someone try one of the recent firmwares on a box from the faulty batch (SEC 652 to 713)? Does one of the Android TV firmwares boot?

Comment

anyone has tested on beelink mxIII ?

Comment

I have been playing with this ROM for a few hours. So here is what I have found so far.

1) Difficult to control apps & UI with mouse as it seems the trigger areas for different apps don't always work when pressed or isn't accurate. Also mouse roller don't work with some Apps like ES text editor etc.

2) For some reason my internet connection via the Ethernet port is incredibly slow.

3) Factory resetting the firmware puts the box frozen in boot animation and don't reset the box.

4) I flashed this firmware into my Mini M8S II via Amlogic USB tools and selected (Force Erase All) inc bootloader to be erased however it seems it did not erase the Android 6 bootloader.

5) Android System WebView is very old and therefore watching videos in web browser in HD is not possible. Tried to put in a updated Android System WebView from Play Store however it crashes and wont work.
            Last edited by DrDroid; 11-10-2019, 14:02.

Comment

Tested on DIVERMAX SPEEDBOX LITE: s905x 1 and 8 GB (the original rom for this box is so unstable).
              I replace the _aml_dtb.PARTITION with Customization tool, as previously recommended in this post for the 1 and 8 GB memory.
              At first boot runs good, this box have a wiffi remote and no problems (i try with oters remotes boxes and these don't work), only the constant message of bluetooth is annoying, but after of firts reboot the frequency decreased.

I installed a new launcher and now the functionality improved more than with the factory rom.

Comment

Originally posted by MULDER View Post
                Tested on DIVERMAX SPEEDBOX LITE: s905x 1 and 8 GB (the original rom for this box is so unstable).
                I replace the _aml_dtb.PARTITION with Customization tool, as previously recommended in this post for the 1 and 8 GB memory.
                At first boot runs good, this box have a wiffi remote and no problems (i try with oters remotes boxes and these don't work), only the constant message of bluetooth is annoying, but after of firts reboot the frequency decreased.

I installed a new launcher and now the functionality improved more than with the factory rom.

Bluetooth.apk can be removed by the /system/app/Bluetooth.apk path.

Comment

Bluetooth.apk can be removed by the /system/app/Bluetooth.apk path.

Tanks! Bluetoth repaired.
                  But, there is some hack to repair the constant disconnection of the wifi?
                  Specifications for DIVERMAX SPEEDBOX LITE: s905x wifi says IEEE 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz

Comment

Originally posted by MULDER View Post

Tanks! Bluetoth repaired.
                    But, there is some hack to repair the constant disconnection of the wifi?
                    Specifications for DIVERMAX SPEEDBOX LITE: s905x wifi says IEEE 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz
                    Here on the site there are firmware for Android 9 for amlogic s905x.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning
                        I have an MXQ PRO 4K tv box with android 6.0.1;
                        tell me if you can upgrade to android 7?.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fabinus View Post
                          Good morning
                          I have an MXQ PRO 4K tv box with android 6.0.1;
                          tell me if you can upgrade to android 7?.
                          Thanks
                          Your prefix with which processor?Here ,look or enter your prefix in the Google search.

Comment

Your prefix with which processor?Here ,look or enter your prefix in the Google search.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=780574
                            I attach photos
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by fabinus View Post
                              I attach photos

It seems to me Rockchip.I don’t know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X