Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexbox A95X Pro Android TV OS 2GB/16GB Netflix 720P YT4K S905W 4K Voice Remote 2.4G WiFi LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Brunomsg (http://freaktab.com/member/114312-brunomsg) for providing me with the TWRP backup that was sent to him, my Nexbox A95X Pro is now back to stock firmware. It was a little tricky, and I thought I may end up losing my Widevine DRM Level 1 keys, and my hunch proved correct. So, everything is just as it came out of the box, EXCEPT that dang DRM keys.

This has been a long learning experience. The key are stored in one of the files that I copied over for his backup to my box, and it over wrote my keys. I am guessing the keys inside that file does not match my hardware, so that is why I lost my keys. Guess it is possible to find that file with the keys and see what hardware it is looking for, but beyond my skill level.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe
      Did you restore the Keys and Bootloader?
      I think you should restore a full backup to get your DRM Keys back, not just the system.
      I think there were about 13 files in his backup and I copied all of them to my backup that I created using TWRP, so my DRM keys are up in heaven with all the other good little DRM KEYS.... Originally, I only replaced the system (largest file), but could not get past the boot screen. I pulled the pin on the hand grenade, know that if it went off, it would kill my DRM keys, and it DID.

Me thinks, one of those files has the descriptor that has to match the hardware that it is installed on......
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

clarkss12 I think that the problem could be solved, but I need to get the right ESN for my box...

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe
          I'll provide you a new backup. My A95X Pro is yet to be delivered and once it does, I'll help you.
          Thank you, Nayam.....

Comment

Nice, When you receive it, do a twrp backup before booting it for the first time, ok? To get it stock and without the OTA upgrade
            Do you know how to do this?

Comment

Thanks! Let's see if it was the solution for us

Comment

Originally posted by brunomsg View Post
                Thanks! Let's see if it was the solution for us
                I am afraid my/our DRM keys have passed on....... Never to be seen again....

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I am afraid my/our DRM keys have passed on....... Never to be seen again....
                  Totally not that if you flash m8s rom again you get your keys back for you to get the original keys you need to flash the original rom in the TWRP backup is missing some other hidden partitions that are not being backed up I will show you tommorow I am at work cant do it now

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Totally not that if you flash m8s rom again you get your keys back for you to get the original keys you need to flash the original rom in the TWRP backup is missing some other hidden partitions that are not being backed up I will show you tommorow I am at work cant do it now
                    That would be truly awesome!!!

Comment

Hi mate here is a picture of what I was talking about just for you to know that it's not bulshit some people talk about what they don't know I have a small video showing this but I don't know why I can't upload it here but here is a link if you wanna see it https://mega.nz/#!qUIx2ZKA!9NeT7UwjF...Aa8OaBZS7z-GZM
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• NayamAmarshe
                        NayamAmarshe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're actually right. I think the reason why he couldn't get drm back was because he didn't flash all the partitions.

I think not! I think the reason is because the ESN which the DRM libs gets from somewere on the system while loading (some part of the software that changes while flashing from a TWRP) don't match the ESN that the DRM was expecting. I saw some guys with a similar problem caused by the same reason but with NVIDIA Shield. Te solution is to get the original keys from a sector in memory (to get it we need to do a "DD" of a address and with a size of bytes) convert it by "invert the bytes" and place on some file under the restored system...

Comment

Well mates, you talk in a very technical way, but no body answered my questions about how to make integrated Chromecast to work. I finally found was as easy as installing Google home app in my phone. I have a little problem using the sky app too: it says that rooted devices are not compatible, and the rootcloak and magisk hide are not working... anyway, it works in chrome, the same way prime video works. If someone has the sky app and an unrooted devices would be nice to check if it works well that way.

Comment

Originally posted by rafaam View Post
                          Well mates, you talk in a very technical way, but no body answered my questions about how to make integrated Chromecast to work. I finally found was as easy as installing Google home app in my phone. I have a little problem using the sky app too: it says that rooted devices are not compatible, and the rootcloak and magisk hide are not working... anyway, it works in chrome, the same way prime video works. If someone has the sky app and an unrooted devices would be nice to check if it works well that way.

sorry mate I missed your post in the middle of the talking you right, but you can cast with YouTube only, I will looke for a way to emulate the Chromecast functionality there is a video on YouTube about a guy that was able to turn a phone in to a Chromecast but the link for the files he posted is broken anyway I will check some Chromecast ROM and try to port the functionality, I'll post results here

Comment

Hi someone could upload a complete backup on nexbox a95x pro s905w to flash with tarp. or even best img image ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jesusma View Post
                              Hi someone could upload a complete backup on nexbox a95x pro s905w to flash with tarp. or even best img image ? Thanks
                              System partition only without root

its for nexbox not any other if you place it on another machine delete contents of data and cache for it to boot

Comment

Working...
                              X