Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexbox A95X Pro Android TV OS 2GB/16GB Netflix 720P YT4K S905W 4K Voice Remote 2.4G WiFi LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexbox A95X Pro Android TV OS 2GB/16GB Netflix 720P YT4K S905W 4K Voice Remote 2.4G WiFi LAN

Click image for larger version  Name:	defcf51c-ae75-4dc9-a7ad-f8d956e4aa14.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	719470Specification
    General Brand: Nexbox
    Model: A95X Pro
    Hardware OS: Android TV
    CPU: Amlogic S905W, Quad core ARM Cortex-A53
    GPU: Mali-450 penta-core, up to 750MHz+(DVFS)
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    ROM: 16GB eMMC
    Communication WIFI: Built in 2.4G WiFi, support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Ethernet: 10M/100M
    Media Video decorder: 4K, H.265, MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC/VC1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
    Decoder format: 4K@30fps, H.265, AVI, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4, DIVD/DIVX, Real8/9/10, RM, RMVB, PMP, FLV, MP4, M4V, VOB, WMV, 3GP, MKV
    Music format: MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC, APE, AMR, RA, WAV
    Photo format: JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    Interface 1*HDMI
    2*USB2.0
    1*AV
    1*TF Card slot
    1*RJ45
    1*SPDIF
    1*DC in
    Other Features Language: Chinese, English ,Germany, Japanese, Korea etc. 24 languages
    OTA: Support OTA update
    Network Function: Miracast, Airplay, Skype chatting, Picasa, Youtube, Flicker, Facebook, Online movies, etc.
    Power DC 5V/2A
    LED Indicator Power ON: blue; Standby: Red
    Package Contents 1 x TV Box
    1 x Voice Remote
    1 x Power Adapter(A right power adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x User Manual
    Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 04-12-2018, 20:18.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a look at the

Another in the series of 905w that has HD Netflix (720)

Neat looking unit, BT Dongle Remote
    Let's have a closer look.

The Box

Contents of the Box

Ports

Remove the Base

Couple of screws out with PCB

and the bits that make it happen

Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

H20 White Backlight Full Screen Touchpad Mini 2.4G Wireless Keyboard Air Mouse for TV Box/Pad/Laptop/PC - Black

Also while Testing the a95x I also be having a fiddle with The Newer H20 Keyboard/Mouse this one has buttons previous model was all touch.

Good looking unit also, flip it over and has the Touch mouse pad,
      Fully backlit, the touch pad will stay illuminated for about 5 seconds flashing..

Multifunctional wireless keyboard combines with keyboard, mouse and touchpad.
      Tiny size and lightweight design can make you use the keyboard easier without wire limited.
      Plug and play, no need to install software any more.
      Feature with an auto sleep and wake mode, the user can wake the unit up by pressing any key.
      System Requirements:
      HID compatible USB HOST device
      Window XP Vista, 7/8/10 Linux Android OS with standard USB interface.
      Powered by the built-in lithium ion battery, rechargeable function and long time using.
      Perfect tool for PC, Pad, Android, HTPC, IPTV, HD player and other devices.

Last edited by trebor; 05-10-2018, 03:38.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Lets start to have a look at the

Very Good indeed, one could say I am nearly Impressed, with the startup and how this box is presented, it does as it should and does it well.
        WiFi and set up with Google excellent via Phone Tablet worked as it should.
        Update and installed apps all good.
        Also installed Aptoide TV to get a few extras also easy.

Even an Ota update, great to see.
        Voice remote works well,
        No problems using the small H20 Keyboard as mentioned, only thing no print screen function found yet so back to the k400.

Has a root switch that will be handy, to switch On or Off as required
        Lots more I guess as I find it

Ok a bit of a look around:

UI updating apps

App Draw with apps

System Information

Ota Update

Advanced Settings (Root switch) and More Settings as well

Display

Ram and Storage Truth

DRM Info L1

CPU-Z

Geekbench CPU More Info > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8227710

Geekbench Compute

A1 SD Bench

Last edited by trebor; 05-10-2018, 05:05.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Why does it only support Netflix at 720p? I thought it has Widevine L1. Doesn't that mean it will support Netflix 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by humanoidtypo View Post
            Why does it only support Netflix at 720p? I thought it has Widevine L1. Doesn't that mean it will support Netflix 1080p?
            Just received my box, and YES, it does indeed support Netflix in 1080P with DD+ surround sound.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Just received my box, and YES, it does indeed support Netflix in 1080P with DD+ surround sound.
              Thanks for the help!

Some users in this thread (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-control/page2) are reporting issues with Netflix: "Netflix works in HD but there's a thick grey bar at the bottom and black bars on the sides. Thought it could be not scaling from 720p to 1080p so changed native resolution to 720 but still the same."

Are you having the same issues?

Also, I have an older AVR with only an optical input. Do you know if I can still get Netflix in 5.1 surround sound? I was thinking I could use the optical out port on the A95X Pro (directly connect the box to my AVR). How is your system set up?

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Some users in this thread (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-control/page2) are reporting issues with Netflix: "Netflix works in HD but there's a thick grey bar at the bottom and black bars on the sides. Thought it could be not scaling from 720p to 1080p so changed native resolution to 720 but still the same."

Are you having the same issues?

Also, I have an older AVR with only an optical input. Do you know if I can still get Netflix in 5.1 surround sound? I was thinking I could use the optical out port on the A95X Pro (directly connect the box to my AVR). How is your system set up?
                I have not tested the optical output to my AVR, so not sure if it passes HD audio, but I would "assume" that is will passthrough DD, and possibly DTS. Yes, I get the same bar on the bottom of the screen while playing Netflix. Also, I am only getting 720p from Kodi, and have not figured out why.....

Inexpensive Amlogic S905W SoC Android box running custom version of the Android TV OS..Link to the firmware by NayamAmarshe and his group from ATVXperience h...
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Bar along bottom of screen also noted here
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    Bar along bottom of screen also noted here
                    Amy idea if this will be fixed via an OTA update? The netflix issue is the only thing holding me back from purchasing this. Seems like a good deal for a box w Android TV OS.

Comment

Amy idea if this will be fixed via an OTA update? The netflix issue is the only thing holding me back from purchasing this. Seems like a good deal for a box w Android TV OS.
                      Personally, I would spend more $$$ and get the Mecool M8S Pro L with the Bluetooth Voice Remote.

Comment

I was trying to make a backup of the firmware for this box using Titanium Backup app, but now my box is DEAD. I was missing functions from Titanium, so it think it needed the files form SuperSU. After reading all the horror stories about installing SuperSU killing their Amlogic boxes running Nugget, I figured, what the heck, pulled the pin on the hand grenade and installed SuperSU. Now I am hung up in the Android boot screen.

Guess this box is done for until WE get an img firmware to re-install....... Looking for the reset button now, perhaps in the AV hole....

Edit: from looking at Trebor's pictures of the board, the reset switch is behind the AV hole. Now need to know which of the two USB ports is the OTG port.........

Edit 2: Util they post a firmware, I will run CoreELEC for testing purposes. CoreELEC installed easily, and the remote works, but not WiFi. It does run CoreELEC very well.
                        Last edited by clarkss12; 05-18-2018, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe

Never flash SuperSU without confirmation of working by other people. Magisk is the safest and the new way to install supersu. I hope you fix the box.
                          Well, I JUST confirmed that installing SuperSU WILL kill your device. So, everyone should be grateful for me doing that for them. Someone had to take the lead and try to install it onto this device.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Well, I JUST confirmed that installing SuperSU WILL kill your device. So, everyone should be grateful for me doing that for them. Someone had to take the lead and try to install it onto this device.
                            I also killed my GooBang Doo Abox A4 that is virtually a clone of this box by flashing SuperSU and the binaries. I am also stuck on the Android logo and waiting for a firmware release. Can someone help please?

Comment

Originally posted by NayamAmarshe
                              Flash Tanix Tx3 Mini firmware or atvXperience

Sent from my F3116 using Tapatalk
                              I was planing on trying your ROM on my dead A95X Pro today, will let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X