Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABOX A4 Android 7.1 TV 2/16GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 Amlogic Quad Core A53 2.4GHZ WiFi, Fast lan BT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABOX A4 Android 7.1 TV 2/16GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 Amlogic Quad Core A53 2.4GHZ WiFi, Fast lan BT4

Click image for larger version  Name:	71F3hBYgBvL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	724542

Features: as found

CPU: Amlogic Quad core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit
    GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
    ROM: 2GB DDR3
    RAM: 16GB EMMC FLASH
    Bluetooth: V4.0
    Power Supply: DC 5V 2A
    Power Indicator (LED):Blue(ON); RED(Standby status)
    3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
    HDD file system FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    High Definition video output: 4k*2k
    LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
    Wireless: Support 802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4GHz

More Supports:

Support airplay/DLNA/Miracast &H.265
    Support Decoder Format: HDMPEG1/2/4, H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, XVID/DIVX3/4/5/6, REALVIDEO8/9/10
    Support Media Format: AVI/RM/RMVB/TS/VOB/MKV/MOV/ISO/WMV/ASF/FLV/DAT/MPG/MPEG
    Support Music Format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TRUEHD/HD/FLAC/APE
    Support Photo Format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    Support Language: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian and more.
    Support Widevine L1

What's in the box:
    1 x GooBang Doo ABOX A4 Android TV box
    1 x Power adapter
    1 x HDMI cable
    1 x Remote controller
    1 x User manual

GooBang Doo ABOX A4
    Last edited by trebor; 05-18-2018, 07:29.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have a closer look at the
    ABOX A4 Android 7.1 TV 2/6GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 Amlogic Quad Core A53 2.4GHZ WiFi, Fast lan BT4

Well packaged unit as you will see, many boxes with a box..
    A good looking unit and a bit of shine.

Let's have a look see

The Box

The Boxes all packed well within the box

Whats in the box, and polish cloth, it's rather shiny beast.

Ports

Base

Remove the Lid and Goodness lot going on here.

PCB out and showing case and display

Underside PCB

Topside PCB,plus LED Colour display on lid and WiFi antenna.

GooBang Doo ABOX A4

After the mammoth job of some 11 screws (most I have seen in awhile) back together and fired up...
    Looking Good...

Last edited by trebor; 05-18-2018, 06:54.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Interesting. Especially with THAT CLOCK!
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Is that a RF remote?? It looks like this box comes with the Android TV OS, how about Widevine Level??? Thanks, Trebor....
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Looks like winer level 1 once you order it
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Has it all BT remote no dongle done thru chip,
            L1 yes
            Fancy Clock, knew that would get you,,
            Much the same as the a95x, including the Bar at bottom with Netflix

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Continuing on with the

ABOX A4 Android 7.1 TV 2/6GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 Amlogic Quad Core A53 2.4GHZ WiFi, Fast lan BT4

Great little Unit, Remote works very well indeed and box has a good look with clock, not to bright and a bot of Bling on the lid.

Setup typical ATV style, easy and smooth
              Alsu using Logitech K400 keyboard with ease.

WIfi and Google account easy, update apps install testers no problem

OTA update.

Also has the Root switch is settings as seen in other model

Lets get looking

OTA update at switch on.

UI ATV.

System Information.

DRM L1.

Ram and Storage Truth.

CPU-Z 4xframes.

GeekBench CPU:

More Info:

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8316923

Geekbench Compute:

A1 SD Bench:

When at the Main ATV screen holding the Menu Button for a few seconds will take you into a self testing program
              Items can be tested related to Hardware on the PCB

I think if you are after the ATV experience and require L1 for Netflix this may be a start,
              Temperature is also good no overheating.

Not a Killer speed box but for streaming, casual games etc, second box for that old Monitor may be good to consider.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello, I received this Box but I kind of messed up the firmware when I tried to install Super SU binaries. Now its stuck on the boot up android logo. I have tried to wipe the device using the Android manager where u hold the reset button in the AV hole, access the android recovery menu and select delete all data. That doesn't help. I feel I need a whole fresh firmware. Can anyone help? I have been in contact with the seller but they hardly understand English. They sent me a new one but I'm sure I can fix this one.

And oh here is a code for $30 off the item on Amazon FRPD5RMJ

Comment

So ... anyone want to discuss the fact that this very nice box is actually s905w running at only 1.2Ghz?

Comment

Originally posted by kenennaoyeka View Post
                    Hello, I received this Box but I kind of messed up the firmware when I tried to install Super SU binaries. Now its stuck on the boot up android logo. I have tried to wipe the device using the Android manager where u hold the reset button in the AV hole, access the android recovery menu and select delete all data. That doesn't help. I feel I need a whole fresh firmware. Can anyone help? I have been in contact with the seller but they hardly understand English. They sent me a new one but I'm sure I can fix this one.

I have about 12 different android TV boxes and have had very little success of any kind using a USB A to A cable in recovery mode. I have tried 4 different USB Cables. I can flash and use ADB commands with tablets and phones, no problem. I have never once successfully sent a ADB command to an Android box via USB or even managed to have it show up using the ADB devices command. I have tried at least 3 different Amlogic burning tools, including one sent from a factory that I bought a box from. If you are unable to boot your box into recovery to wipe data and factory restore it, then I wish you every success and a visit from the Amlogic USB tooth fairy, to assist in repairing your broken box.

Comment

A few tips to fix some bugs.

Major Bugs:
                      a) A Grey bar at the bottom of the screen when viewing Netflix, due to Virtual Soft keys still being enabled...

b) I would have expected the Android TV OS - quick Apps switcher / Apps killer to popup in Nougat when I pressed the Home button twice.
                      This seems to be broken with the Firmware.

c) NEW bug - the remote control Channel Up/Down buttons do absolutely nothing - they have not been mapped to anything it seems.
                      Makes such buttons completly useless for Android TV - Live Channels.

This will give you a proper Android TV - 320 density:
                      ro.sf.lcd_density=320

Tweaks and fixes:
                      ==============

1) Start by going into Android Settings > Advanced Settings > Enable Root

2) adb connect (and type su) or by using ES Explorer, edit the /system/build.prop and add these:

# disable Virtual Soft Keys
                      qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

ro.sf.lcd_density=320

3) Install the - Amlogic TV Box Tool app - from the Playstore.
                      Enable Init.d
                      In the Init.d script editor add:

echo 2 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode (runs the GPU at 744 MHz for a noticeably snappier user interface)

and if you really want to push it:

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

4) via an ADB Shell change the GUI display Resolution and display Density to what ever you want:
                      eg:

su
                      wm density 320
                      wm size 1920x1080

I personally still use, otherwise there are issues..
                      wm density 220
                      wm size 1280x720

================

The Device Tree file is hardcoded for a 720p60hz framebuffer:

meson-fb {
                      compatible = "amlogic, meson-fb";
                      memory-region = <0x29>;
                      dev_name = "meson-fb";
                      status = "okay";
                      interrupts = <0x0 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x59 0x1>;
                      interrupt-names = "viu-vsync", "rdma";
                      mem_size = <0xb00000 0x100000>;
                      display_mode_default = "720p60hz";
                      scale_mode = <0x1>;
                      display_size_default = <0x500 0x2d0 0x500 0x870 0x20>;
                      logo_addr = "0x3f000000";

This is what we use with LibreELEC on S9xx devices:

meson-fb {
                      compatible = "amlogic, meson-fb";
                      memory-region = <0x1b>;
                      dev_name = "meson-fb";
                      status = "okay";
                      interrupts = <0x0 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x59 0x1>;
                      interrupt-names = "viu-vsync", "rdma";
                      mem_size = <0x1800000 0x100000>;
                      display_mode_default = "1080p60hz";
                      scale_mode = <0x1>;
                      display_size_default = <0x780 0x438 0x780 0xca8 0x20>;
                      logo_addr = "0x7d851000";

If any of the ROM gurus or developers reading knows how to change the U-boot - meson-fb with a test OTA.zip Firmware update that would be welcome.

I'm impressed with the cool LCD display on this device and the snappy Bluetooth Voice remote.
                      The device seems to be thermally stable and does not get too hot even when I plug in extra performance mods.

The other really cool feature is Flashing LibreELEC Kodi and with the correct gxl_p281_2g_a95xr2.dtb (renamed to dtb.img) this ABOX A4 boots straight into LibreELEC.
                      No stuffing around with reset buttons or anything. That's a first for a Android AMLogic box !

W.
                      Last edited by wrxtasy; 06-28-2018, 05:08.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good info and tweaks

Major Bugs:
                      a) A Grey bar at the bottom of the screen when viewing Netflix, due to Virtual Soft keys still being enabled...

For whatever reason, "A" is not an issue running the Mecool M8S PRO W firmware, on my Nexbox A95X Pro, it did on the stock firmware, though.

Option B under major bug, (b) I would have expected the Android TV OS - quick Apps switcher / Apps killer to popup in Nougat when I pressed the Home button twice.) Try depressing the Home button, and then it should work. Works on my other boxes.

Comment

Just got one of these, and using the stock firmware, amazon prime video can't play content. It does play prime trailers etc fine. The firmware on mine is 7.12 201806071850. Anyone else have the same issue?

Comment

I looked everywhere! Please help, I need the firmware for this. The support is useless and they don't respond.. I bought this on Amazon and it crashed on the first day and now it's stuck on andriod shinny loading screen, I tried wipe cache and factory reset but same thing, left for an hour too. I need stock firmware to flash it.

Comment

Originally posted by kenennaoyeka View Post

I did the same *facepalm* someone help

Comment

Working...
                            X