No announcement yet.

T95m bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this can be frustrating, but once you successfully flash it you'll be very happy.

Comment

Any luck with this device?
      Originally posted by VMat

The two shortest cables I have (6 inches) can't make proper contact. Their tips are a bit shorter than usual, and the connector in the T95m is recessed.

I tried that version 2.05 with the previous cable, still the same error. Frustrating!

I agree, the hardware in this box is probably worth the hassle. It even has the optical port that many of the recent boxes seem to have dropped (and that I like to use). The absurdly bright power LED and the tiny useless clock could be improved, but it's no big deal.

I think I'll have a bit more time to deal with this on the weekend. Then I might dremel-off some of the plastic in the shorter cable to make a better connection. Or maybe I'll try the short pin method. I already re-downloaded the firmware, but the file lengths are identical, I don't think there was an issue on that side (but I'll try to flash the new file just in case).

Thanks again,

VMat
      Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geekstuff4fun View Post
        Any luck with this device?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
        Not really. But I haven't put much effort into it after I tried the links you sent me.

I actually came back here today to say I returned the box. Now I have another one (like this) that I'd like to unbrick too. If you have any specific links about this one that you can share, I'll appreciate it.

And if you don't, thank you anyway. You gave me a good help already.

Cheers,

VMat

Comment

Originally posted by VMat View Post
          Hi folks,

My first post, guess what? Did something stupid, and my box is (half?) bricked. I could use some help. I can understand some technical terms but I never got my head around the Android OS, so please be patient.

This is a T95m (p212) with Android 7.1.2, which is supposed to have a S905X SOC and 2/8GB memory - by the way, how can I confirm that? CPU-Z, AIDA64, etc. don't explicitly tell me what the SOC is. But that can wait for now, there's something more urgent.

Yesterday I tried launching the pre-installed Root Explorer (or something to that effect) but it just freezes on a blank screen. CPU-Z says the box is rooted, so I thought all I needed was some permission control. I installed SuperSU from the play store and launched it. Opted for the "normal" installation (not TWRP). At some point it asked me to reboot the box, and so I did. Since then it won't go past the initial (cheesy) animation. I can get to the recovery menu, wipe the partitions (which I did), mount the system partition, enable the ADB interface (apparently), but that's all. Rebooting into bootloader doesn't seem to work (but I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway).

I'd like to revert the box to the previous state, is that possible? In the many forums I've been searching someone said if the SuperSU folder is renamed the box should boot to Android again. Not sure if that's the best way. But I can't get a terminal to type any commands anyway.

The box has a reset button inside the AV port (well, I can hear a click when I press it, so I assume it's there), a micro-SD card slot, and an OTG port next to the USB ports. I have a Win10 PC, and an old (10-yr old) laptop running Ubuntu. I also have lots of USB cables, including an A-to-A male-to-male that came with a HDD case.

I've read a few dozen posts about people with similar problems, but each case seems to be a little different than mine. I appreciate if you can help me find the right ones to follow.

I tried to connect to the box from my PC using the OTG port, but I can't see the device in Windows. Not sure if I'm doing it right.

I've been trying to load a TWRP recovery image to a micro-SD card and boot the box to it but it didn't work either. Again, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I used the BootCardMaker from China Gadgets, it came with its own u-boot.bin, which I used. At the end, I see an empty drive in Windows, I assume the boot files are in an invisible partition, correct? The card is only 512MB, does it matter?

Then I tried adding the TWRP recovery images I've found to the sd card drive in Windows (is that where it should go?), and boot the box to it. I tried releasing the reset button as soon as I plug in the power, and tried holding the button for 5, 10, and 30s. In any case the box always shows the initial logo but freezes there.

[EDIT] I tried now to use a different TWRP image without renaming it to recovery.img, then hold the reset button and power up. The box booted to the regular recovery menu. So it seems the box is at least reading the SD card (because when I put in a recovery.img file in it I get a different result). I guess now the matter is to find the correct TWRP image for this box, right?

[EDIT2] I forgot to add a link to the box: http://otttvbox.ca/t95m-android-60-t...-rom-p-53.html (but mine has Android 7)

I thought it's time to ask for help before I damage it even more. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

VMat
          Could you please attach the firmware you got ?
          The link has expired for long time.
          I need your help.
          Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymouse1986 View Post

Could you please attach the firmware you got ?
            The link has expired for long time.
            I need your help.
            Thank you in advance.

I actually came back here today to say I returned the box.
            That was 3 years ago... Sorry, but I returned the box. I do have a file here that may be a firmware for that box. If you want it, let me know where I can upload it for you. It's 575MB.

Thanks,

VMat

Comment

By the way, I still have that T95V and a couple of firmware files for it. Someday I might try to reflash it...

VMat

Comment

Yes please.

Please upload the fimeware there.

many thanks.

Comment

Done.

I hope it works for you. Cheers,

VMat

Comment

Done.

I hope it works for you. Cheers,

VMat
                    Hey vmat can you repost the t95m firmware link as it was expired as i have one with s905x chip bricked,thank you.

Comment

Hi ,

maybe this helps ,

https://blog.geekbuying.com/2016/08/...ware-20160824/

how to flash ,

but remember without the right Firmware it wont work ,

you can use Amlogic Burning Tool for flashing .

If stock flashing not works use the MRM Way ,

Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

but before you begin it is the best to open up

the Box and look what is really inside . (Cpu)

good luck / gefattern

Hint : never update SuperSu , it ends always in Bootloop ,

Magisk is the Future in "Root"

Comment

Working...
                      X