Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing it wrong, at this moment is flashing the image, let's see if I get any error message...

Comment

Originally posted by tagi123 View Post
      maybe 100 times ....I am getting different error than the one in the guide.
      Something like this: ROMCODE/initialize DDR/initialize status /USB control setup error

just try it and let me know, pls
      Alright, on the first attempt I got an error message, on the second attempt it worked!, now I'm gonna connect the device to my TV to see how it goes, I'll let you know later...

Comment

Finally!, my Mecool KM8 device is back, I immediately checked if there was any firmware update but Videostrong halted it because of what happened to me and tagi123, by the way, tagi123 you should try with a different USB port, that's what I did, I hope you can recover your device because it worked for me.

Comment

Hello,

happy to hear that
          I was able to flash the box also.
          Looks like the error that I got was related to lack of the power, because once the power cord was inserted, flash was successful.

With Corelelec on sd card it works great

Comment

Hello,

happy to hear that
            I was able to flash the box also.
            Looks like the error that I got was related to lack of the power, because once the power cord was inserted, flash was successful.

With Corelelec on sd card it works great
            Glad to know you fixed it, did you check if there was any firmware update? I did but they seemed to halt it, let's hope they don't screw it up with the next one.

Comment

no update for me also and it is also possible that there will be no future update

Comment

no update for me also and it is also possible that there will be no future update
                There must be a future update, otherwise I will trash it and get the MyGica ATV495Max instead.
                Last edited by delacosta78; 03-08-2019, 17:17.

Comment

Any news or rumors about an update? I'm desperate for an update, the WiFi doesn't work on my device, the remote control drops the bluetooth connection every time I put it into sleep mode and I can't connect any usb drives or hard drives because it doesn't recognize them , it's so annoying the way it works with the current firmware.
                  Last edited by delacosta78; 03-20-2019, 23:16.

Comment

What app or option do you need in Android that you can not have in CoreElec ?

After I got the box and saw how awful Android 8 is, I installed CoreElec on it. Had no regrets and had not booted Android on this awful box since then. CoreElec works perfectly for me, it has all I need.

Comment

@delacosta78 I am not facing any of the problems you described.

On other side, most of the time my box is running on CoreElec, booting form SD. It is not completely bug free, but it is working much much more better than shitty, undone android firmware from Videostrong.

BTW does the voice control works for you ? In android offcourse.

Comment

@delacosta78 I am not facing any of the problems you described.

On other side, most of the time my box is running on CoreElec, booting form SD. It is not completely bug free, but it is working much much more better than shitty, undone android firmware from Videostrong.
                        Really?, It so annoying on my device, I thought I wasn't the only one with those issues, but I don't want to use something different than Android TV besides that I love the OS.

BTW does the voice control works for you ? In android offcourse.
                        It always works as long as I reconnect the remote to the bluetooth connection which always drops when I put the device to standby.

Comment

I discovered today the reason why the WiFi wasn't working on my device, turns out the bluetooth was responsible for this issue, they seem to be in conflict so I removed the remote control from the list of paired devices and the WiFi is working stable now, I still can use the remote control with infrared but I won't be able to use the mic for the assistant until they release a new firmware to fix this inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by delacosta78 View Post
                            I discovered today the reason why the WiFi wasn't working on my device, turns out the bluetooth was responsible for this issue, they seem to be in conflict so I removed the remote control from the list of paired devices and the WiFi is working stable now, I still can use the remote control with infrared but I won't be able to use the mic for the assistant until they release a new firmware to fix this inconvenience.
                            This is an inconvenience of having only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, and not also 5 GHz.

It interferes with Bluetooth and vice-versa.

Not confident that a system update could do much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                              This is an inconvenience of having only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, and not also 5 GHz.

It interferes with Bluetooth and vice-versa.

Not confident that a system update could do much about it.
                              If that's true then I don't see the point of implementing something it's not gonna to work, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

There is a new KM8 at Gearbest with Android 9 Pie, I wonder if it's possible to extract the firmware and burn it to the current KM8 devices with Oreo, I guess someone has to get the device first, right?

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes, definitely. I just did it with Android Pie on the KM3, and it works on the KM9 too. If you get one of these, please PM me and I'll walk you through the steps.
                              Working...
                              X