Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM8 Google Certified Android TV Box with Voice Remote - S905X Android 8.0 2/16GB VP9 HDR10 Dolby Audio YT 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shuky View Post
    Is it possible to add external USB WiFi adapter? What driver/distro should i use?
    folks? any news on that one? i have spare realtek 2780 or similar chip, how to put some wifi drivers on android 9 to still ahve wifi on my mecool?
    Regards

Comment

You cannot add any drivers for WiFi on Android by yourself (at least not easy because they need to be supported by kernel.
      If you have any external USB WiFi dongle, connect it and see if it's recognized by Android. If it is - OK, and if it's not then there is nothing you can do about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sholander View Post
        You cannot add any drivers for WiFi on Android by yourself (at least not easy because they need to be supported by kernel.
        If you have any external USB WiFi dongle, connect it and see if it's recognized by Android. If it is - OK, and if it's not then there is nothing you can do about it...
        ok, so is there is a list of supported usb dongles for android 9?

Comment

It depends not only on Android version but also on your box model, so there is no such definite list. Best is try one you have, or ask on forums specific for your Android Box

Comment

The box is mecool km8:-)

Comment

On my KM8 on Android 8.0 USB-WiFi dongles with Realtek RT5370 chipset work OK.
              Edup AC1619 600 Mbps WiFi dongle with Realtek RTL8811AU chipset does not work and is not recognized in Android 8.0

Both dongles work on this box with CoreElec 9.2 with Kodi 18.4 installed on uSD card...

Comment

hey just wondering if there's any Netflix compatibility with this 9.0 update? anyone get Netflix working? which how? netflix ATV5.4 maybe? I flashed that minixfreak rom no wifi or BT tho hope I can get the 9.0 update with Netflix working??

Comment

On my KM8 on Android 8.0 USB-WiFi dongles with Realtek RT5370 chipset work OK.
                  Edup AC1619 600 Mbps WiFi dongle with Realtek RTL8811AU chipset does not work and is not recognized in Android 8.0

Both dongles work on this box with CoreElec 9.2 with Kodi 18.4 installed on uSD card...
                  So, i got my WiFi USB card from aliexpress, one quesiton, how to disable the faulty integrated one?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG2001 View Post
                    hey just wondering if there's any Netflix compatibility with this 9.0 update? anyone get Netflix working? which how? netflix ATV5.4 maybe? I flashed that minixfreak rom no wifi or BT tho hope I can get the 9.0 update with Netflix working??
                    Go read up few pages at KM3 thread

Comment

So, i got my WiFi USB card from aliexpress, one quesiton, how to disable the faulty integrated one?
                      Don't know, as I haven't done that and don't use Android on this box...

Comment

Don't know, as I haven't done that and don't use Android on this box...
                        do you know, is it possible to get root on this android tv box?

Comment

Don't know, since I don't use Android, nor do I need it, on this box...

Comment

do you know, is it possible to get root on this android tv box?
                            Using Magisc 19.3 .Through the Update&backup program install.

Comment

Been using this for quite some now with the latest official 9.0 firmware. Only problem is that when it has been on wifi for a while it does not drop it, but it doesn't just work. Cycling power helps again for a while. It seems that if I watch a long movie without pausing it, RW/FF etc wifi stays ok for full movie. Second selection would most like need cycling power.
                              Anyone else on the same boat? Any resolutions to this?
                              Last edited by MiXAL; 12-31-2019, 11:29.

Comment

I've given up on WiFi with this box.

I'm using it connected through Ethernet.

The antenna is plugged only to provide Bluetooth connection to my headphone.

I use only the TV remote through HDMI-CEC so I keep its remote saved.

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00TDB usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X